Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

i'm just bored

IF, I agree the first half was dull for anyone but the second half was electric.

Ricardo, it''s your opinion vs mine. I''ve seen some very exciting action packed games with lower half teams and likewise some utterly boring ones with top teams. Our games have been boring almost every time. The others rise above and provide excitement much more often. WBA vs Villa, anyone?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Chops, I''ve seen some very exciting games involving Villa, crystal Palace, west Brom, Soton, Wham and others this season.

How many of our games would a fan of a team not involved in the game call his friends and say, Wow, did you see that Norwich game?

The win over Wham and .........[/quote]I watched Palace v W Ham a few weeks back and it was the most dire pile of dross I''ve seen in years. I often watch other games on Sky and on streams and can''t honestly say any of those between the lower half teams are any better than what we see at CR. It''s the same everywhere in the lower half of the Premier, nothing to play for except survival and every team more concerned with not losing than winning.If you can''t learn to love the struggle then perhaps the Championship is the place to be but then we would soon be skint again and lurch from crisis to crisis.[/quote]i watched that game as well and whilst the quality wasn''t great the atmosphere was electric and the place was bouncing, Tony Pulis has galvanised that team and at least they look like they know what they are doing and there is some sort of game plan... and all of the crowd are up for it, I wish carrow road could be like that again... you don''t need quality  for excitement and we have neither [:(]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Chops, I''ve seen some very exciting games involving Villa, crystal Palace, west Brom, Soton, Wham and others this season.

How many of our games would a fan of a team not involved in the game call his friends and say, Wow, did you see that Norwich game?

The win over Wham and .........[/quote]Your mileage may vary. I''ve seen nothing from Villa or Palace to get me even remotely excited, never mind call up my friends and say "wow".

[quote user="Houston Canary"]IF, I agree the first half was dull for anyone but the second half was electric.

Ricardo, it''s your opinion vs mine. I''ve seen some very exciting action packed games with lower half teams and likewise some utterly boring ones with top teams. Our games have been boring almost every time. The others rise above and provide excitement much more often. WBA vs Villa, anyone?[/quote]Yes that was exciting but it was a derby game so you would expect more than the usual amount of passion.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Chops, I''ve seen some very exciting games involving Villa, crystal Palace, west Brom, Soton, Wham and others this season.

The win over Wham and .........[/quote]I watched Palace v W Ham a few weeks back and it was the most dire pile of dross I''ve seen in years. I often watch other games on Sky and on streams and can''t honestly say any of those between the lower half teams are any better than what we see at CR. It''s the same everywhere in the lower half of the Premier, nothing to play for except survival and every team more concerned with not losing than winning.If you can''t learn to love the struggle then perhaps the Championship is the place to be but then we would soon be skint again and lurch from crisis to crisis.[/quote]i watched that game as well and whilst the quality wasn''t great the atmosphere was electric and the place was bouncing, Tony Pulis has galvanised that team and at least they look like they know what they are doing and there is some sort of game plan... and all of the crowd are up for it, I wish carrow road could be like that again... you don''t need quality  for excitement and we have neither [:(] [/quote]Hang on, we were talking about exciting football... now here we are agreeing that Palace v West Ham was gash in terms of quality, but "the atmosphere was electric..." - that''s the fans, not the footballers.  Of course they will be the twelfth man, their team were bottom and they are trying to do the equivalent of Luke Skywalker using the force to lift his X-Wing out of the Dagobah swamp.  It doesn''t disguise the fact the football was crap.As I said earlier,Hughton''s team loses = "it''s a results business."Hughton''s team wins = "it''s an entertainment business."

Off the top of my limited head, Chops, the Villa - WBA game was thrilling. I can''t recall who it was against but a home game for Palace early on was also electric. I''ve only seen non-Norwich teams a time or 2 each, maybe 3, but plenty of them have been interesting and entertaining competitive matches.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Off the top of my limited head, Chops, the Villa - WBA game was thrilling. I can''t recall who it was against but a home game for Palace early on was also electric. I''ve only seen non-Norwich teams a time or 2 each, maybe 3, but plenty of them have been interesting and entertaining competitive matches.[/quote]I always find them interesting because the results will have an impact on our own position but to say that the quality of football on show is in any way superior to what we''ve seen at CR this season is stretching it more than a bit.

[quote user="im spartacus"]hang on chops i thought we were originaly  talking about the whole matchday experience being mind numbingly boring ? if it wasn''t for smart phones there would be suicides  [:D][/quote]Is Hughton now to blame for the entire matchday experience?

The quality isn''t necessarily what makes the game entertaining, ricardo. It''s the amount of action and pace. Both teams going for it with abandon.

When that''s happening the crowd reacts and it''s entertaining. To me.

To each his own.