Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Half way, not great BUT

Ok, exactly half way through the season..it ain''t been great and it sure ain''t been pretty BUT

If with 19 points, if this is replicated we will have 38 which is higher than the average need to survive for last 6 seasons.

Also, we are out of the relegation zone so again if it is replicated in the second half we will be safe.

Now I know lots of you will moan about lack of ambition and Little Norwich mentality but at the moment I would certainly settle for another season in the premier league!

It''s not great entertainment though is it?

Sadly there''s a generation of 5-10 year olds coming through who think ''a hard-earned Premiership point'' is something to celebrate!

Business objectives have overtaken our sporting aspirations it seems.

Regardless of the opposition, I''d welcome a return of ''lets try to win the game today''...

Norfolk Mustard wrote the following post at 28/12/2013 7:06 PM:

It''s not great entertainment though is ?

You couldn''t have been there today then Norfolk! it was excellent entertainment! some really good football from both sides! good atmosphere and a pantomime ref! what more do you want?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Norfolk Mustard wrote the following post at 28/12/2013 7:06 PM:

It''s not great entertainment though is ?

You couldn''t have been there today then Norfolk! it was excellent entertainment! some really good football from both sides! good atmosphere and a pantomime ref! what more do you want?[/quote]Anyone who didn''t think that was an entertaining game needs to take up something else for a Saturday afternoon. Football is not for you.

Of course we would all love to see entertaining games every week and a stylish team

Fact is that whilst we remain in the premiership there will be more hard fought wins or draws (although I admit Swansea and Southampton may be the exceptions to the rule).

I would still rather see us stay in the top league in the world rather than seeing us once again drop down two divisions to have that magnificent exciting run back.

We have used up most of our easy home matches already , we look lightweight and i think it will take a bit of a miracle to keep us up .Should have got rid of Hughton before it was to late , that time may well have already passsed .

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]It''s not great entertainment though is it?

Sadly there''s a generation of 5-10 year olds coming through who think ''a hard-earned Premiership point'' is something to celebrate!

Business objectives have overtaken our sporting aspirations it seems.

Regardless of the opposition, I''d welcome a return of ''lets try to win the game today''...[/quote]

I enjoyed the game today (except the bloke next to me kept on moaning....at least i think it was a guy, he did have a particularly high voice.)

[quote user="rock bus"]Of course we would all love to see entertaining games every week and a stylish team

Fact is that whilst we remain in the premiership there will be more hard fought wins or draws (although I admit Swansea and Southampton may be the exceptions to the rule).

I would still rather see us stay in the top league in the world rather than seeing us once again drop down two divisions to have that magnificent exciting run back.[/quote]

It might not be so easy next time.ask 1p5wich