Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Lambert after pilks

Don''t sell, as he is one of our best players and one of the best wingers in the league on his day. Yes he''s injured a few times but he might over come that with age. No need to sell as we don''t need the money.

I reckon we''d sell him for about £5 million in most circumstances, mostly because he never even manages half a season. But I think for Villa the board would demand 7-8 million, they won''t want it to look like Lambert is making mugs of us.

what planet are you lot on

be lucky to get 3 million for him

villa sure as hell wont pay 5 million + , completely contradicts what theyve been doing since lambert took over, and you can guarantee if they sell benteke their priority is going to be another striker not an injury prone winger

Definitely let him go for £3 million plus. Does not become sufficiently involved for my liking and I do not understand why many fans really like him. Very injury prone and I believe has only played in  about 5 successive games, if that.

With Benno back fit again in a month or two, with Snoddy playing and with the Murphy boys coming through, you could argue that we don''t need him so much. I suppose if Redmond were to be injured, it would be different.

On the question of fitness, I''m not sure that they are all in the same part of his legs. The other question is whether he could eventually overcome the tendency to get injured. (It seems that Vaughan has, despite the predictions!)

My advice to the club is: Don''t be suckered into disposing of a prime asset at a low price. If Villa offer a good price, why not, but we don''t owe them anything. On the contrary....

With the tougher set of fixtures facing us in the second half of the season, it makes no sense to dispose of any of our key assets. A strategic decision for the Summer, not now.

I''d rather he stay unless it''s stupid money (5-7m) he''s a little injury prone but one hell of a player when he gets a run of games in. and to villa especially, can''t care lass about the lambert factor but they are a team who will be competing for a similar place in the table to us.

I thought Liverpool were interested not so long ago they''ll pay over the odds.

Agree with the poster that big changes like this should be done in the summer.

Only incoming players + any deadwood out. Shouldn''t be losing any first teamers in January.

[quote user="pete"]I thought Liverpool were interested not so long ago they''ll pay over the odds.[/quote]

You do know King Kenny is not the manager anymore don''t you ? [:D]

Hoots has said he is after a wide midfielder so it would not make sense to sell one - unless the money is recycled to buy two. That does not seem likely to me.

Any player that''s regularly in the match day squad should not be sold in January. I think Pilks is always in it when fit. Much the same with Wes. Only 11 can start and on a match day we need 18 good enough to start.

Salopian wrote the following post at 22/12/2013 2:32 PM:

"With Benno back fit again in a month or two, with Snoddy playing and with the Murphy boys coming through, you could argue that we don''t need him so much...."

That is not an argument. Pilks value to the Club - his intelligence, skill, goalscoring and versatility - far outweigh anything those others have to offer. Snoddy is only good (will only play) in one position, Redmond suffers from poor decision making, Josh is still very young and Bennett is really not that good anyway.

I see that Benteke didn''t even make the Villa matchday squad yesterday.

I guess a swap deal of Pilks for Benteke with a cash adjustment in our favour might be acceptable.

Another point to consider is his potential contribution to the Villa cause.

Many of us still like to see them struggle, but besides that they look more and more likely to be on the fringes of the relegation scrap along with us.

I wouldn''t want him to go there and fire them up in any way, especially at our expense.

I have no doubt that this is just paper talk, but ............. if the price was right I would have no problem with selling.

Pilks on his day is excellent, imo the trouble is the injuries which might well be a knock on affect from that terrible injury from his Huddersfield coupled with him being abit inconsistent means he has to be way ahead of our other wide players in order to walk back into the team. While he''s good and a real goal threat he''s not sufficiently better than Redmond or Snodgrass to do that.

Difficult....Beano, Snoddy can manage thingsRedmond still needs some timeMurphys, harsh but they are a long way off "comming through" fans who think they are anywhere near ready for Prem football need a reality check.

So if we do move Pilks on we need to replace him , although his constant injuries make me slide toward the move him on camp.

With pilks starting to run down his contract I think there is some truth behind this to be honest.

If you are an attacking player you are always going to chose the dynamic football of the Messiah against the drap and boring football of hapless

[quote user="Waveney canary"]With pilks starting to run down his contract I think there is some truth behind this to be honest.

If you are an attacking player you are always going to chose the dynamic football of the Messiah against the drap and boring football of hapless[/quote]Lambert doesn''t do "dynamic football" any more.

I''ve always thought he''d be ideal behind the striker/s. Two footed with good passing and shooting. He''s not very quick so I see him a bit wasted out wide. Just a shame about his injuries as they''ve really hindered his development here.