Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Fulham

bogey team my hairy seed carrierit was a rubbish performance against a rubbish team, not dissimilar to the rubbish performance against sunderland and the rubbish and very fortunate performance against west brom, and all the other rubbish performances under clueless chris

all that aside our supposedly tighter defence looks like its got bigger holes than annabel chong, the amount of panic at times was embarrassing, im also wondering if they actually run any passing and movement drills in traininglets get this straight, fulham werent good today, norwich were just much worse than a team that taarabt can get a starting spot in. Its the same old tripe over and over time for a change

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-------------"City 2nd"------------

Ricardo if you believe we have been poor just against Fulham in one game which you but down to a bogey team, you are more deluded than I thought.

---------------------------------------

For the vast majority of these few games, Fulham have been the superior side in the league and monetarily. Historically I think it is 11 wins to us, 18 to them.[/quote]

I don''t know why you feel the need to argue this point. The Fulham run I think is now 13 games. I can''t think of any team, however good they are, that we haven''t beaten for 13 games.

Redmond put in a couple of lovely crosses today from both the left and right.

He''s only a young boy and consistency is a long way off. Will having Bennett back help? I''d say no. Pilkington? Possibly.

A new winger? Hopefully.

-------------nutty nigel------------------

I thought they switched wings a fair bit in the last couple of games.

---------------------------------------------

Redmond had 10 minutes just before halftime on the right against Sunderland where he looked very dangerous. That was it. Again Redmond was switched second half 10 minutes before Wes came on, to little effect this time. Then Wes arrived and was put on the right (ish). Why???

I don''t get this downer about Snoddy on here. 

Excellent player, but with one huge weakness. The speed of his play. He is slow, and he plays slowly. He must be a nightmare for the strikeforce trying to make any runs.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-------------nutty nigel------------------

I thought they switched wings a fair bit in the last couple of games.

Redmond had 10 minutes just before halftime on the right against Sunderland where he looked very dangerous. That was it. Again Redmond was switched second half 10 minutes before Wes came on, to little effect this time. Then Wes arrived and was put on the right (ish). Why???

I don''t get this downer about Snoddy on here. 

Excellent player, but with one huge weakness. The speed of his play. He is slow, and he plays slowly. He must be a nightmare for the strikeforce trying to make any runs.[/quote]

We would not be solid enough if we had a Redmond on both sides. 

I agree Nigel. He''s 19 and he is probably going to play a lot more games than expected.

All the pace he has is wasted by cutting into a crowded middle of the pitch.

Sorry Nigel but Snoddy was not better than Redmond today. However the fact that both were pretty poor is also not lost on me!

Snoddy spent most of the first half complaining to the ref and not putting in a shift whilst Redmonds decision making was awful at times.

The best I saw Redmond do was when he finally took his fullback on the outside before crossing! 2 very dangerous balls but unfortunately no one gambled and got on the end of them.

Either way a pretty poor showing. Oh well!

Snake

If we had a Redmond on both sides we would only be able to play one of our three strikers.

You have to give Fulham the credit for forcing Redmond to run where they wanted him to go. It''s not the lad''s fault but one of the things Fulham have in abundance is experience.

Barry I believe he is being coached to do this!

For any winger it is more natural to go on the outside!

I can''t believe he is cutting in so much just because he wants to?

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Barry I believe he is being coached to do this!

For any winger it is more natural to go on the outside!

I can''t believe he is cutting in so much just because he wants to?[/quote]he cuts inside because hes right footed and being played on the left, he clearly has a poor left foot

-----------------nutty nigel--------------

We would not be solid enough if we had a Redmond on both sides. 

I agree Snod is a more solid player. I just highlighted my thoughts on why we looked so dangerous against WBA and Swansea and yet so impotent against Sunderland and today. And the fact I think taking a player who was on match-winning form and moving him to a different area of the pitch is a bit dumb..

A truly awful game this afternoon, Fer was totally lost in midfield a yard off atleast, must of had a bloody good Christmas party with his Dutch mates......

Fulham were physically must stronger and faster than us in most parts of pitch. Ruddy had a mare, and whats all this passing the ball out infront of the D, Olsson, Ruddy, Bassong all did it and all got caught by the on coming Fulham powerhouses, terrible basic mistakes which just shows how inept the coaching staff are in demanding that kind of zone approach. When Rvw came on he spent half the time coming over to near were i sit to ask dollope what he is supposed to do and where he should position himself, seemed totally unprepared. Johnson was probably one of the only bright spots as he really got stuck in and tried to break up play, little Wes improved things bit when he came on, atleast some good inventive distribution started. Thy deserved a sound booing at the end of a very poor game. Mr Hughton and your clowns you have still not won me over.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"] When Rvw came on he spent half the time coming over to near were i sit to ask dollope what he is supposed to do and where he should position himself, seemed totally unprepared..[/quote]he should have asked gingerpele he seems to know

Thought Turner was pretty faultless today Ricardo, surprised he doesn''t get a mention in your potential MOTM, in what I agree was a very sub-par team performance.

Agree. First half especially Turner made some massive tackles and blocks, was reading everything. Though unfortunately he did play his part in that awful wall for the freekick we let in.

But I''d have still had MOTM between him and Johnson. Decent shift from Elmander too.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Ricardo wrote:

You still haven''t explained why we are so poor and can never get a result against Fulham. The fact that we haven''t played well is indisputable but doesn''t explain continual failure against this team over a span of 30 years.

Ricardo if you believe we have been poor just against Fulham in one game which you but down to a bogey team, you are more deluded than I thought.
Look through ALL the results for 2013, and my explanation for being so poor is we have been CONSISTENTLY poor under the guidance of Mr Hughton and his coaching team. He picks the team, coaches, and selects the game plan to go with his picked team. Result - consistent poor results against many of the premiership sides and they are not all bogey teams! Sorry but your argument is a joke IMO.[/quote]However, over the last 30 years we have beaten the top teams (Man U, Liverpool, Man C, Arsenal etc etc) on many occasions both at home and away yet we have never beaten a very middling side like Fulham and still cannot beat them when they are bottom of the league. Explain how any of this has anything at all to do with your obsession with Chris Hughton and our form this season. My analysis may defy all logic but at least it fits the facts, while yours is simply a tirade against the manager.

[quote user="Monty13"]Thought Turner was pretty faultless today Ricardo, surprised he doesn''t get a mention in your potential MOTM, in what I agree was a very sub-par team performance.[/quote]Yes, he was fairly o.k. but such a poor team performance hardly merits a City MOTM.I was disappointed last night and a good nights sleep has done little to dispell the feeling that this torture is going to endure right through until May. It should be possible to make relegation predictions with a fair degree of certainty after the Xmas games but this weeks set of results have only muddied the waters further. We are going to need at least a point at Palace IMO.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City 2nd"]Ricardo wrote: You still haven''t explained why we are so poor and can never get a result against Fulham. The fact that we haven''t played well is indisputable but doesn''t explain continual failure against this team over a span of 30 years. Ricardo if you believe we have been poor just against Fulham in one game which you but down to a bogey team, you are more deluded than I thought. Look through ALL the results for 2013, and my explanation for being so poor is we have been CONSISTENTLY poor under the guidance of Mr Hughton and his coaching team. He picks the team, coaches, and selects the game plan to go with his picked team. Result - consistent poor results against many of the premiership sides and they are not all bogey teams! Sorry but your argument is a joke IMO.[/quote]

However, over the last 30 years we have beaten the top teams (Man U, Liverpool, Man C, Arsenal etc etc) on many occasions both at home and away yet we have never beaten a very middling side like Fulham and still cannot beat them when they are bottom of the league. Explain how any of this has anything at all to do with your obsession with Chris Hughton and our form this season. My analysis may defy all logic but at least it fits the facts, while yours is simply a tirade against the manager.
[/quote]

You were just the same during the ''worthy out'' campaign ricardo, you backed the wrong horse then and you have done again.

Never mind, we might beat Fulham in the cup....

....But if we don''t.....Personally, it''s snot crust down to Fulham being our bogey team....But who really nose what the reason is?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City 2nd"]Ricardo wrote: You still haven''t explained why we are so poor and can never get a result against Fulham. The fact that we haven''t played well is indisputable but doesn''t explain continual failure against this team over a span of 30 years. Ricardo if you believe we have been poor just against Fulham in one game which you but down to a bogey team, you are more deluded than I thought. Look through ALL the results for 2013, and my explanation for being so poor is we have been CONSISTENTLY poor under the guidance of Mr Hughton and his coaching team. He picks the team, coaches, and selects the game plan to go with his picked team. Result - consistent poor results against many of the premiership sides and they are not all bogey teams! Sorry but your argument is a joke IMO.[/quote]However, over the last 30 years we have beaten the top teams (Man U, Liverpool, Man C, Arsenal etc etc) on many occasions both at home and away yet we have never beaten a very middling side like Fulham and still cannot beat them when they are bottom of the league. Explain how any of this has anything at all to do with your obsession with Chris Hughton and our form this season. My analysis may defy all logic but at least it fits the facts, while yours is simply a tirade against the manager.[/quote]

You were just the same during the ''worthy out'' campaign ricardo, you backed the wrong horse then and you have done again.

[/quote]No mate, I never campaign to get rid of the manager because I know I have no power to change things myself. He will go when his time is up just as all the other managers over the years have gone. All your raspberry blowing from Lowestoft won''t have the slightest effect on that. Every City manager has eventually run out of road and I''ve seen every one of them from Norman Low right through to Chris Hughton.At this moment in time my judgement is that CH has not yet run out of road. I don''t doubt that others see it differently but I was right months ago when I said he would still be here in the New Year. I took a lot of stick for that but events proved me right and now I''m fairly sure that he will still be here in May.Anyone want a bet?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City 2nd"]Ricardo wrote: You still haven''t explained why we are so poor and can never get a result against Fulham. The fact that we haven''t played well is indisputable but doesn''t explain continual failure against this team over a span of 30 years. Ricardo if you believe we have been poor just against Fulham in one game which you but down to a bogey team, you are more deluded than I thought. Look through ALL the results for 2013, and my explanation for being so poor is we have been CONSISTENTLY poor under the guidance of Mr Hughton and his coaching team. He picks the team, coaches, and selects the game plan to go with his picked team. Result - consistent poor results against many of the premiership sides and they are not all bogey teams! Sorry but your argument is a joke IMO.[/quote]

However, over the last 30 years we have beaten the top teams (Man U, Liverpool, Man C, Arsenal etc etc) on many occasions both at home and away yet we have never beaten a very middling side like Fulham and still cannot beat them when they are bottom of the league. Explain how any of this has anything at all to do with your obsession with Chris Hughton and our form this season. My analysis may defy all logic but at least it fits the facts, while yours is simply a tirade against the manager.
[/quote]

If that is the case then by your logic Fulham can play thier entire youth team and rest their squad because fate guaratees them the win against Norwich!

It was an utter non event, we didn''t bother to play against a Fulham team low on confidence, short of first team players and there for the taking, all you are using Ricardo is an excuse for why we were played off the park by them in the second half!

I hate this type of reasoning and I also think Hughton needs to be more honest in his post match with our players, it''s not good to keep hearing that we were unlucky when clearly we were not or outclassed by a class team when other teams like Cardiff, Hull & Palace can put in a shift against all the big boys!

What''s your report going to say if we get tonked by a depleated Man U side?

Sometimes it''s good to just say our players were unmotivated, didn''t want to be on the pitch and only turned up to pick up their match fee! That''s what I saw yesterday.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No mate, I never campaign to get rid of the manager because I know I have no power to change things myself. He will go when his time is up just as all the other managers over the years have gone. All your raspberry blowing from Lowestoft won''t have the slightest effect on that. Every City manager has eventually run out of road and I''ve seen every one of them from Norman Low right through to Chris Hughton.

At this moment in time my judgement is that CH has not yet run out of road. I don''t doubt that others see it differently but I was right months ago when I said he would still be here in the New Year. I took a lot of stick for that but events proved me right and now I''m fairly sure that he will still be here in May.

Anyone want a bet?
[/quote]

Sadly no, you are probably right ricardo.

And respect for your years as a fan. [Y]

Unless my source is wrong we did the double over Fulham in the 1985/86 season, so it''s not true that we''ve not beaten Fulham in 30 years. Since our next meeting 13 and a half years later (in 1999) we''ve only met in the league 10 times (6 of those in the top division). We''ve met them 4 times since our present run in the Premiership achieving 2 home draws and 2 away losses.The 6 matches between 1968 and 1975 when the two teams met in the old Division Two was a much better period with 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. Adding in the 2 ''missing'' wins from 85/86 and you get a record of 16 points from a possible 24.With the first part of the above not including yesterday''s match, the ''hoodoo'' seems to be based on an arbitrarily selected period beginning in 1999 which saw 3 draws and 7 losses out of 10. Five of those losses came about when we were in a comparatively worse financial state and under poor/average managers such as Rioch, Hamilton and Worthington.Rather than hoodoo being an expanation, I''d suggest the relatively weak record against Fulham over the latter part of the 30 year period corresponds to Al-Fayed taking control and provided them with a significant financial boost. For most of Al-Fayed''s reign we weren''t in very good financial shape ourselves (as has been discussed many times on here previously).Rather than preparing to resort to ouija boards and tarot cards, maybe we could view ourselves as being plain unlucky, at least since the financial gap has perhaps only narrowed in the last couple of years?

To be fait it''s not Ricardo''s fault we have a poor record against Fulham. He, like me, can offer no explaination as to why it is, so like me he says they are a bogey team. The best way to to attack Rickyyyys bogey team explaination is to prove it''s wrong. The ball''s in your court fellas...

[quote user="ricardo"] Just ask yourself why it always happens against Fulham and give me a convincing reason why we have never beaten them in 30 years.[/quote]

or why we have not won on boxing day since 1987...

We did play poorly without a doubt,  and tactically the fans clamour for 442 was swamped by a five man midfield,  but there are other patterns too.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="ricardo"] Just ask yourself why it always happens against Fulham and give me a convincing reason why we have never beaten them in 30 years.[/quote]

We did play poorly without a doubt,  and tactically the fans clamour for 442 was swamped by a five man midfield,  but there are other patterns too.

[/quote]Nobody has said we didn''t play poorly all I am saying is that those of us with a long memory of all things Fulham could see it coming from a long way off. Maybe it''s just coincidence that we always play them at the wrong time. I don''t know, all I do know is that looking at the history nobody should have been surprised by the scoreline. I certainly wasn''t. I''m not claiming that I believe in any of that esoteric nonsense just that the facts speak for themselves with no logic rhyme nor reason. A similar hoodoo exist with Sheff Wed, we have lost the last 8 straight games to them and if we ever draw them in a cup match I fully expect to lose again.Hoodoo''s and bogey teams exist until they don''t. The Fulham hoodoo continues to exist.

IT was a very passionless game, in my opinion.

Bar maybe Turner, Johnson and Elmander I didn''t think any of our lot really looked `up for it`.

We had some brief moments of okay football. Rest was very poor and second half was mind-numbingly dull.

Hughton tried keeping the same system just with a couple of offensive substitions. Unfortunately they made little if any difference. Missed Elmander when he went off imo.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Nobody has said we didn''t play poorly all I am saying is that those of us with a long memory of all things Fulham could see it coming from a long way off. Maybe it''s just coincidence that we always play them at the wrong time. I don''t know, all I do know is that looking at the history nobody should have been surprised by the scoreline. I certainly wasn''t. I''m not claiming that I believe in any of that esoteric nonsense just that the facts speak for themselves with no logic rhyme nor reason. A similar hoodoo exist with Sheff Wed, we have lost the last 8 straight games to them and if we ever draw them in a cup match I fully expect to lose again.

Hoodoo''s and bogey teams exist until they don''t. The Fulham hoodoo continues to exist.
[/quote]

Ricardo,  My apologies for being unclear - I was meant to have a thumbs up for your point;   the 04 6-0 drubbing is a case in point,   we went into that game full of confidence yet turned up deflated and defeated,  and it was the same yesterday.     The clubs personnel is so vastly different its not mental,  and the fans dont influence that much,   but when two patterns combine a result and performance like yesterdays should almost be expected.    its a chicken and egg thing,  did we perform badly because of the hoodoo or not.   There is no sure answer. 

My pre match tweet was a wish for history to be changed to remove the bogey effect.   No such joy.