Sign in to follow this  
Clint

The Wall

I''m not sure if this has been mentioned on here before but I''ve only just watched MOTD from Boxing Day.From where I was in the ground it appeared that the wall jumped over the ball for Fulham''s first goal, which it clearly did.  What I didn''t realise is what an absolute shambles this was.  Twice they all jumped, in different directions, some (Fer particularly) turning away from the ball.  This is schoolboy stuff and just sums us up - a complete lack of desire, commitment and leadership.The purpose of the players in the wall is to block the ball, our boys seemed to do everything they could to get out of the way of it - no-one committed to the cause enough to get a smack in the face (or elsewhere) with the ball.  Also, who is instructing the players in the wall?  I can''t imagine an organised well drilled unit playing for each other, defending like this.  Most of them, quite simply, seem to not give a damn.

If you watch the footage you''ll see that the wall jumped twice. they were sold a dummy by the Fulham tactics. and having jumped once they were not in their initial positions when the ball was actually played.

I''m sure that rene had them trying that on the training ground

Half of them jumped and turned there backs and other half split up and that''s where the ball went through! Turner was visibly upset and as the boys got ready for kick off snow and elmander where clearly debating over it good free kick tho to find the corner and beat ruddy

i dont think the wall jumping was that big an issue

giving away half a dozen + free kicks on the edge of the box didnt really help matters

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I thought this might be a thread about Pink Floyd :-([/quote]Well, I''d estimate half this message board look at pictures of Lambert and sob "wish you were here."