Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Murphy's sign new contracts

Amazing News! So glad for them!

True talent nurtured at out academy a glimpse into the future of the club!!!

I know it''s not quite luciano Becchio signing a new contract but I hope most can get enthused about it

Like the Wallace''s and the DeBoers 1 twin is considerably better than the other and the therefore it is likely that we will only see one in the 1st team on a regular basis in future

Hi Dave,

What is it that gives you this opinion?

Having watched both lads over the last two years, I have seen them outperform each other, Josh may be slightyly ahead at the moment but I think ultimately they are pretty equal when it comes to natural ability.

They both offer different things to the team though and on paper Jacob would appear to be the one more likely to progress; a better right foot, more of an eye for goal, etc. but obviously the Management Team have pushed Josh into the first team quicker. I''m fairly confident that Jacob is not too far behind and will make his debut before the season is out.

And when did you gain your coaching qualifications alartz?

2/3 seasons? One of them is already playing in the Prem. Ok, nothing special from him so far. But 2/3 seasons in the Championship? If you really think Josh needs that... The only reason they''d ever be out for that long and then come back and play first team would be if we signed another couple of better wingers. If they are going to go out on loan for 2/3 seasons we might as well sell them. Because in 2/3 seasons we''ll have brought in another couple wingers that are better than the two out on loan in the Championship.

Have you not ever noticed most of these top team players that go out on loan repeatedly never actually play for the top teams? If the Murphy''s need 2 seasons or more in the Championship, and we stay in the Premiership then the club will outgrown them.

[quote user="Dave"]Like the Wallace''s and the DeBoers 1 twin is considerably better than the other and the therefore it is likely that we will only see one in the 1st team on a regular basis in future[/quote]

Not so sure. In the youth cup (and from most of the youth reports from the league I read last season) Jacob seemed to be considered the shining light, with Josh in his shadow. I was very surprised when it was Josh who broke through.

I wonder about the Da Silva twins at Utd. Is Rafael really that much better than Fabio, or is it just that Fabio had Patrice Evra in his way. I know he didnt do well at QPR, but that was a tough gig!

It is good news and well earned;   my impression was josh is viewed as marginally ahead both internationally and at the club and thats why he has more appearances (and goals overall)   

Both are talented and I hope we slowly see more of them over the next couple of years.

Personally I would consider both for a loan once our wide injuries have cleared up,  if we can get them to a champs squad with Josh having a recall clause.    Honest competetive football is the best teaching,   and Redmond is only ahead because of that experience imo - half a season would be perfect.

Waste of money!!! Football Manager says they will both be sh*te.

Joking aside, a great bit of news. Cant remember the last time we had a few exciting prospects.

(although that bit about FM is true...)

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]Waste of money!!! Football Manager says they will both be sh*te.

Joking aside, a great bit of news. Cant remember the last time we had a few exciting prospects.

(although that bit about FM is true...)[/quote]

Well, in previous incarnations of FM, wonderkids I''ve had previously have been Tonton Zola Mokuko, Kalam Mooniaruck and Marc Muniesa (still waiting that one out). So I would suggest that FM doesnt have a great record of predicting stardom!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Their mum looks a bit nice too ![/quote]

Talking of looking nice - have often wondered who the rather attractive young blonde is who regularly appears in pictures of the directors box. ?