Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Will big United defeat spell the end?

Does anyone think that Manchester United at home might be Hughtons last hurrah? If we took a 4-0 beating at home, against an improving Man Utd, coupled with the other huge beatings we have suffered that could be it. We talk about beating the sides around us but we can''t even do that anymore.

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Does anyone think that Manchester United at home might be Hughtons last hurrah? If we took a 4-0 beating at home, against an improving Man Utd, coupled with the other huge beatings we have suffered that could be it. We talk about beating the sides around us but we can''t even do that anymore.[/quote]Nope.

I think not. I believe the existing management team will be in post until May. The opportunity to change was missed. That is a decision for which the board of directors must take responsibility. With our friends from down the road now in the playoff zone, I find it surprising that most of this board remain so sanguine. As ever Palace, once again, is another must win game.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I think not. I believe the existing management team will be in post until May. The opportunity to change was missed. That is a decision for which the board of directors must take responsibility. With our friends from down the road now in the playoff zone, I find it surprising that most of this board remain so sanguine. As ever Palace, once again, is another must win game.[/quote]Lol, you are a miserable git, and I only ever see you post when we have lost!

He should have been gone months ago , the club is sleepwalking into relegation for no other reason than sticking by a man who would struggle to manage a Sunday pub side . Palace ,Sunderland and Fulham have all changed and got far better managers than we have and you will be able to make that 4 when WBA appoint somebody .

I''m not necessarily a firm pro-Hughton fellow, but he won''t get us relegated, we will be fine with a couple of January signings.

I''d be much more interested in partaking in a debate about whether he is the right man to hand another summer warchest to after this season has finished.

I don''t have the appetite for a mid-season dismissal, but come the end of the season a strategic change and a dignified mutual parting of ways and ''change in direction'' might be more appealing to me.

It''s great that you have such confidence. We were taken to the brink of relegation last season; we appear to have gone backwards not forwards this season; we looked tense, slow and devoid of ideas today. In contrast, teams such as Sunderland and Palace have an improving pattern of performance but from an admittedly low base. Are you so sure we''re capable of beating Palace next week? Don''t forget we''ve had our easy fixtures - the coming half of the season is much more challenging.

You keep saying that. I ask you again by what logic you think the second half of the season is the harder. We have been to Arsenal, City, Spurs and Liverpool as well as awkward places like West Brom, Stoke , Newcastle and Sunderland.

To come is Old Trafford, Chelsea, Cardiff and Swansea and Everton. There are no easier games but I cannot see how this is so much harder than what we have come through.

It comes down Cambridge to the fact that our away form is generally poor. We therefore have to rely more on our home games. Five of our remaining home games are against the traditional top six sides. Play like we did today we''re unlikely to get anything other than the odd point. We therefore have fewer opportunities to accrue point in the coming half of the season than last.

"It''s great that you have such confidence"

I doubt I''m any more overly-confident than you are being overly-pessimistic.

We are comfortably better than four or five teams in this division, and that doesn''t include Villa who suddenly looking like serious relegation contenders.

People who think we are dead-certs for relegation are those who don''t watch the other teams enough.

I''m not struggling to spot 3 worse teams in this league.

Cardiff are in serious trouble, Villa have lost 4 in a row, West Ham are playing with no strikers and Andy Carroll will soon be Dean Ashton II and his injury problems are more serious than are being let on.

Palace haven''t got the players to pull of a Pulis team for anymore than a short honeymoon period, Sunderland are a few winless games away from giving up.

We are doing alright and will survive.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"It''s great that you have such confidence"

I doubt I''m any more overly-confident than you are being overly-pessimistic.

We are comfortably better than four or five teams in this division, and that doesn''t include Villa who suddenly looking like serious relegation contenders.

People who think we are dead-certs for relegation are those who don''t watch the other teams enough.

I''m not struggling to spot 3 worse teams in this league.

Cardiff are in serious trouble, Villa have lost 4 in a row, West Ham are playing with no strikers and Andy Carroll will soon be Dean Ashton II and his injury problems are more serious than are being let on.

Palace haven''t got the players to pull of a Pulis team for anymore than a short honeymoon period, Sunderland are a few winless games away from giving up.

We are doing alright and will survive.[/quote]
Lol. Really Le Juge?
I mostly agree with your sentiments on this board, but Sunderland are only 6 points behind us, and thats rock bottom. They won away today, and kept a clean sheet, as did Palace. With Fulham beating us, and having the only worse goals conceded column I fail to see how we are worse than 4 or 5 teams currently.
I think in the new year, there will be a little more urgency and panic when we sit in the bottom 3. I blooming hope I''m wrong, but don''t see enough from City to suggest we have any fight in us this season to keep our heads above water.

"but Sunderland are only 6 points behind us, and thats rock bottom"

Sunderland don''t have enough goals in them to survive in this division, and 6 points in half a season is a lot of points, it is halfway to 12 points.

"as did Palace"

Honeymoon period. Same problem, lack of quality up front.

"With Fulham beating us"

Fulham are one that I think can survive, but they were always underachieving. Teams that are overachieving = Palace & Cardiff, probably Hull. Look at what is happening at Cardiff, Tan''s idiocy will now relegate them.

You could of course be right. But I just don''t think we are doing our job correctly. Screw everyone else and what they are doing. Its going to be a nervy finish to 16/17th for us if we do survive. Maybe Cardiff, West Ham so long as Carol stays injured and Sunderland to go down then. I hope.

Despite todays defeat if you look at form over the last 7 or 8 games, we are holding up quite well.

Remember that we had a terrible start (partly due to tough fixtures) and have pulled ourselves up the table.

During that same period West Ham and Aston Villa have had a terrible run.

There are probably 9 teams in a relegation fight, we are one of them.

I just think we have enough in the tank to achieve a respectable finish this season. We have been a bit unlucky with injuries, four or five first teamers out at once.

I don''t think any other teams have had that much bad luck with injuries..... Tettey, Pilkington, E. Bennett, Van Wolswinkel, Snodgrass all out at the same time.

Bassong carrying an injury, Hooper out for a month or so.

With some of those players still to come back, and a couple of shrewd additions in January, I think we will be fine.

Somebody had better tell Highland that we play exactly the same teams in the second half of the season as we did in the first half, like every other team.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]He should have been gone months ago , the club is sleepwalking into relegation for no other reason than sticking by a man who would struggle to manage a Sunday pub side . Palace ,Sunderland and Fulham have all changed and got far better managers than we have and you will be able to make that 4 when WBA appoint somebody .[/quote]

absolute twaddle.

We''ve sleepwalked about 5 places up the table in the last 4 weeks.What is Poyet''s record since he took over, what is Meulensteen''s? I think Hughton''s will stack up quite well..

A few weeks ago, it was "keep Hughton cuz there''s nobody available out there," and now it''s "keep Hughton cuz all the quality managers who were available a few weeks ago have been snatched up, so now there''s nobody available out there anymore".

Deliciously clever, you mediocre wannabes.

Coming from somebody who wanted Altidore to score against Norwich last week because the US Mens Soccer XI is more important than your club you ''wannabe'' you.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Coming from somebody who wanted Altidore to score against Norwich last week because the US Mens Soccer XI is more important than your club you ''wannabe'' you.[/quote]Altidor has more chance of finishing up Premier League leading scorer than CH has of being replaced.

I wanted him to do well and us better. How many times do you need to hear that before it sinks in?

And once again, the the passionless hap clap ignores my main point because he knows I''m right. Yay, me!