Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Sherwood gets Spurs job on full time basis

Another manager some of the deluded fringe will call upon to come and "save us" because he''s such a canaries legend.

[quote user="Buh"]Another manager some of the deluded fringe will call upon to come and "save us" because he''s such a canaries legend.[/quote]Really pleased to see a club giving an Englishman a chance at this level even if it is only for 6 months.And more importantly "deluded fringe" sounds like a new hairstyle.

good for tim sherwoodsuspect its not going to be so good for spurs, he looked like a rabbit in headlights on the touchline for the two games hes been in charge.bet they sack him in the summer and theres someone else in charge in the summer, will cost them next to nothing

what i meant was he wasnt going to be happy unless it was going to be long term, so theyve given him a contract thats not going to cost them much to cancel, and they can get their preferred manager after the world cup ends

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25501608

He''s been appointed initially until 2015. That''s fair enough.

I can''t say I am surprised. He obviously knows the players already, he''s had an impact from the off and deserved longer to see if he could keep it going as a result.

I think AVB has been somewhat found-out. I doubt we''ll see him managing in this country for a while. I suspect he''ll now go to Spain or Italy.

The really awkward bit is he''s a childhood Arsenal fan.

Watch that bite him in the arse!

Wow, 18 month contract. How about that for opportunism.  He doesn''t even have a Uefa Pro Licence, required for managing in the Premier League.Good on him for arguing his case for longer than six months. A great opportunity, right out of the blue.

Sherwood seems to have played this one very well.

Suspect he''s probably not going to be on AVB''s Christmas card list.

Cheap option?

Seems a strange one to me, I''m glad he is getting an opportunity but doesn''t seem to fit with the way Spurs have been operating recently.

Good for Tim & good luck in the merry go round seat that is the spurs managerial hot seat.

My first reaction was that he asked not to be interim manager so spurs have tactially taken a sound approach in giving him 18 months.   Thats the shortest period they could give and avodi an interim name or feel.      Spurs were unlikely to sign a better big name option before the summer anyway as most are tied to a club.

This way if spurs dont make the CL Tim can be returned to the back room staff and a bigger name, more readily available come the summer.   If he re energises them to 4th or better he deserves his second season - Keeps Sherwood happy by not having an interim tag, and means he wont spend any money until they know how effective he is. 

win win all round I say