Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Not a good day all round, but whats up with the atmoshpere?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Those were the times I was referring too Indy, I''m only 21... I can''t remember a player since Hucks left who''s has a decent song made up for them that''s been sung at home. Heard a couple away from home. But nearly any player chant at Carrow Road since then has barley evolved past just singing their names. ''The Norfolk cafu'' that I heard today pretty much sims up the Snake pita creativity. And that was too a player warming up, great... Early 00''s was fine. Up basically as our attendances have been going up, atmosphere has been going down. There are a few exceptions of course. But generally it''s been getting worse for the last 4/5 seasons.[/quote]

Not goimg to get say too much, but why does''nt the South stand or River End come up with a decent original chant, yes the Snake Pit can be a bit tredious at times, but take that area away from Carrow Road, you would be left with a morgue!!!

That''ll be me then MP, I''m sorry.....

Guess I''m too long in the tooth to go to football now.... Been supporting NCFC since I first went in 1964.....too long,....I''ve grown tired.... time to give the youngsters a chance....

Maybe i should be given a lethal injection...

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Good Nigel. Now if some of the other 26,800 join in with your out of tune off beat caterwauling, the announcers won''t have reason to comment on how quiet the Norwich fans are.

But as you say, they don''t. That''s my point. Thanks for accidentally reinforcing it in your failed attempt to do otherwise.[/quote]

Soooooo despite appearing to disagree with me you actually agree that the atmosphere at CR wouldn''t be out of place in a library[:^)]

NYD you will experience a champs style atmosphere at Selhurst but if they manage to survive a couple of seasons to tread water in the bottom half they will lose that atmosphere too. Yet right now if you offered them our position in two years time they''d bite your hand off.

Wrong nn. The atmosphere here isn''t a result of fans no longer excited about being in the Prem. If it was, Stoke, Spurs, Newcastle, Villa and most of the other teams would be playing before deathly silent audiences.

It''s quiet because it''s boring, frustrating football.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I''ve been to all those grounds and the atmosphere is shite at all of them. Until they score a goal then they make some noise.[/quote]

^^^This.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Wrong nn. The atmosphere here isn''t a result of fans no longer excited about being in the Prem. If it was, Stoke, Spurs, Newcastle, Villa and most of the other teams would be playing before deathly silent audiences.

It''s quiet because it''s boring, frustrating football.[/quote]Well, a brief google of "football message board where is the atmosphere?" would suggest this is not an NCFC-specific issue.http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5613http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/224061/why-atmosphere-poor-days?page=2#scrollTo=4122297etc.etc.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Wrong nn. The atmosphere here isn''t a result of fans no longer excited about being in the Prem. If it was, Stoke, Spurs, Newcastle, Villa and most of the other teams would be playing before deathly silent audiences.

It''s quiet because it''s boring, frustrating football.[/quote]

It''s very nice of you to tell me I''m wrong Houston. But where do you get the information that makes what I say wrong? Is it these announcers?

I can tell you from the games I''ve been to that these other stadiums have no atmosphere whatsoever. That''s why our fans call them libraries. I can also tell you, because I was there, that the atmosphere in Carrow Road was ok the first season we were up. Just as it was in 04/05 even though it was a relegation season. I can also tell you, because I''ve seen it for myself, that other clubs lose that atmosphere once the novelty of playing in the premier is replaced with the realisation that it''s boring.

The problem is simple, so many fans are getting priced out and most people work saturdays now leaving us with just the retired, their very casual supporting relatives and kids mostly. You can''t expect a lot from that demographic

Dim bulbs, of course they are quiet when playing this Norwich side.

If they were as quiet as we were yesterday, why don''t the announcers point it out? Here''s why - because they aren''t. If you''re in the mix, you can''t give a reliable opinion of crowd noise.If yyou''re in the broadcast booth, you can.

Did either of you watch games from above? I stated this before to avoid having the likes of you 2 embarrass yourselves with such comments. I tried. I really did.

Nutty, we were playing exciting football the first year up.

Those announcers DON''T make the quiet crowd comments that often or that harshly as they did about Carrow Road yesterday.

You squawking about rolling blankets isn''t going to register on any crowd noise monitor.

As for articles about it being quiet everywhere, let''s compare teams today, not now and then.

Can someone provide a decent, sensible challenge to the argument?

[quote user="morty"]Metntal, utterly mental.[/quote]

As expected, you have no comeback except insults. Go drink another pint and visit a dentist and hair replacement joint.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="morty"]Metntal, utterly mental.[/quote]

As expected, you have no comeback except insults. Go drink another pint and visit a dentist and hair replacement joint.[/quote]Americans embracing irony.  I like it!

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="morty"]Metntal, utterly mental.[/quote]

As expected, you have no comeback except insults. Go drink another pint and visit a dentist and hair replacement joint.[/quote]When was the last time you visited the grounds we are discussing? When was the last time you visited Carrow road?Yet you arrogantly venture that your opinion is more valid, because you heard someone say it on the telly?It scares me that you actually claim to be a teacher.

Since the general consensus of opinion is that it''s all the fault of the over 60''s can I suggest that a concession season ticket is drawn out of a hat at half time and the owner dragged from the crowd and sacrificed on the centre circle. This should liven things up nicely for the second half and also allow for a gradual infusion of new blood into the fan base.

I have sat all around the stadium over the last ten seasons, and had season tickets in the Barclay through the 90''s and the South Stand as a youngster in the 80''s. I have a good perspective on the stadium from all angles over the years. It is very noticeable how the atmosphere has got worse in the Barclay, where historically all the noise comes from. I remember constant singing battles between the ''left side'' and the ''right side'' in the early 90''s, and with the away fans constantly. The C, D and E block sang all the way through the match, with loads of different songs.Now the singing fans seem to be either in the Snakepit, or the E block with some very quiet fans inbetween in the A and B blocks. There''s still creativity and plenty of good songs. It''s just most fans don''t join in so much and it''s been diluted where singing fans have been spread out.The manager has nothing to do with it, or the style of play. It''s happened slowly as quiet fans moved into the noisy sections.

I have been in exactly 0 broadcast booths so when I hear announcers say how terribly quiet the crowd is, I know they have a good vantage point and unbiased opinion.

While you''re swaying with alcohol infused delusion, in the midst of the crowd, the sober onlooker''s opinion seems more reliable.

But that''s just me. How many broadcast booths overlooking the field have you been in, and had you been drinking?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I have been in exactly 0 broadcast booths so when I hear announcers say how terribly quiet the crowd is, I know they have a good vantage point and unbiased opinion.

While you''re swaying with alcohol infused delusion, in the midst of the crowd, the sober onlooker''s opinion seems more reliable.

But that''s just me. How many broadcast booths overlooking the field have you been in, and had you been drinking?[/quote]Oh dear, you really are living up to my opinion of most Americans lol.

Houston Canary, are you actually a real person or a clever satirical stereotype?

I find the atmosphere good at times but poor at others which does largely reflect whats happening on the pitch!

But its wrong to say its always poor. In the recent win against West Ham the atmosphere was great, especially considerign we were poor for half the game!

Russ Abbott''s rendition of ''Atmosphere'' just before kick-off tomorrow will get us all singing and rocking in the aisles....

Then at half-time, sod the ageism and put an octogenarian in each of those big plasticky roundy wheely things....and watch them GO!

Pure entertainment!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Chops, it would be ironic if I started the insults. Why do British people think they have a monopoly on irony and then misuse it?[/quote]

The irony being your post of two halves:

"As expected, you have no comeback except insults."
Followed by"Go drink another pint and visit a dentist and hair replacement joint."i.e. having alleged someone could only come back with insults, you then came back with an insult.  Two insults, I guess.

I hope this helps you understand what irony means, and that it''s not a description used by metalworkers.