Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

A question to those who still defend chris hughton

Have you noticed how none of the usual suspects are currently posting? Funny isn''t it? If we''d have held on for that 1-0 win, and 20 minute performance I''m sure they''d have all been on here giving it the big ''un. Alas they must be off somewhere with their buckets and spades digging a giant hole.....

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Have you noticed how none of the usual suspects are currently posting? Funny isn''t it? If we''d have held on for that 1-0 win, and 20 minute performance I''m sure they''d have all been on here giving it the big ''un. Alas they must be off somewhere with their buckets and spades digging a giant hole.....[/quote]Some might say that it''s only the usual suspects currently posting. It must have been a difficult few weeks for some but fortunately Santa turned up trumps for those who only show when we lose.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Have you noticed how none of the usual suspects are currently posting? Funny isn''t it? If we''d have held on for that 1-0 win, and 20 minute performance I''m sure they''d have all been on here giving it the big ''un. Alas they must be off somewhere with their buckets and spades digging a giant hole.....[/quote]

In much the same way as some posters go missing whenever we win.

At a wild guess, it''s because they''re on their way back from the game, involved in seasonal festivities, or can''t face the misery on this board.

And to answer the original question, the main improvement is in the quality of the squad. Sadly, this potential isn''t often seen in our performances. The reason I don''t think sacking Hughton is the answer is because, unless by some freak occurrence we got a *much* better quality of manager, we''d still be roughly where we are today. We should be looking long term, not reacting to day to day events, and stability is good for the long-term.

No pattern to our play, no ideas, weak, slow players. No players show for the ball. No leaders. Terrible delivery into the box. Johnson running around like a headless chicken, fouling people and spraying passes to the opposition. Snodgrass who looks like he''s running in quicksand and never has any end product. Elemander who hasn''t scored in his last 21 premiership games. Whittaker who''s slow and can''t defend and loves to just chip the ball aimlessly forward...Other than that we''re awesome.....

[quote user=" Zak Van Cartman"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Have you noticed how none of the usual suspects are currently posting? Funny isn''t it? If we''d have held on for that 1-0 win, and 20 minute performance I''m sure they''d have all been on here giving it the big ''un. Alas they must be off somewhere with their buckets and spades digging a giant hole.....[/quote]Some might say that it''s only the usual suspects currently posting. It must have been a difficult few weeks for some but fortunately Santa turned up trumps for those who only show when we lose.[/quote]
Those who "turn up" are your lot. Spouting the same clueless stuff. I''d love a win mate, but its rare, and getting rarer under the current regime. I want a change so that we can see a positive performance from start to finish for 90 minutes. Something that hasn''t happened surely since santa last visited?

Where has the op been the last 3 games I wonder?

Its rather sad sitting waiting for the club to fail simply so you can have your say.... i wonder if you actually felt gutted when Leroy Fer rolled the goal in vs wba....

[quote user="Herman "]Haven''t heard from you for a while Seattle. Where you bin?[/quote]
Ah off and around doing the christmas bits and pieces Herman. I have been on here almost everyday seeing what everyone was up to, but didn''t see the point of posting much during or after the Sunderland game as it was a bit dull, and not much to talk about. I came on yesterday and wished a Merry Xmas!
I genuinely thought we''d win today mate. Got up at 6:30am in my true plastic manner only to have that showing depress me further with my post christmas blues. The rest of my band are irish "united" fans, which was fun last winter for me, but I''m not so sure how bad I''ll be feeling this time in 2 days. Surely no worse I expect. How was your Xmas?

It was fine until today. I''m being forced to watch our next game with a United fan. So that will/won''t round off the footballing year nicely!?

[quote user="Herman "]It was fine until today. I''m being forced to watch our next game with a United fan. So that will/won''t round off the footballing year nicely!?[/quote]
Now you''ve said that, Van Persie will probably shoot and hit Ruddys crossbar and the ball will deflect all the way down field whilst catching the wind and loop over De Gea and we''ll hold on to a scrappy 1-0 win. It''s the Norwich City way!

[quote user="Waveney canary"]The situation is no longer defendable ( excluding herman and LDC) and he now has to go to be replaced by the second coming of the messiah[/quote]
I agree with Hughton leaving, but not so PL can return. There would have to be very particular circumstances for him to return, and to be honest I''m not sure what they would have to be.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]After around 18 months in charge, including having the biggest transfer budget in NCFC history, how exactly, are we progressing and improving as a side in your eyes?[/quote]You really don''t get it, do you?You have to spend to even stand still in the Premier league. You think because we spent, what was it, 20 million odd, it gives us a God given right to win games?Get real.

It''s plainly obvious that no matter how much Hughton saves himself with the odd must win or get sacked game,he will never take us to the next level he is lacking tactically and the team are going nowhere under him.Today was a real chance to put serious daylight between us and the bottom 3 but as you would expect we f##ked it up and are once again right in the do do.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]After around 18 months in charge, including having the biggest transfer budget in NCFC history, how exactly, are we progressing and improving as a side in your eyes?[/quote]You really don''t get it, do you?You have to spend to even stand still in the Premier league. You think because we spent, what was it, 20 million odd, it gives us a God given right to win games?Get real.[/quote]

U r such a sexy beast Morty xxx

[quote user="Fat Nat"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]After around 18 months in charge, including having the biggest transfer budget in NCFC history, how exactly, are we progressing and improving as a side in your eyes?[/quote]You really don''t get it, do you?You have to spend to even stand still in the Premier league. You think because we spent, what was it, 20 million odd, it gives us a God given right to win games?Get real.[/quote]

U r such a sexy beast Morty xxx[/quote]Cheers[Y]

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]And still no one can explain how we are improving and progressing as a side under Chris Hughton.............................[/quote]Perhaps you''re too simple to grasp the concept of playing in the best league in the world, and how a club of our size will always be up against it, and having to play at the very top of our abilities to even stay in the league?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]And still no one can explain how we are improving and progressing as a side under Chris Hughton.............................[/quote]Perhaps you''re too simple to grasp the concept of playing in the best league in the world, and how a club of our size will always be up against it, and having to play at the very top of our abilities to even stay in the league?[/quote]And still no one can explain how we are improving and progressing as a side under Chris Hughton.............................

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]And still no one can explain how we are improving and progressing as a side under Chris Hughton.............................[/quote]Perhaps you''re too simple to grasp the concept of playing in the best league in the world, and how a club of our size will always be up against it, and having to play at the very top of our abilities to even stay in the league?[/quote]And still no one can explain how we are improving and progressing as a side under Chris Hughton.............................[/quote]Have you considered that you aren''t very clever perhaps? Maybe people explain but you just can''t grasp it.

No one can explain it.

We have regressed under CH. We have 6 points less now than we did this time last season and 2 less than under PL too.

He won''t / can''t evolve us and could well relegate us.

You do realise that our transfer budget is relative, it might have been a record for us but almost everyone else has outspent us over the last 24 months which makes our spend an irrelevance - I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU DON''T GET THIS UNLESS YOU ARE MENTALLY SUBNORMAL!!!!!!

In terms of the club - we have a far better squad than we have had and the fact that we are where we are shows the scale of the task in a lead where clubs in the bottom three can drop millions on players, we are on track to achieve our aim (which has to be survival) and we are doing it while making a profit. It amazes me that people like you pop up to revel in a loss and bemoan the club / performances / players etc without any appreciation of the bigger picture.

Now can you explain the following:

1) what you think a manager of a club with one of, if not, the smallest wage budgets in the league should be achieving?

2) what position do you think we should be in an how would you have taken us there?

3) exactly why do you follow this club when all you can do is wallow in defeats?

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Agreed Cantiaci. But i''ll put it out there again for Morty and others. Can anyone out there explain how we are improving and progressing as a side under Chris Hughton?[/quote]

Can you explain what we should be doing differently without arriving at the childish position of - ''I want to play exciting attacking football where we don''t concede goals, we don''t lose matches and we do it all within a very small budget?''

Maybe stop sniping and share your wisdom?

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Agreed Cantiaci. But i''ll put it out there again for Morty and others. Can anyone out there explain how we are improving and progressing as a side under Chris Hughton?[/quote]No, because you are a moron.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Agreed Cantiaci. But i''ll put it out there again for Morty and others. Can anyone out there explain how we are improving and progressing as a side under Chris Hughton?[/quote]

Under Hughton we have signed an in demand English striker who is already proving his worth. Opportunities are being given to younger players and (bigger teams apart) we are always in games.

The younger players are learning and developing. Key players have signed long term contracts... Humphrey has also adressed your point above...

Perhaps you will settle for champions league? I am keen to hear where you feel a club of our stature should be?