Sign in to follow this  
Canary On The Wire

Three Wise Men and a Cunning Plan

Irrespective of the various brigades, I have always been against mid-season sackings as while they can be masterstrokes they can equally be disastrous....I guess I am a bit non-committal and ''jam tomorrow'' on Hughton''s future.However, what I do know is this. Lately we have been on a decent run which Fulham have halted, but even as we did pick up two clean sheets on the road and a hard earned point v Swansea I still found myself asking the same old question.What the bloody hell is our plan?It seems like because we can''t create anything in the middle of the park due to Fer having to concentrate on defending too much in the absence of Tettey (therefore no decent through balls), we end up with Olsson or Whittaker hitting it to Elmander in the channels and attempting to pick up the second ball (that is when Redmond isn''t taking on the whole team and smashing it over the bar). As soon as Elmander went off yesterday I knew we were never getting anything from the game, we can''t work the ball into the box for Ricky and Hoops, and without the outlet of Johan we had no chance for real creativity....because we just don''t have a plan. Anyone want to tell me in terms of a strategic approach how Hughton is intending we score a goal other than ''lump it at Johan and hope for the best'' because I have genuinely no idea.With Worthy, Foley and Livermore I used to joke with those I sit with about ''three wise men and their cunning plan'' when things took a turn for the worse.... I have to say I feel the same about Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope.Shame, CH is a nice bloke.

Summed up exactly how I feel. There''s so much wrong with us at the moment yet somehow we''re clear of the relegation zone so nobody really has a right to moan. Some see how much we could improve and desperately want someone else in to push us into the top half, to get us playing to our potential, others are happy knowing under Hughton we''ve never really been in relegation trouble and don''t want to risk change. It''s an odd position to be in, i just wish Hughton could address of deficiency''s himself, but after a year and a half of absolute dreg football that''s somehow (honestly i have no idea how) kept us out of trouble I don''t think it will happen