Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

One Paul Lambert...............

Sounds like Lambert is pretty unpopular with the Villa faithful. And after they sang his name whilst he was still our manager...

If he had never left, and we were now playing with essentially Villa''s current squad and their current league position - would he still be pur messiah? Would that be good enough for us, and would we still love him - or would we be grumbling and would he have lost his holy cow status?

I do love when people make it sound that having a young squad is a good excuse for what''s going on with Lambert and Villa.

someone chose the players. someone decided to go with youth over experience.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 9:58 PM:

I love it when a "new" poster comes straight in telling folk what they should or shouldn''t be posting about...

Is it an exclusive board Nigel?

Again I''ll answer....

No it''s not an exclusive board. But that doesn''t give any poster licence to dictate it''s content.

Now how about redressing the balance and answering questions for a change?

Don''t you think we should focus on Norwich then Nigel! I''m sure that''s why the board is here! a new poster turns up and the first thing you do is have apop at him! what''s wrong with you Buddy? Don''t feel compelled to answer !

Not disrespecting the Villa manager,gratefull for what he did when Norwich manager,but listening and reading comments by Villa fans I don''t think it''s working out quite like they were hopeing for !! The Villa were Dire comments came from Stoke fans NOT Norwich !!

Sorry there, my post count isn''t quite as big as yours and I shall now to your superiority.

Why shouldn''t we discuss Norwich city? I thought this was the Norwich section?

What an idiot

stoke canary wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 10:21 PM:

Not disrespecting the Villa manager,gratefull for what he did when Norwich manager,but listening and reading comments by Villa fans I don''t think it''s working out quite like they were hopeing for !! The Villa were Dire comments came from Stoke fans NOT Norwich !!

Really am fed up to the back teeth with Lambert threads Stoke, there are still a few on ''ere that want to keep them going for their own sinister reasons,but to be honest it''s just pathetic. #moveon!

John from the Tomorrow People wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 10:22 PM:

Pete can we move this the the Paul Lambert & Aston Villa section?

Ta muchly.

Can you add the "Hoots regains the lead " thread as well Pete.

Thanks.

Waveney babbled: "Yet another thread disrespecting the Messiah. Unbelievable"

The same manage who disrespected NCFC by turning his back and walking out? Claiming McNally hadn''t spoken to him for over year - communication is a two way thing but generally believe that was utter tosh from him.

Either get over him or blinking well sod off and wear claret and blue, as you clearly don''t wear yellow.

Warren Hill wrote the following post at 21/12/2013 11:30 PM:

Barry the boy wrote:
Maybe Nigel could have his own section?

Maybe Nigel should be sectioned?

😳

[quote user="Barry the boy"]Maybe Nigel could have his own section?[/quote]

11 posts now and how many to take part in discussions. maybe hypocrite was right..

Christ, you lot at it again? The same s**t in every thread, over and over again. ''Quit derailing the discussion!'' .. ''No, YOU quit derailing the discussion!''. ''No, YOU!''. ''No, YOU!'' Ad infinitum.

The fact is, Lambert''s gone, and he''s never coming back. He thought he was making a step up in his career at a ''colossal'' club and it''s evidently not working out, for whatever reason. He was suited to Norwich and everything seemed to fit for him, but that doesn''t seem to be the case at Villa. He''s a good manager, but his weaknesses seem to be far more evident now than they ever were at Norwich.

Good luck to the fella, but perhaps his future isn''t quite as rosie as it once seemed.

If my wife left me and the kids, and two years later I saw her lugging a suitcase away from the slightly more expensive house she''d moved to while her now ex-partner is shouting at her to "f*cking well stay out!", I''d be starting threads about it.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2013-12-22 2:03 AM:

No it''s not an exclusive board. But that doesn''t give any poster licence to dictate it''s content.

Really!

Pitchforks & Torches wrote the following post

The same manage who disrespected NCFC by turning his back and walking out? Claiming McNally hadn''t spoken to him for over year - communication is a two way thing but generally believe that was utter tosh from him.

I think you will find it was Mr Bowkett the chairman who me Lambert did not have a conversational relationship with, not the CEO!

How sad that one of the best managers in our history who achieved in taking a team to back to back promotions can be decried on here.

I take it all on here who work, and were offered a better paid position by others, with better prospects, would stay by loyalty with what they''ve got? Yeah, right!

Don''t worry about Lambert he''ll ''go again'' and in January get some other unknowns in to ''give the lads a hand''. Left for the wrong club and no surprise that its not working.