Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Here is a serious question

I''d have him back. But his transfer policy would have to change. He''s proven at Villa that the whole unproven young/hungry thing was his idea and it only gets you so far, he''s a great manager and he''s only ever had poor, inexperienced squads to work with at this level. It''s his own fault, presumably he signs the players but I think he''d get a lot out of this team.

He''d never come back and we''d certainly never ask him though so it''s irrelevant

And here is a serious answer - NO - he came, he did a job, and left when he didn''t have too, it was his choice. If he has now been found out at this level, so be it, he would be no more better than the current incumbent IMO.

Would I take back the greatest manager this club has ever had? Hmm let me think about that.

If you take a look at the Villa forums you will see complaints about a manager with no tactical awareness that play boring long ball football. Sound familiar? So on the basis that he is failing at Villa, No.

Lets weigh it up , City under Lambert compared to City under Hughton , anybody saying no is probably not all there or bitter because he left .

"Lets weigh it up , City under Lambert compared to City under Hughton , anybody saying no is probably not all there or bitter because he left ."

That`s a fairly broad assertion CanaryOne. No room for any reason somewhere in between those two poles?

"CanaryOne"Lets weigh it up , City under Lambert compared to City under Hughton , anybody saying no is probably not all there or bitter because he left .

Or prefer not living in the past.

He done his job here. He moved on. Time some of you do to. If or when Hughton leaves it would be better to go on a different route rather than hankering over previous glories.

For the record though, I wouldn`t be overly enthusiastic if he returned. But as pointed out earlier, is very unlikely.

YES

He made our team over perform. Hughton makes the team under perform. We seemed the perfect fit until his greed took over once again. Forgive and forget, just make the new contract more water tight.

No - Lambert done fantastic here. But i think most posters are blinkered by his success here and i would bet my house that it would be completely different this time. His young and hungry method is not working at Villa.

Say what you will about Hughton but honestly i don''t think we would have players like Redmond, Bassong, Hooper, Fer, RvW if Lambert was still in charge. Plus we''d prob still have the boring german training camp pre season and friendlies in Austria.

If Mike Walker taught us anything it was never go back. Thanks for rescuing our club Paul but you moved on, and deep down the manner in which you left don''t deserve a 2nd crack here.

No!

While Lambert was great for us, he got out when he realised he''d taken us as far as he ever was going to!

Plus I''ve always said it and still maintain that we''d of very probably finished lower in the table last season under Lambert than what we did with Hughton, look where Villa finished!

Ignore all this rubbish about Villa being in a transition period last season, they''ve been in the top flight every season since 1988, get bigger crowds than us, have a richer owner and have more resouces than us!

Lambert was great for us but many fans look at him with rose tinted glasses. It rarely works out a 2nd time, look at Mike Walker and Kenny Dalglish to see that, and also I suspect Mouriniho in the next couple of seasons!

YES

He made our team over perform. Hughton generally makes the team under perform. We seemed the perfect fit until his greed took over once again. Forgive and forget, just make the new contract more water tight.

A few more games for me, and if things don''t improve, then I will be stepping over the fence to join the ''Hughton Outers''. So disappointed with yesterday, they should have been really up for it. Margins are so close, if Fer''s header had gone in we could all be joyous about being 10-11th in the table.