Sign in to follow this  

I think it''s actually the fans'' naivity that makes us worry about him. Screaming when he''s closed down on the ball just confirms this!

We''re not used to seeing a player of his quality in our side. We''re used to seeing Edworthy/Steeno etc pelt the ball aimlessly up the pitch, and we''ve come to expect that from our full backs (Drury still does it). However, Helveg is a totally different proposition, he must be the most composed player in our squad, he''s calm on the ball and looks to pass the ball out of defence instead of pelting it. We just need Safri or Francis to drop inside and give Helveg the option of a diagonal pass out of trouble, and then we''ll have a route out of defence every time.

Helveg is a quality player, you don''t go to numerous International Championships and captain your country if you''re not. If he''s given options he''ll almost definitely complete the pass, and we''ll go on to form an attack.

In my opinion he is going to get caught out one of these days......but he''s turning into a legend

[quote]I think it''s actually the fans'' naivity that makes us worry about him. Screaming when he''s closed down on the ball just confirms this! We''re not used to seeing a player of his quality in our side. We...[/quote]

I can appreciate that, but there is a time and a place for passing out of defence and I think he needs to be more aware of that!!