Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Norwich vs Manchester Utd Match Thread

Thought id start it early, as robbie savage just posted on twitter that Wayne Rooney hasn''t traveled, might be wrong but lets wait and see

Whatever , whoever plays for them, I can''t see us getting anything today after watching ou boxing day game at CR. Midfield is just not good enough imo

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC 7s

#NCFC team v @ManUtd: Ruddy; Martin, R Bennett, Bassong (c), Olsson; Fer, Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond; Hooper.

subs

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC 15s

#NCFC subs v @ManUtd: Bunn (GK), Whittaker, van Wolfswinkel, Elmander, Garrido, Becchio, Josh Murphy.

man utd team #mufc team vs Norwich: De Gea, Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Young, Cleverley, Carrick, Giggs, Kagawa, Hernandez.

United aren''t playing rooney or rvp. yes welbeck has been in good form but a lot of that comes from the rooney partnership.

here''s hoping it bites them in their ass. we have alright form against moyes with the exception of the cup.

After early ManU dominance of possession we had a good 15 min spell of play there, shame Hoolahan isn''t a few inches taller… :-)

Now we''re pressing them higher up the pitch, we''re playing very well.We should be 1 up, possibly even 2.  Therefore, I suspect we''ll come away with nothing - but with that said; it has been a very promising performance thus far.

Don''t want to hex us, but we are dominating Man U at the moment - stats still show 60% Man U possession which just shows how badly we were outplayed in first 10 minutes.

Good team selection, good performance. Can''t help but feel being United we will get punished for not taking one of our chances, but soo much better performance after the Fulham game.

Raising our game against the so called Big teams is all well and good, but we should be doing it against the fulhams and sunderlands of the league!

We have been great so far, just gutted we havent scored yet. Hope it doesnt come back to hurt us next half.

Wes a bit irritating at times, so nothing really changes...

This is the sort of football we all want to see is it not?

Best first half this season from us. This is what I want to see our team and it seems Hoolahan is the one who brings it for us again. (Good display from many of those players also who didn''t contribute in Fulham game)

Hopefuly we can fetch a point at least!

Surprising that when we get our best technical players on the pitch we look good! Wes and Hooper, Olsson and Redmond, and Snoddy and Martin combining well. Russ particularly looking back to his marauding best. Just need to sharpen up on our shooting...looking good though, COYY!!!!

I''m not the biggest hoolahan fan, mainly because I feel he is often a luxury player that we unfortunately just can''t afford to have.

However fact is that every manager tries to find a system to play without him but inevitably have to revert to including him to make us tick. Don''t get me wrong I would love us to include him and continue with this level of performance.

Just need a goal now :)

Excellent first half - Martin looks to be having a really good game and Hoolahan is the number 10 we have been looking for ? ;-)

I''d bring RvW on for Snodgrass a.s.a.p. (it''s not that I don''t like Snoddy, his passion is evident, but his passing and shooting accuracy are just woeful at the moment)

Excellent effort during the first half. We were fighting for the ball, not giving United time to relax on the ball, passing well and being creative in the final third. Even if we lose the game as long as we go into each future match with the same kind of approach we will be fine for this season. The shame is that, too often, this season we have not done so.

Norwich look a different team from Boxing Day. Wes is actually having a blinder, ManUre can''t handle him, but worried that he missed what will probably be his only clear chance of the match! Have reservations about Snoddy''s short ame today as well as his work rate but his crossing is back to its best. However ManUre defence is good in the air today. Russell having a brilliant game.

KEEP IT UP YOU YELLOWS. Don''t listen to Trollope!!!!!!!

Yes looking better but Wes has a powder puff shot imagine if we can sign a player like that who either has some pace or a decent shot away.

Much better performance all round but not taken any chances.

This performance is exactly what I want to see as a supporter. Sticking it to the big boys! Credit to CH and the team for their efforts so far. Hoolahan although frustrating at times, is making us look better against ManU and more convincing than against we did against the mighty Fulham.
Although he blows hot and cold, Russ is far superior in every department to Whittaker. At least he crosses when Whits would shoot unnecessarily. Generally much happier than 2 days ago! COYY