Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

What are the inevitable complaints going to be?

Seriously?

I''m expecting some massive moanathon as usual if we lose, but based on what?

Tactics right, team selection right, we played good football, substitutes right.

If we lose it''s to a team today who got one lucky chance and put it away and that was the difference between us and last years champions.

So whats the moaning going to be about?

Most people on here are always negative. 1-0 is very respectable against the Champions and a team on a very good run. Stats suggest we have out shot Man U today. Just need some consistency against C Palace

Effort was great in the first half. The defending this season has been very poor you can''t deny it, and again one slip up cost us a point today. I just think we lack serious quality to score enough goals, we even created the chances today. Why are some people so confident we will stay up?

Disagree. Manyoo were woeful today and looked nothing like title defenders or contenders - we should have got at least a point.

lots of chances and inability to put them in the net, not taking them is the difference between premier league teams and the championship

people can try and defend it as much they like,im not going to deny city played ok, but utd also looked poor, but still won without van persie or rooney,

the end result is the same = 0 points

[quote user="Samwam27"]Most people on here are always negative. 1-0 is very respectable against the Champions and a team on a very good run. Stats suggest we have out shot Man U today. Just need some consistency against C Palace [/quote]Err.......minus Rooney and VPt!

Don''t get me wrong Seattle, I''m not a militant pro-Hughton, nor am I convinced we will be safe at this stage, I''m wholly unconvinced.

I do get annoyed though when the lads and the manager orchestrate a good, but unlucky, performance against last years champions like that that I know this board will be full of negativity, when actually it just wasn''t our day.

My complaint is why were we so ready to play today and so pathetic 2 days ago? Today''s effort would have got 3 points vs Fulham. Instead we have 2 home losses and no points to show for it.

There will not be a better opportunity for any PL club to get a result against a half-baked, under-strength United, who were there for the taking , had we the guile/composure/correct decision-making/ability to shoot/etc. to do so.

The manager''s decision to raise the white flag, with plenty of time remaining, by substituting our only hope of scoring a goal (Hooper) for a player, so ineffective, Hughton might as well have allowed the game to be played with ten men.

The result itself is bad enough, the demolition of Fulham by Hull, to the tune of 6-0, is enough to send a message to the board that the coaching and instruction that the players are currently receiving is not of Premiership standard.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]My complaint is why were we so ready to play today and so pathetic 2 days ago? Today''s effort would have got 3 points vs Fulham. Instead we have 2 home losses and no points to show for it.[/quote]

^^^ THIS totally! Why put in a determined performance in these big games, and not against the lesser opponents?!

[quote user="unique"]There will not be a better opportunity for any PL club to get a result against a half-baked, under-strength United, who were there for the taking , had we the guile/composure/correct decision-making/ability to shoot/etc. to do so.

The manager''s decision to raise the white flag, with plenty of time remaining, by substituting our only hope of scoring a goal (Hooper) for a player, so ineffective, Hughton might as well have allowed the game to be played with ten men.

The result itself is bad enough, the demolition of Fulham by Hull, to the tune of 6-0, is enough to send a message to the board that the coaching and instruction that the players are currently receiving is not of Premiership standard.[/quote]
We played a lot better Monty, but still not well by any means. Its just a lot better than what we are normally subjected to, therefore it feels like we were amazing. Just read above what unique says, it makes total sense.

[quote user="Monty13"]Seriously?

I''m expecting some massive moanathon as usual if we lose, but based on what?

Tactics right, team selection right, we played good football, substitutes right.

If we lose it''s to a team today who got one lucky chance and put it away and that was the difference between us and last years champions.

So whats the moaning going to be about?[/quote]
Should''ve made the first half count.

Perhaps, that playing well for one half in every 5-10 games is just not good enough.

Well done to the lads for the first half today, but that''s simply too little, too late.

So, my moan is about consistency (and a complete lack of quality in front of goal, even a good half every so often is pretty much a waste of effort).

I know this was against Man.U, but I''m depressed. Unless we put a run together (like last season), I just don''t see us escaping relegation. I keep on hearing that there are worse teams than us in the league, but I''m not sure who they are.

Hughton seems to be able to pull the rabbit out of the hat at critical times (again like the run last season, or the West Ham game this season), but I don''t see that lasting - I hope to god I''m proved wrong. Having spent more than any other manager in the club''s history, there appears to be absolutely no progress at all. We are no better defensively, much (much) worse in the final third and utterly lacking in drive and determination.

I hardly ever post on this board, but I love reading it. I enjoy reading those who seem to confuse their opinion with fact and those who won''t be diverted from their opinion, no matter what (most of whom have made their decision before a ball is even kicked each season). Occassionally, there''s even some reasoned debate - I love that as well.

I''ve been sitting on the fence for most of this season, but I guess I''ve just fallen off.

I''m depressed!

Ah yes, tactics right.... if it''s not working, don''t change the system. We play the same old formation no matter who we play, so how can that be right? We''re so predictable.

I think we''re quite welcome to moan when a) this is a forum for discussion; and b) we''ve spend millions to become a less entertaining, less effective, inconsistent unit. Good football is an interesting one, considering I prefer when we go out and score. No luck in doing that!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]My complaint is why were we so ready to play today and so pathetic 2 days ago? Today''s effort would have got 3 points vs Fulham. Instead we have 2 home losses and no points to show for it.[/quote]

^^^ THIS totally! Why put in a determined performance in these big games, and not against the lesser opponents?!

[/quote]
I disagree only ever so slightly. The least we deserve is to see the team put effort in every game like that. Unfortunately, we actually lack quality in the basic areas - passing, decision making, shooting, crossing. We should always raise our game and play well every game, as its either going to be a big boy, or a six pointer more often than not.

A great team performance today. Other than we could not take our chances what''s to complain about. Man U''s goal had its lucky element. More concerned with Hoopers injury.

[quote user="TexasCanary"]A great team performance today. .[/quote]since when was 1 point from 9 great ?can create as many chances as you like, dont finish them and its all pointless

Hughton puts on useless elmander on with a minute to go what is the point? If he wanted to do that do it with 10 minutes at least to go so he can have some influence. He just doesn''t know how to make an effective substitution

Hughton out Messiah back

Hooper was injured btw, something to do with his hamstring.

We should have took our chances in the first half I agree, but we only have the players available, are people saying the wrong ones were playing?

Man Utd didn''t look like a great side after the first 15 min of constant pressure, but you always know with a team of their quality if they get one good chance they will put it away. They were also a lot more competitive when Wellbeck came on so it was only 30 mins in the first half we really dominated, if you could call it that.

Yes I''d rather we played this way against Fulham, but we didn''t, and I bet if we''d have played 451 against them many would have been screaming about negativity.

We lost, have we reached that point now where we can take no pleasure in the manner of our defeat?

The amount of times I have seen people say on here they don''t mind us losing it is the manner of the defeats that annoy them. Instead now we should be beating top 6 sides who are there for the taking apparently.

That Man U side is not top 6 quality though, and they proved that with their lack of goal threat and creativity. Still though we charitable gift them a chance, and leave with nothing. I agree the performance was great, and I am much happier today. I just think this defeat would have been more acceptable if we played like that 2 days ago, and walked away as we should have, with 3 points from Fulham.

Monty, it was not a lucky goal, it was caused by a tactical change that saw Welbeck play in the hole and which unsettled our defence because no-one took charge (either on the pitch or more likely off it) to deal with the situation. It led directly to hesitancy in our defence a fluffed clearance and the ricochet. Great management by Moyes, who remember was playing today with half a pack, shit by our management team. My direct blame would be on Calderwood who is the spotter - either he didn''t see this when everyone else could, or Hughton chose to ignore it. Either way the whole management team needs to look hard at themselves.

[quote user="unique"]

[/quote]

Hooper was injured, so how pathetic do you and the boo boys look now?

^^^^^

This

We are getting dragged back into a relegation battle and the one reason for this is because we have not got the points in games that we should have. Hull Villa Fulham Cardiff Swansea should have seen us get more points than we did.

We simply have not been good enough to compete. We''ve arguably got the strongest team we''ve had for many years but due to poor management players and tactics we have been unable to make this count.

I can''t see this changing and if we survive it will be by the skin of our teeth.

Not half as pathetic as our points total after two favourable home ties over Christmas.....and how Hughton will sound as he trots out the same lame-duck excuses......

A very, very, average Man Utd team, minus Rooney and RVP were there for the taking today. As per usual under Chris Hughton we failed to capitalise. And once again when it was clear that we weren''t going to break them down, the manager has no idea how to shake things up and try something different. The guy is out of his depth. If what a previous poster just stated, that we now have 9 wins in 40 under Hughton is correct, then how anyone can defend him and believe that he should still be in a job is beyond me. What is also beyond me is what exactly the manager and his coaching staff are doing on the training field with regards to our approach to attacking, our set piece routines, and pretty much everything else. We look completely toothless and lacking in self belief in the final third. For me this has to come from the management, as with the players we have available we shouldn''t expecting to score no more than 0-1 goals every single week! Still a large number of fans burying their head in the sand it seems. Even more worryingly, so too are the NCFC board.