Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Norwich vs Manchester Utd Match Thread

" I think that is the right sub - hooper for wolf -- we don''t want to be taking wes off" There are others he could take off ..

Who? I think taking a midfielder off for a striker would restrict any sort of supply we could give them"

Snodgrass…?

[quote user="LondonCanary"]Anyone else getting frustrated with Snoddy?

Lots of giving it away, lots of poor placed crosses.

Can be brilliant for us, dont get me wrong just seems like we arent getting anything like his best recently[/quote]Yeah just think he slows the game down. IMO a bit of a ditherer.

BJ''s had a pretty decent game today, but he still has the ability to turn our attack into their attack in one mis-placed pass!

Hoolahan should always play, until we get someone better in that role. When I''m used to sideways passing after all these months, he gets the ball and tries to advance forward when the rest of the team look incapable of doing the same. Wes [Y]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Hoolahan should always play, until we get someone better in that role. When I''m used to sideways passing after all these months, he gets the ball and tries to advance forward when the rest of the team look incapable of doing the same. Wes [Y][/quote]I think the reason he hasn''t had as many game under Hughton is because he doesn''t offer much defensively.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Hoolahan should always play, until we get someone better in that role. When I''m used to sideways passing after all these months, he gets the ball and tries to advance forward when the rest of the team look incapable of doing the same. Wes [Y][/quote]I think the reason he hasn''t had as many game under Hughton is because he doesn''t offer much defensively. [/quote]

Nor does any other focker in our team !!!

Decent performance, but manyoo were there for the taking today.Can''t help thinking we missed an opportunity there.

Hoolahan was the difference for me today, yes we lost, but we looked such a better side. We failed to get a better No. 10 in the summer, so love him or loath him he is the best we have.

For me we should pretty much always be playing him in the hole with 2 of Tettey, Fer, Howson, Johnson just behind. We look a much better side with him in that spot.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Hoolahan should always play, until we get someone better in that role. When I''m used to sideways passing after all these months, he gets the ball and tries to advance forward when the rest of the team look incapable of doing the same. Wes [Y][/quote]I think the reason he hasn''t had as many game under Hughton is because he doesn''t offer much defensively. [/quote]
Even our defenders don''t offer much defensively though! Better to create, and score, than to sit back and try and defend a goalless draw as we know we aren''t good enough.

[quote user="NWC"]Decent performance, but manyoo were there for the taking today.Can''t help thinking we missed an opportunity there.[/quote]

Apparently almost every team we''ve played this season has been ''there for the taking''. We should be well clear at the top of the league.

Sometimes I hate football.. got robbed today.

Great show from lads. At last playing again with the tactics we used so succesfuly previous season. 4-2-3-1 with solid formation and 1 free role player there to mix it up.

Still lots of cheaply given balls and back four outside Olsson cant find a pass that would be purposeful. Specially Bassong looked very lazy with his passing.

Snoddy needs to wake up! He should be one with most accurate balls when given freedom to use his left and he had today lot of free crosses and still balls without end result. Redmond also needs to calm down when taking the last touch. We probably would have equalized if he would just have looked up and passed it on the route of Hoolahan.

Anyway lots of positives today and hopefuly Pilks, Bennett, Howson and Tettey are fit soon that we can get some players resting. Fer and Redmond were out of fumes at the end of game and Hoolahan had to drop below Fer.

And main point of the game. GIVE HOOLAHAN MORE TIME ON THE FIELD. God I love him.

Lavanche I agree in entirety with your assessment. I''m frustrated but so pleased by the performance.

[quote user="NWC"]Decent performance, but manyoo were there for the taking today.Can''t help thinking we missed an opportunity there.[/quote]

Agreed they where poor and after the game I now feel we should have won that.

My issue with the management today was they never got to grips with the tactical change by ManUre at half-time. Welbeck just hung back in the pocket, no-one picked him up which caused hesitancy in the defence which led directly to the fluffed clearance and ricochet that fell to Welbeck. If they had sorted picking Welbeck up earlier and that would not have happened. Piss poor management, there for all to see. Shocking.

I think main point of Hoolahan sitting on the bench is that Hughton wants to play Howson and Fer for getting goals from the first and versatility and height from second and adding Hoolahan in that mix just doesn''t sound balanced on the paper.

In my opinion we should give it a try next time they all are fit and we are trailing. We wont get everything out of one of the players as Fer would have to sit on the bay, but would give us three players with good ball control.

Interestingly, ShefCanary, Paddy Davitt tweeted just before Welbeck scored saying the management team were shouting at Fer to pick up and mark Welbeck.

Levanche my preferred midfield 3 would be all 3, Howson and Fer with Hoolahan just in front and Hooper up front. I think we would cope with other teams and be much more fluid going forward with those 3 in the centre.