Sign in to follow this  
 Zak Van Burger

Fulham have just re-signed Clint Dempsey

That''s what I thought but I got confused by a recent piece on the Beeb site, they''ve removed the Boxing day reference now and checking around he definitely cannot play vs us.

Dempsey, who will not be eligible to play for Rene Meulensteen''s side until the transfer window reopens at the start of January, added: "Some of my best years of football have come playing for this club.

Yep, he''ll be there for the FA Cup tie, but not our league fixture.Pleased about that. His arrival could well lift the players. As it is, they come down here without him, Berbatov a doubt, and both regular centre backs out injured (Hangeland & Senderos). We have a great opportunity to grab all three points. I just hope we go for it.

I''d sort of agree with that CJF.

He''s not a striker though, he''s an attacking midfielder and when you look at him like that he''s a good, solid mid-table premiership player.

Could play in behind Hooper or RVW and pull the strings a bit.

He was the wrong purchase for Spurs but only because he didn''t fit into what they were trying to do.

Saying that, they were trying to bang Dembele into a defensive midfielder . . . .

To me this shows desperation. This a player who was showing good form in a Fulham shirt, he then moved to Tottenham and didn''t recreate that sort of form and now he''s playing a the MLS.

I honestly think Taarabt, Bent and Berbatov are larger threats than him. Don''t get me wrong he was a great player for them, but he''s not had that same consistent form since 2011.