Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

The future of Norwich City

[quote user="Waveney canary"]I would be happy with a foreign owner if it meant that mcnasty and bowkett disappeared and the second coming happened[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/Ti42/media/Smilies/Trolls/troll_spray.jpg.html][IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/Ti42/Smilies/Trolls/troll_spray.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Alfie54"]Aren''t Everton proving that it''s possible to challenge the top clubs with an English owner and sensible spending?[/quote]

Could Everton win the league? Only team in the division to have lost just once this season and only two points off top. Now wouldnt that crush David Moyes'' soul!   :o

Everton''s team has been built over a number of years and have been a very solid but has been missing a quality forward. They''ve been lucky and managed to acquire Lukaku on loan which has given that bit of extra quality from being the best of the rest to now be included as one of the elite top 7 sides. It will be interesting to see if they can sustain that if Lakaku leaves next summer. However, if the get to CL they should have the funds to either keep him or replace him.

I would prefer Norwich to follow Everton''s route and stick with a manager over a number of years and build a strong team. We are unlikely to get an investor that is willing to put £200m + into the club, which will be required to join the elite clubs. If an investor wanted to pump £50m its unlikely to improve the team a great deal and could destabilise it e.g. QPR.