Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Whats so bad about distant fans?

There must be precious few fans cretinous enough to actually be so small minded and parochial to make distinctions of any kind between fans. We all know you can''t beat going to a match, but although being there gives some mileage in your opinion being accurate because you were there, it doesn''t make you better. If you think you are better than someone else because of the way you support you are totally wrong. Norwich is one of the most welcoming clubs in the country. Setting fan against fan is worse than binning. Parochialism gone mad and anyone that thinks like that is a pea brained infantile schoolchild - and thats an insult to peas, infants and schoolchildren.

I''m surprised you bit, Wiz - of course there''s no superior fan, everyone should be able to support who they wish to support. It''s just a shame you''re not much support to the club though.

I''m not a true fan due to the fact I currently live in the states for uni

nevermind the fact that I went to all home games last season, or that I had a season ticket from 2001-2007. or that I''m missing work on thursday to watch the game, essentially missing out on $90 after tax. (Not a lot, but I''m a student so it does me well.)

but nope, to some on here I should be off supporting DC united and belong in hell.

I love distant fans who will move heaven and earth for a ticket against Man Utd, but a Capital Cup game on a cold tuesday night has''nt the sama appeal!!

By the nature of This forum you are never going to get turkey''s voting for Xmas but generally there is great pride that we are a local club supported by local fans. We don''t ever want to be a man utd or Chelsea. That is what so great about having local owners as well

[quote user="lake district canary"]There must be precious few fans cretinous enough to actually be so small minded and parochial to make distinctions of any kind between fans. We all know you can''t beat going to a match, but although being there gives some mileage in your opinion being accurate because you were there, it doesn''t make you better. If you think you are better than someone else because of the way you support you are totally wrong. Norwich is one of the most welcoming clubs in the country. Setting fan against fan is worse than binning. Parochialism gone mad and anyone that thinks like that is a pea brained infantile schoolchild - and thats an insult to peas, infants and schoolchildren.[/quote]

Couldn''t have put it better Lakey. Apart from a couple of trolls this doesn''t happen on here. Suggesting it does was just trolling in return.

It''s a fact that is never spoken about nor the fact that Delia used to be a binner!

--------------------------------------

you know this for a fact yet don''t know the true reasoning behind the "Delia-Scarf" shenanigans?

[quote user="Waveney canary"][quote user="Herman "]Stowmarket?[/quote]

It''s a fact that is never spoken about nor the fact that Delia used to be a binner![/quote]

That''s cuz she never was. She did once have a hankering for dirty Leeds but for the last 45 or so years she has been one of us. Wynnie''s support of course dates back further.

Merry Christmas Delia and Michael[<:o)]

Wearing my scarf around campus on chilly days or when the a/c is cranked up to uncomfortably cold levels has attracted comments from students who follow the Prem.

"Is that Nor-which?" they''ll ask. So I''m helping spread brand recognition beyond the confines of the county of Norfolk.

In this day and age where every game can be seen live, there can be no such thing as not having a valid opinion due to you not being at the game. This is an outdated view.

Of course from the club''s perspective, those that pay for their season tickets are most important. That said, there is plenty of cash to be made in other areas so all fans views are relevant even those who do not attend matches.

Sadly the money from the TV companies and ultimately those consumers are the most important. This money dwarfs ticket revenue. Norwich have to stay on that gravy train!

------nutty nigel----------

Sadly the money from the TV companies and ultimately those consumers are the most important. This money dwarfs ticket revenue. Norwich have to stay on that gravy train

------------------------------

Absolutely, for good or bad it is acting a great leveller for the vast majority of clubs outside the Top 6. In the past, Villa, for example, would have had a far greater budget than us, now there is little in it.

A fantastic opportunity for an astute manager to prove his worth.

In fact its effects are possibly even being seen in the top echelons now. The title race is involving so many sides.