Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Central midfield is rubbish

Fer has played the most league games this season!

He hasn''t had a rest since the opening game.  He has looked tired for a while now, unfortunately we have no-one else to replace him with.

Tough Call!

Comparing Fer to Huddlestone is a tad harsh.

Huddleston is 26 and has made 170 odd appearances since 2005 when he moved to Spurs.

Fer is only 23 and has made 164 appearances since 2007.

As for too many ''enforcer'' players - in midfield the out and out defensive types are Tettey and Johnson.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="rowdyman"]Parker ran the show yesterday our midfield need far to long on the ball and give it away far too often, when they get in tight areas they look clueless, the worrying thing Fulham looked classier than us on occassions and they are in the bottom three. not enough of our guys were busting their guts to get in vital areas and the service to our frontmen was awful. i hate to think what Manure will do to us saturday we have to raise it by such a long way.[/quote]

At least Arsenal are top, eh?[;)]

[/quote]

they are at that bud well spotted sherlock and have a great midfield, good midfields usually wins games

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="rowdyman"]Parker ran the show yesterday our midfield need far to long on the ball and give it away far too often, when they get in tight areas they look clueless, the worrying thing Fulham looked classier than us on occassions and they are in the bottom three. not enough of our guys were busting their guts to get in vital areas and the service to our frontmen was awful. i hate to think what Manure will do to us saturday we have to raise it by such a long way.[/quote]

At least Arsenal are top, eh?[;)]

[/quote]

now you have that out the way how far was my assessment out on OUR midfield yesterday.

When you say "our" do you mean Norwich or Arsenal?

I thought Sidwell and Parker had too much nous for Johnson and a way below form Fer. Redmond looks shot and Snodgrass isn''t fit.

With next to no alternatives it''ll be more of the same tomorrow presumably, let''s hope Leroy elects to put a shift in after his rest yesterday.

Chicken, To be fair im not directly comparing huddlestone and fer, im simply suggesting that it is hard to bring in two players with chequered injury records, as much as fers was probably a fuss over nothing created by Everton.But on the enforcer comment, of the out and out central midfielders, Tettey, BJ and Fer are quite similar, Im well aware Leroy has a lot of technical ability, but there is good reason that he was called the bouncer in Holland. That isnt a criticism of him, many great players have fulfilled that role, but it does leave only Howson as a central midfielder who is primarily a creator in the centre of the park. I know you can argue Hoolahan aswell, but he is only really trusted to play behind the strikers in a No 10 role which the management dont seem to keen to run with.

" Chicken surely if your going to consider putting Snodgrass centrally you''d be better off with Wes? He was good in the main for his 15 min cameo today (should have scored though), Snodgrass was having a bad game and deservedly replaced, a bit late for me"

About 50 minutes too late IMO .. I''m not sure what''s up with him this season, but he looked as if he was ether totally shattered or totally disinterested after about 5 minutes yesterday… still the manager keeps picking him, so what do I know?