Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Was Hughton warching the same game as me?

"We didn''t make the most of our opportunities.

I am really disappointed not to come away with a result.

"It is a concern when you do not get the result you feel you deserved.

From where I was sat, Fulham were clearly the better team & we didn''t deserve a result of any sort, not even a draw and presumably that''s what Hughton is eluding too.

We were sloppy, lazy and always second to the ball. We let an ageing midfield of Sidwell & Parker run all over us and we frequently played kamkaze stuff at the back. 

So much for all those that said we would be fine once we had an an "easier" run of games.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

From where I was sat, Fulham were clearly the better team & we didn''t deserve a result of any sort, not even a draw and presumably that''s what Hughton is eluding too.

We were sloppy, lazy and always second to the ball. We let an ageing midfield of Sidwell & Parker run all over us and we frequently played kamkaze stuff at the back. 

So much for all those that said we would be fine once we had an an "easier" run of games.

[/quote]Whilst I can''t disagree with much of what you say, what do you expect Hughton to say?What do you expect him to say to a team he has to build up for a big game in a few days?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]Whilst I can''t disagree with much of what you say, what do you expect Hughton to say?What do you expect him to say to a team he has to build up for a big game in a few days?[/quote]
Maybe he could apologise for such a poor show of commitment and play from his side? Admit once again that we were lacklustre? Promise to have the players fired up and hungry for the next available 3 points?
You know just generally a leader mentality, bit of fire in the belly stuff. Not his usual carry on.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]Whilst I can''t disagree with much of what you say, what do you expect Hughton to say?What do you expect him to say to a team he has to build up for a big game in a few days?[/quote]
Maybe he could apologise for such a poor show of commitment and play from his side? Admit once again that we were lacklustre? Promise to have the players fired up and hungry for the next available 3 points?
You know just generally a leader mentality, bit of fire in the belly stuff. Not his usual carry on.
[/quote]Heres the thing, unless you''re educationally substandard, its obvious we were lacklustre today, why would you need it confirming from the manager?See where I''m heading with this?

[quote user="morty"]Whilst I can''t disagree with much of what you say, what do you expect Hughton to say?[/quote]Sorry, but I''m obviously not up to it so I''m quitting[quote user="morty"]What do you expect him to say to a team he has to build up for a big game in a few days?[/quote]Good luck, hope things go better without me.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]Whilst I can''t disagree with much of what you say, what do you expect Hughton to say?[/quote]Sorry, but I''m obviously not up to it so I''m quitting[quote user="morty"]What do you expect him to say to a team he has to build up for a big game in a few days?[/quote]Good luck, hope things go better without me.[/quote]Ahhh[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]Heres the thing, unless you''re educationally substandard, its obvious we were lacklustre today, why would you need it confirming from the manager?See where I''m heading with this?[/quote]
No need to be like that buddy. My reply would be this;
Purely out of common decency, and to show the fans that although leading these poor performances one after the next, CH realises and wants us to know that he believes it wasn''t good enough. NOT, saying he felt we didn''t get what we deserved. Which indicates to myself as an "educated" person, he believes we performed well enough to get a point or 3 from that game.
So whilst to you and I it may have been painstakingly obvious it was lacklustre, to him through his post match comments, it clearly wasn''t now was it?

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Mortys trip to Africa has done him the world of good he has come back more deluded than ever[/quote]Bless. Maggots like you just thrive on us losing, don''t you?[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]Heres the thing, unless you''re educationally substandard, its obvious we were lacklustre today, why would you need it confirming from the manager?See where I''m heading with this?[/quote]

You mean Hughton is educational substandard? As he seemed to suggesting we did ok.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]

Purely out of common decency, and to show the fans that although leading these poor performances one after the next, CH realises and wants us to know that he believes it wasn''t good enough. NOT, saying he felt we didn''t get what we deserved. Which indicates to myself as an "educated" person, he believes we performed well enough to get a point or 3 from that game.
So whilst to you and I it may have been painstakingly obvious it was lacklustre, to him through his post match comments, it clearly wasn''t now was it?
[/quote]So you would have preferred :-"Yeah we were awful, I just don''t know where the next win is coming from, I bet we get spanked on Saturday"Do you get the concept that in sports performance at the highest level, you have to focus on positives, and that whatever anyone says, the last game is lost, nothing can change that, and that you should look forward, with optimism, to the next one?It was a lacklustre performance and nothing more / less. It wasn''t bad enough to warrant some kind of public tirade from the manager. I have no doubt that Hughton knows exactly what happened today, and the concept that people cling to that he is some kind of idiot just winging his way through this job, is laughable.

"We wuz sh*t today Chris...."

"The players are crap"

"Not my fault we lost.... they ate too many mince pies.... "

Clearly Hughton should have said this.... clearly....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]So you would have preferred :-"Yeah we were awful, I just don''t know where the next win is coming from, I bet we get spanked on Saturday"Do you get the concept that in sports performance at the highest level, you have to focus on positives, and that whatever anyone says, the last game is lost, nothing can change that, and that you should look forward, with optimism, to the next one?It was a lacklustre performance and nothing more / less. It wasn''t bad enough to warrant some kind of public tirade from the manager. I have no doubt that Hughton knows exactly what happened today, and the concept that people cling to that he is some kind of idiot just winging his way through this job, is laughable.[/quote]
Hahahaha and you dare call yourself educated! I said if you had read, that I wanted him to admit it was a dire performance and promise supporters better for the next game. Bit of fire in the belly is what I said if you look back and pay attention Morty!!
It takes a strong leader to admit faults and an even stronger to counter that with a bit of gumption and signal some positivity of intent for the next game. I even said he should be firing us up for the next available 3 points. Not sitting there thumb twiddling, saying "well errr, I just don''t really know what happened, thought we deserved something'' - Thats bollox!!
Please stop twisting things, I know you too would have fathered a bit of honesty from the man. How about this - "We really stepped off after the first 20 minutes today, and allowed Fulham a way back in where we didn''t make them even have to work for it. That game is gone now, and I can assure the supporters myself and the players will be geared up and prepared for Saturday and put in a performance that will wash away todays bitter disappointment."
Hows about that?

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]So you would have preferred :-"Yeah we were awful, I just don''t know where the next win is coming from, I bet we get spanked on Saturday"Do you get the concept that in sports performance at the highest level, you have to focus on positives, and that whatever anyone says, the last game is lost, nothing can change that, and that you should look forward, with optimism, to the next one?It was a lacklustre performance and nothing more / less. It wasn''t bad enough to warrant some kind of public tirade from the manager. I have no doubt that Hughton knows exactly what happened today, and the concept that people cling to that he is some kind of idiot just winging his way through this job, is laughable.[/quote]
Hahahaha and you dare call yourself educated! I said if you had read, that I wanted him to admit it was a dire performance and promise supporters better for the next game. Bit of fire in the belly is what I said if you look back and pay attention Morty!!
It takes a strong leader to admit faults and an even stronger to counter that with a bit of gumption and signal some positivity of intent for the next game. I even said he should be firing us up for the next available 3 points. Not sitting there thumb twiddling, saying "well errr, I just don''t really know what happened, thought we deserved something'' - Thats bollox!!
Please stop twisting things, I know you too would have fathered a bit of honesty from the man. How about this - "We really stepped off after the first 20 minutes today, and allowed Fulham a way back in where we didn''t make them even have to work for it. That game is gone now, and I can assure the supporters myself and the players will be geared up and prepared for Saturday and put in a performance that will wash away todays bitter disappointment."
Hows about that?
[/quote]Bless.Do you need a cuddle from Chris, is that it?The only people who would need what you say above are the ones too stupid to work it out for themselves.

You''re a bit of a sad case fella. How about he tries to maintain a little dignity, and show respect to the supporters?
You know my response is the kind of thing you should expect from a manager that has by his lack of silence, condoned such poor performances in the media.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Seattle, we see the public face of Hughton.... what he says in the dressing room will not be what he says in the paper[/quote]
I get that for 99% of the time. But its a whole year now of dross 9 times out of 10, and there is little in the way of an apology to have to sit and watch the crap he and his team dish up for us.

This was a huge game and we really didn''t look bothered. That is Hughton''s fault today,a win today would have seen us comfortable, instead we ambled out arrogantly assuming we''d win without showing any determination or passion. We''re still a small fish in this league and should still treat every game like a cup final! Some performances today like Fer''s were a disgrace. We''re back in the sh!t and it''s all our own fault

Seriously, why do people ''bite'' at Morty''s posts and replies?

Surely everybody knows his true colours on here.

[quote user="lharman7"]Seriously, why do people ''bite'' at Morty''s posts and replies?

Surely everybody knows his true colours on here.[/quote]
Because its fun. He ends up just insulting rather than answering the question in a reasoned debate. 

[quote user="lharman7"]Seriously, why do people ''bite'' at Morty''s posts and replies?

Surely everybody knows his true colours on here.[/quote]And what are those "true colours" exactly?I enjoy idiot baiting, and this is a target rich environment.[:)]

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I wasnt able to watch the game yesterday. Was it that bad?[/quote]It had a sense of inevitability about it. It was Boxing day, it was Fulham. Even when we scored first I almost knew how it was going to end.First half we were marginally better than them, second half most of our team barely turned up. On the balance of play Fulham deserved their win.

Well now yet another excuse for a defeat. Ignoring the previously used it was Man City, Saurez always scores a hatful against us, Spurs spent £100 million in the summer,the players need time to gel,just look at our injury list blah de blah de blah we now have......it was Boxing day and it was Fulham. [:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Well now yet another excuse for a defeat. Ignoring the previously used it was Man City, Saurez always scores a hatful against us, Spurs spent £100 million in the summer,the players need time to gel,just look at our injury list blah de blah de blah we now have......it was Boxing day and it was Fulham. [:''(][/quote]Its not an excuse, it was Boxing day and it was Fulham, those are facts.Another fact is that we didn''t play well enough on the day to win, that is the fact that matters.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote] Hughton will not inspire Norwich at all he should have said we were piss poor and I am going to ring some changes he has no go in him and that in my opinion reflects on the players, because at the moment we deserve all the thrashings we are getting, and until hes gone I see no improvement.!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Seattle, we see the public face of Hughton.... what he says in the dressing room will not be what he says in the paper[/quote]

While I''d agree with that Jas. the problem for me is I see the same attitude from the players on the pitch as I see from Hughton in his interviews a bit to often for comfort.