Sign in to follow this  
Archie

An optimistic view

I was thinking that if/when we go up, our results are obviuosly going to get worse. but we should be optimistic because our home form is so good - 12 wins from 15 i think it is and that is pretty amazing. if west brom go up, they will go from decent div1 home form and decent div1 away form to poor prem home and away form. if we go up we will go from amazing div1 home form and poor div1 away form to decent prem home form and dreadful prem away form. as a result, we should have a much better chance of staying up as i feel we would be favourites when playing at home to decent teams like fulham, charlton, bolton etc etc

I would''t say that we have got a bad away form in division 1. Only West Ham have lost fewer games away from home. Equally if you take Bradford away in the opening game and alike when we had chances to win it and eventually threw it away, our away form has improved massively from our form of last year. Equally because when we go away teams dont pack the midfield as much as they do when they are at Carrow Road, we have more opportunity to play, and touch wood win just as many games as we do at home.

I think in the run in that our fortunes away from home will improve, simply because teams at the bottom will have to be on the attack as they need points and this should give us more space and we have players to do the damage. Teams near us will also know they have to try and beat us as draws will be no good. Our home form is key, I think the 1-0 grinding out win against Sheff Utd will be the norm for the rest of the season, every team now coming to Carrow Road is defensive minded...points at home are going to be tougher to earn for the run in. I think away we have not been that bad and we have done ourselves up a few times, I think we have only lost to Sheff Utd, West Brom and Notts Forest away and have not been beaten against Wigan, West Ham or Preston. Chuck in wins against the scum, Walsall, Derby and the Gills (tough games) and I think we are doing alright away from the Road

I would also say that we haven''t got a bad away form. We''ve only lost 3 away games in the league all season and the last one was against West Brom on Oct 18th! And the other 2 were Sheff Utd which was no suprise and Forest when they were good coz they had David Johnson playing. Also we''ve drawn against Wigan, Milwall, Preston and West Ham away from home with a win against Ipswich away on top. Not bad for a team with a bad div 1 away record is it?! Saying that last year would have been a different story! But in the prem i think we will struggle away from home so we will rely heavily on our home record for keeping us up.