Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

What does RVW bring?

Just seems static most of the time. Probably be a good striker for Arsenal, but is like playing with 10 men when you don''t have possession.

I''m hoping the second half of the season he hits form, and appears more in games. Even then, 10mill is a lot for only half of a season. Is he Dave Strihavka in disguise?

Needs a run of games and some time. Lets not write him off just yet. But i will agree he didnt get involved enough today.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Just seems static most of the time. Probably be a good striker for Arsenal, but is like playing with 10 men when you don''t have possession.[/quote]You''re joking arnt you?His movement at the begining of the season was awesome, Our problem is we cant ge the ball to him!He must be getting so frustrated, can still be a big hit for us, but needs more game time and to play with Hooper.

"Our problem is we cant ge the ball to him!"

Which is why he would be a good striker for Arsenal.

"His movement at the begining of the season was awesome"

When we have the ball. What about when we don''t? Hooper can drop deep and link up a lot better.

Somebody needs to shove a rocket up winky''s bum, didn''t look like he could be bothered today.

[quote user="Waveney canary"]We have massively down graded replacing holt with the wolf and as a result the team is suffering. Another blunder by hughton[/quote]

Huzzah!

Today he touched the ball once in a twenty minute cameo appearance - he failed to get involved, and consistently went our wide right, impeding Redmond every occasion. His tactical awareness is very poor. Yes he may run back and tackle, but he is a striker - who cannot score and will not score unless he takes up central positions and links with central midfield.

He has a long way to go to be anywhere near Hooper, who has certainly shown what he can do, and he too had a long period out injured - which is no excuse to be used for RVW.

At 8.5 million a very expensive flop at this time.

If this forum had existed in 1997 I am sure Iwan Roberts would have been totally written off as RVW has been on here. He has two substitute appearances since returning form injury. There is undoubtedly a quality footballer there. It does need patience and we must show it if we are to beat the drop. The same applies for Hughton.

"he failed to get involved, and consistently went our wide right, impeding Redmond every occasion. His tactical awareness is very poor"

How do you know he hasn''t been asked to do that? Because Holt was doing the same under Hughton also!

I love it how people judge a player after a short amount of time by calling him a flop yet they are still willing to back Hughton who has been here for a good while now, can not seem to play the right tactics that suit our players etc. I would say the Manager and coaching staff are more of a flop than the players, because they can not be getting the right attacking training....