Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Not a good day all round, but whats up with the atmoshpere?

26,811 insids FCR and you could hear a pin drop! FCR not been rocking for 15 month''s!

Not suprised though, we never got going,even after scoring first we spluttered from one back pass to the next and then hoofed the ball like the best Stoke teams of old!

We were outclassed in throughout the second half by a team who were there to be beaten!

We were slow, we defended zone''s never picked up the runners and their second goal was shocking defending, we had 9 players + Ruddy inside the 18 yard box and Fulham had three players on the edge unmarked, how the heck can any team defend with 10 men inside the 18 yard box? This happened more than once but we were punished for it!

Additionally, we look slow to close players in any area of the pitch, we appear to give our opposition timee to control the ball turn and run at us at will!

I''m lost for words today! I have to question what the players are here for, because it''s not for pride, the fans or their honour not on todays performance, must be to pick up their over inflated wages!

I don''t blame Hughton for today, it lays at the feet of the unmotivated, lazy players today and I for one expect more effort and passion! maybe then the fans will start to create the atmosphere lacking from our great supporters, it''s not good and not right!

I''m not looking forward to Saturday as Manure have won 5 on the bounce!

I don''t think Hughton can have any complaints about the result not being fair nor can Ricardo''s report bleat on about BOGIE TEAMS the players are accountable for this poor performance and everyone of them should be ashamed for the poor performance and lack of effort!

I say this every game. I have had a season ticket for since 93/94 and the last five-ish years have been dire at home in the terms of atmosphere. For example there was a huge variety of songs sung going back a few years which now you only hear at away games - now at home there is approx 3. It''s down to the capacity crowd to get it going - it does make a difference to the players.

What is up with the atmosphere is that the fans know that they are going to witness dull, uninspiring football and that we have a clueless, negative management team. Going one up early on would previously have led to us tearing into the opposition whereas now it inevitably means us sitting deep and letting them back into the game. It''s tedious and sadly predictable.

Hughton is slowly but surely draining the enjoyment I have always got from attending Carrow Road and if its like that for me there must be thousands of others in the same boat.

So whats the issue then? Are the players not good enough for the prem? Is it the manager? Is it being in the premiership is boring? Is it we have new prawn brigade fans who don''t create an atmosphere? Is it we have nothing really to sing about?

I must admit to being frustrated and bored out my head today!

I''m not anti Hughton because in parts we can see just how good these players can be! but it''s only for three or four minutes a game or two! The rest of the time we look outclassed! Espescially today!

It''s dull and predictable but the biggest killer is that we have not played genuinely well for such a long time.

Playing well has nothing to do with it.

It has been like it for seasons, even under Lambert mort of the time. Haven''t had a proper decent original chant for seasons. The people who want to sign are spread out. Many others don''t even think about it, we seem to have a lot of older people who probably don''t even sing in church.

The lack of good football has nothing to do with why supporters can''t get some decent atmosphere going in opening minutes, or after a goal. Home fans, and not just Norwich, are very dull. Actually enjoyed a couple away days last season that ended in loses more than some home wins. Atmosphere is a huge part of actually attending a game.

Evening Nutty. Probably Man City away last season but aided and abetted by them not caring. Before that Man United at home.

I don''t think we have played well for an entire match this season. Stoke away probably the closest we''ve come.

All in all under Hughton I would say maybe half a dozen times.

Sorrry Ging, I disagree, even when we had 16,000 in the 2000''s we had some great songs, good atmosphere playing in the Championship!

I don''t think the fans have the same connections with this bunch of players, the players are not here for the football but for the money and it frustrates the hell out of me! I don''t have any connection and would not be too dissapointed to see anyone of them sold after todays perfromcance!

Where is our Ewan, Huckerby or Dion, where is our inspiration on the pitch because as soon as they scored that second goal not one player told tham to get their heads up and dig out a result, they all had their heads down! It''s not good and needs sorting!

I kind of agree with that but I don''t think we played any better the previous season either. It''s par for the course for us and the clubs around us. Perhaps the fans don''t like the Premier League?

Those were the times I was referring too Indy, I''m only 21...

I can''t remember a player since Hucks left who''s has a decent song made up for them that''s been sung at home. Heard a couple away from home. But nearly any player chant at Carrow Road since then has barley evolved past just singing their names. ''The Norfolk cafu'' that I heard today pretty much sims up the Snake pita creativity. And that was too a player warming up, great...

Early 00''s was fine. Up basically as our attendances have been going up, atmosphere has been going down. There are a few exceptions of course. But generally it''s been getting worse for the last 4/5 seasons.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]Goal music- or lack of it imo has contributed to lack of atmosphere somewhat.

Away games have always been a lot better for atmosphere I''ve found. [/quote]And when we go to most grounds we comment on how quiet the home fans are, so Norwich is hardly unusual.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]Goal music- or lack of it imo has contributed to lack of atmosphere somewhat.

Away games have always been a lot better for atmosphere I''ve found. [/quote]And when we go to most grounds we comment on how quiet the home fans are, so Norwich is hardly unusual.[/quote]

Yep.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="morty"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]Goal music- or lack of it imo has contributed to lack of atmosphere somewhat.

Away games have always been a lot better for atmosphere I''ve found. [/quote]And when we go to most grounds we comment on how quiet the home fans are, so Norwich is hardly unusual.[/quote]

Yep. [/quote]

The Palarse fans will make some row on NYD. They still have the championship mentality that our fans had a couple of years ago. But if they stay up a couple of seasons and emulate us Selhurst will soon be a library too..

Nope.

Even the announcers were saying how quiet Carrots Road was. They work all over the country so are familiar with crowd activity AND are generally neutral so can are more reliable. Also, from the broadcast booth, they''re close enough to have a clear view without being swayed by the closest 200 fans.

It was quiet. Very very quiet. Boring game with uninspired team lacking any sort of leadership on and off the pitch. We need a captain who can motivate during the game and a manager who motivates before and at the half. Duck and cover is not motivating.

Yes. That''s what you''d be most familiar with, so a good comparison. Under the I - Idiot.

Well done ignoring the main point and focussing on the minutiae.What chants did you start to help inspire the Lost Boys today?

Think a lot of this stems from having an awful lot of long in the tooth season ticket holders who simply turn up every two weeks as a matter of course because it''s something to do. This has led to a lack of newer younger supporters who by nature would be more vocal & supportive.Too many of these season ticket holders only come to life when we score, and even then it''s a struggle for a lot of them.Their enthusiasm usually lasts a couple of minutes then they retreat back into their semi slumber waiting for the next bit of excitement.Cheering on the team during dull patches of the game is virtually non existent as they sit there wondering whether or not to take a mid half toilet break, thinking about a half time cuppa or planning how early they should leave at the end to beat the traffic.Incessant noise & continuous encouragement is not for them - they don''t expect periods of the game to be boring and if it is then there''s nothing they can do about it except get momentarily aroused when one of our opponents has the audacity to

commit a foul or if the ref gives a wrong decision against us.And so they can go home with a nice warm feeling, thinking that they''ve made a contribution to the proceedings, they like to give a good boo at the end.

Simply there is a big difference between a spectator and a fan - we have collated a hell of a lot of spectators since our rise from the ashes.

Just have a look around you at the games, uninspiring bunch I am afraid.

There is a good leroy fer song someone starts to the tune of living on a prayer and it gets going however some will shout ''leroy leroy leroy'' over it as they dislike it

Simply it won''t change - sad times but blame to spectators not the fans

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yes. That''s what you''d be most familiar with, so a good comparison. Under the I - Idiot.

Well done ignoring the main point and focussing on the minutiae.What chants did you start to help inspire the Lost Boys today?[/quote]

Was that to me???

One of my favourites is "we''re gonna run our blankets over you" But nobody wanted to join in that one..

On Saturday I''m going to to sing Lambert''s Lament...

Good Nigel. Now if some of the other 26,800 join in with your out of tune off beat caterwauling, the announcers won''t have reason to comment on how quiet the Norwich fans are.

But as you say, they don''t. That''s my point. Thanks for accidentally reinforcing it in your failed attempt to do otherwise.