Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

If you could by a top CM but...

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Had to sell 3 players to fund it, who would you sell. For sake of argument you need to raise around 10m[/quote]

Well to raise 10 million I''d think we''d need to sell more than three unless we were to sell our best players. Excluding Fer, Redmond and Hooper I can''t think of another three who''d be worth 10 million. IMO there isn''t a player left who''d command more then 3 million at the minute, including RVW.

I think that''s slightly harsh Lincoln. Some players are out of form or injured but would still get 3 million or more I reckon. Ruddy, Bassong, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Howson, Bennett, Olsson, Tettey, Fer, Redmond, RVW, Hooper - I think you''d be quite upset if we didn''t get at least 3 million for each of those if we sold in January.

But I wouldn''t sell three of those to bring in one player. Becchio and those out on loan can go (Fox, Surman, Ayala I believe). Hoolahan - I still think he''d do more than a job in the prem for us but if he''s not getting played may as well go too. I don''t think I''d want to see anyone else going though.

If we do sell to raise money, we''ll make 2 million tops in my opinion.

Licoln: You simply must be a troll. You were one of the people who stated Pilkington isn''t worth £3million and now you are saying the same about RVW.

By stating stuff like that you just reduce the amount of respect anyone has for your opinion.

Why do you support Norwich again?

Lincoln is either a troll, living in some sort of bubble or jaut completley out of touch with reality, whilst trolling in his bubble...

Lincoln is just a glass half empty kind of guy. It''s a realists concern that he displays, far better to pick fault with absolutely everything and constantly predict gloom, that way any surprise will be a pleasant one..until you find the negative in the positive.

I think A.A. Milne based Eeyore on him.

" Had to sell 3 players to fund it, who would you sell "

I''d sell Snodgrass + Becchio + Whittaker

Depends quite a lot what is his main position in central midfield and how injury prone he is.

Anyway I doubt we can afford to sell many of those players that gives us +3 millions. Becchio would probably be near 2 million at best and our loanees probably under 1million with their current status.

If the player would be good playmaking CAM who has around 5 goals in him per season, I think we could sell either of Hoolahan and Howson, but not both. So for getting money I would sell Howson as with english citizenship and form before injury we could get 7 million out of him. Then Beccs for two millions and Surman for that last million.

For deeplying playmaker I think we would be even harder to gather money as we would have to sell Johnson or Tettey and they would be near 4 million''s at max, likely half of that.

Great enforcer probably wouldnt take our current problems away.

Then again Beccs for 2 and Snoddy for +5 millions.

So why Snoddy and Howson? In current squad both of them are good players, but both still have quite big holes in their game. Snoddy is a bit too greedy and slow. Howson doesnt give much creativity, but isn''t that good for defence either.

For deeplying playmaker it would be quite obvious we need speed for getting end result and Snoddy would in my books have to sit on the bench. Pilkington gives better end result and Redmond will develope far better player than him. Not to mention I think we could play quite pure 4-3-3 with regista where Hooper could take one of the spots in some games as false winger instead of playing too similar Redmond/Pilkington duo.

For advanced playmaker Howson again would be the player who would have to sit on the bench and Hoolahan wouldn''t give enough money. Fer is more complete player than him and we would need defensive player to balance the formation.

In reality at the end I probably wouldnt sell anyone else than Becc''s and loanees. Hoolahan has deserved to keep his salary even when sitting on the bench and I still see him as a good impact player if we are bold enough to use him in his best position.

We are already quite thin in every other position than a striker so if we dont get direct replacements we really cant afford to sell.