Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

A bit of trivia....

Michael Turner isn''t it!

I heard this a while back, it was some sort of internship?

Yes, Michael Turner.

He did a few months playing for their Under 19''s when he was just 16, some sort of link up that Charlton had with Inter Milan (because he came through the system at Charlton).

Heard this on a thread a few months back, must have been a good experience for a young lad. Still, wasnt Le Juge himself once on Inter''s books? Am I right in thinking Cedric anselin was also once at one of the Milan clubs? Or am I getting mixed up?

Anselin and de Blasiis both had played for Bordeaux.

Both technically very good players and shone a real light into a team that Rioch had to inject some sort of ability into. Sadly in many ways it didn''t work out for them - both due to injuries really.

Well obviously these players being with Barca etc is no different to Mulryne and Notman having been with Man Utd.

Just thought it was an interesting piece of trivia. Turns out it was actually 6 months, and one week after arriving he had to mark Vieri as a 16 year old.

Turns out he has also been in an England provisional squad (senior). I hope Hodgson notices his current form because our CB options for England are the weakest I can ever remember them.

Liverpool tried to sign him once as well, when he was at Hull.

I''ve got another bit of factual trivia which has relevance for tomorrow... :(

City have never actually scored a home Premier League goal on Boxing Day.

....saw that one on the beeb site - we''ve only had 3 home PL Boxing Day games though, against either Spurs or Chelsea,, which does put a bit more context on it:

92/3 0-0 home v Spurs

93/4 no game (won 3-1 at Spuds on the 27th),

94/5 away v Spurs again, lost 3-1,

04/05 0-2 home to spuds,

11/12 no game (lost 0-2 home v spuds on 27th),

last year 0-1 home v Chelsea.

The most interesting thing in all that is that 5 out of 6 ''Christmas'' PL games have been v Spurs.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]I''ve got another bit of factual trivia which has relevance for tomorrow... :(

City have never actually scored a home Premier League goal on Boxing Day.[/quote]Guess tomorrow will just have to be the first then!