Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Stares at Goats

Let it go ... Labert 2.0 won't work

First... hats off to the man for what he did with NCFC. We were lost and no we''re found. We were blind and now we see. I will buy him his drinks all night, every night, for the shift he put in and the position he left us. Never was there a more exciting time to support city than when Sir Lambert was at the helm.Do you remember Chris'' commentary .... after McNally threw to Lambert, Lambert throws to someone I can''t remember, who throws the ball in play and "CHHAAAANNCEEEE  IT"S GONE IN....IT''S GONE IN...."Can''t remember who the team was we beat, but I sat in my chair weeping with joy for at least 3 minutes.Anyway, for all of those who believe a return by the Messiah will bring tidings of good joy .... let it go. And here''s why:Lambert is a great manager, a fantastic manager, a manager that can bring the best out of an average, young player. The key word their being ''young''. He is a phenomenal manager when it comes to hanging the carrot out and motivating young players who have little experience at the highest level. However, he is not very good with coaching/managing/motivating players who are established, wise to the game and have strong egos.But his tenure here was one helluva ride.....

You''ve got the commentary mixed up I think. 
I believe the throw in game was Millwall when Lansbury scored in the last minute.
The commentary you''re on about is definitely from another game, the 3-2 at home to Derby in the Penultimate home game of the Championship promotion season. The commentary can be found in the link below.

[quote user="kick it off"]You''ve got the commentary mixed up I think. 
I believe the throw in game was Millwall when Lansbury scored in the last minute.
The commentary you''re on about is definitely from another game, the 3-2 at home to Derby in the Penultimate home game of the Championship promotion season. The commentary can be found in the link below.
[/quote]

Cheers! Just bookmarked the page. Truly a timeless moment.....

Why even start a thread on this? Probably not even 5% of fans want Lambert back. It''s a total non-issue. Even Villa fans are booing him off and when he gets sacked what other Premier League team would want him? He was the man of the moment but that moment has passed and only a handful of deluded souls think otherwise.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]That was vs reading at home, 3-2 i think, holty scored winner[/quote]
Yep, you''re right, that was the throw in game. It was 2-1,  not 3-2.
That goal (and commentary from Radio Norfolk) can be found in this compilation here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wxepaVlUSM - It''s the second goal in. 
Great compilation with some Radio Norfolk classics.

Whilst i very much doubt it will happen i do think Lambert and his ethos is a far better fit at Norwich than Villa. Memories are short and a few wins and Cavalier performances would put much of the bad blood behind us plus a simple sorry. That said i very much doubt it would happen. I would have more confidence going into the second half of the season if it did though

Villa have the 2nd worst goals scored average at home in the whole of England!! Only 0.66 goals a game. Only team worse is Yeovil on 0.64.

Whoever wants this idiot back is crazy!!