Sign in to follow this  
southstand

How much longer can we play with 10 men

Don''t normally like to be so open in the criticism

of City players - and therefore the Manager - but

Redmind has been so poor ovet the last 3 games.

To such an extent it''s like playing with

10 men

I know he''s young and he possibly could

develop but he is just not Premiership standard

The longer we persist in picking him the

deeper we will fall into the relegation

quagmire

We do not have sufficient good players to

carry him

Sorry Mr Redmond but you need a lot

more time

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well he''s the only player who consistently creates anything that resembles a chance.[/quote]
Unfortunately GP you are correct, which just shows how much we are in trouble. When your hopes lie on a 19-year old who looks like he needs a rest, has poor decision making of when to cross or shoot, rarely shoots to trouble the keeper, and is your main outlet, I think its safe to say you''ll be in for a hard season.
I said a while ago that at best we could aim for 14-17th but I fear we could be the team to finish 18th. We just lack grit and desire to stay in this league.

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Elmander and Johnson were far worse today![/quote]
Fer wasn''t much better either. If Ruddy left after this season having played the way he has so far, I also wouldn''t be as upset as I would have been had he left in the summer for Chelsea. The best players last season in Snoddy, Bass, and Ruddy are woeful this year. That should be alarm bells ringing and screaming. It''s scary stuff!

As far as the Fulham game was concerned (and a few others this season) this thread should actually have been about Snodgrass.

Fer was the worst player. Felt sorry for Johnson as he was playing the entire Fulham midfield on his own.

Fer is undoubtedly a class player but he does drift in games even when playing well and you can''t afford for one of your midfield to go AWOL when the opposition already outnumber you in that department

Our biggest problem is our two wingers i agree. Snodgrass and Redmond have bags of ability but offer nothing useful to the team. Neither of them can cross or shoot from distance, they can go round players for fun, look really flashy but don''t offer anything useful. It''s like playing with Junior Hoilett on both wings. We desperatly need a new winger who can cross and create chances in January and get one of EB or Pilkington fit for the rest of the season

It''s a very harsh assessment and I''m with GP, if he wasn''t playing we would offer little going forward in this formation.

That being said his decision making was at times today very poor, but I''d say he also flashed some very good crosses across the box that players failed to connect with. It certainly was not all bad.

Snodgrass was incredibly poor in open play today and deservedly replaced.

hes the quickest, creative player in the team, the problem is hes young and wasteful, and played out of position 90% of the time to accommodate either hoolahan or snodgrasswhen he starts to hit the target with the wayward shots, or deliver the crosses accurately he will be lethalhe creates his own chances, just needs to relax a bit when hes trying to take them

cant blame him if hes a bit nervous/anxious, cant put the pressure of relegation on a kid and expect it to go well

I agree, yes he is quick and can beat his man most of the time but the final ball is normally a wild shot into the stands. Its making the strikers look bad. Olson is also becoming guilty of this.