Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Norwich vs Fulham match thread

The cheat who shouldn''t be on the field for a series of yellow card challenges has just won the game aghainst a hapless norwich city!!

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Pants getting damp again eh?[/quote]lets not forget who we are playing here........[/quote]
And last week. 2 mighty relegation teams!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Pants getting damp again eh?[/quote]

Do shut up.

Disguising your willingness to put up with this humiliation as some sort of bravery might wash with yourself and Miggins but doesn''t wash with me, or any other fans not burying their heads in the sand.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Utterly Useless! Get Howson and Tettey back sharpish and banish Johnson to the lower leagues.[/quote]
Problem is on todays performance, there are only a few I wouldn''t banish. Hooper, Redmond and Olsson are the only players to come out of this game with some credit.

And last week. 2 mighty relegation teams!

----------------------------------------------

Sund are beating Everton away from home. 2 games ago fulham beat villa 2-0 and barely lost to spurs last week.

jesus F*ing christ. it''s a bad result but not the end of the world

Parker shouldn''t have even been on the pitch after his waist high lunge on Ricky. Definition of dangerous play and not being in control of the tackle.
I sincerely hope he has done something serious to his neck but I somehow doubt it.
We were poor but they''re just a team of thugs. Ref gave us no protection whatsoever today.

The way those down the road are going we may not even be the regions top side next season , no way are we a mid table Prem team .

That results leaves the three key indicators like this:1) Points per game 1.055 (compared with 1.157 last season).2) Goals scored per game 0.888 (compared with 1.078 last season).3) Goals conceded per game 1.722 (compared with 1.526 last season).If this were to carry on we would finish with 40 points and a -31 goal difference.

[quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Pants getting damp again eh?[/quote]

Do shut up.

Disguising your willingness to put up with this humiliation as some sort of bravery might wash with yourself and Miggins but doesn''t wash with me, or any other fans not burying their heads in the sand.[/quote]1. Losing by one goal to a better funded, more established team now on the same points total as us isn''t a "humiliation" in my book. 2. I appreciate you thinking me "brave" but I''m not entirely sure why.3. I''m not burying my head in the sand, we''ve had some terrible results and poor performances but this doesn''t rank as one of them. I didn''t notice things get any better when we had the armchair managers'' choice of RVW and Hooper up front, playing with Wes, BTW.4. The only reason I''ll shut up is when I can''t stand the constant doom-laden whinging on here any more. I''ll join in with a sensible debate but the tone on here when we''re not winning is so over the top it''s like trying to reason with a load of self-obsessed teenagers.

So bleedin'' frustrating yet again. Missing a key element of composure all over the pitch - giving silly fouls away (which gave them their equaliser), misplaced passes, few decent balls into the box after promising build up play (Redmond in particular guilty). I was disappointed with the thought of getting a draw but losing it takes the sodding biscuit. Big opportunity to climb to 10th and relative comfort missed. Now we''re back in the mire. 

Well I''m pro Hughton, but he needs to start win game at the midfield. Okay we are out of two players there, but this 4-4-1-1 makes us lose posession and doesnt create chances enough to be worth of risk.

If we continue playing it we at least need good ball playing CB and quicker RB to keep opposition wide players at bay and our formation width enough.

Turner and Johnson just can''t play their own game in these games where they have to keep great amount of the ball. Also Fer, Bassong and Ruddy seemed today very nervous with the ball leaving only wide players and strikers to make purposeful actions with the ball.

Annoying as hell that we could have just killed that game easily with easy short passes with better passing and one more midfielder after we scored the leader.

This formation and tactic can work against 4-3-3 sides and other formation with 2 pure strikers, but now we were facing opponent that had 4 midfielders with two wide players helping them and fullbacks keeping the width. No wonder we were easily broke down and players on the ball were closed down before they could find passing route.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]That results leaves the three key indicators like this:1) Points per game 1.055 (compared with 1.157 last season).2) Goals scored per game 0.888 (compared with 1.078 last season).3) Goals conceded per game 1.722 (compared with 1.526 last season).If this were to carry on we would finish with 40 points and a -31 goal difference.[/quote]

Thank God, 40 points keeps us up! In CH we trust.

Its not looking good tbh,The reality is that 18,000,000 was spent on attacking players (if you include Redmond) and we still have the 3rd worst attacking side in the premiership. God knows how we would be if we didnt have Hooper. The reality is that it is a profoundly unbalanced squad, with 1 genuine number 10 in Hoolahan and no obvious passing midfielder unless we include Howson. I have no idea if there is a budget for Jan, neither do I tend to believe players brought in mid season make much difference, but if there is funds I have no doubt that Hughton will bring someone who looks pretty good in and then still create a side devoid of offensive zeal. I like him as a bloke, and man do I want him to succeed but we havent taken a side apart in his tenure, and that is not good in that tends to suggest a certain limited outlook on the game. Maybe with sleep it will look better, and I still doubt we will go down, but I really do believe that we should be a comfortably mid table side.

Nuffsaid, whilst this may not have been a humiliation along the lines of Man City or Liverpool this season, taking 1 point from the bottom two sides (ie; two of our biggest relegation rivals) is worrying to you surely?

Where are those people who said Pilkington isn''t very influential and worth only £3mil. He''s exactly the sort of player, like How son that we missed today.

He''s better than Snodgrass. Redmond was good but I felt his decision making reflected his lack of experience today, shooting when Pills would have crossed.

Ref did not help us at all today. How we got more bookings I don''t know. Two blatant shoves in the box not given either.