Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Safri badly needed for the Fulham game

I just hope that Safri recovers in time for the Fulham game or I fear for our midfield. No way can we hope to win against Fulham with a central midfield pairing of Francis and Holt up against Diop and Malbranque. 

Nothing personal against Gary Holt because I know he plays to the best of his ability, but when he came on yesterday it effectively made it 10 v 10.  Can someone on the coaching staff tell him to actually tackle, don''t leave the opposition player next to you and wander off following the ball, and stop pointing to other imaginary players to pick up their runners.

Holt was bloody awful when he came on yesterday.  You''re right Silver Fox that Saf is badly needed next week.  He will be required against physical players like Malbranque and Boa-Morte. 

Both posts are 100% spot on. However, I did feel sorry for Holt to come on to a loud chorus of booing. That was not aimed at him but many fans had not realised that Safri was injured. My son noticed it after 15 mins. - Safri kept feeling the top of his left leg.

AGAIN THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH WORTHY - he still cannot bring himself to actually DROP Holt altogether. Brennan would be a much better bet in midfield than Holt.

We now have it all in our own hands which is all we could ask but I still feel that Albion may stay up (I''ve been saying this since we fluked that win over them in February). They have the least difficult game next Sunday and could well finish above us on goal difference.

"Diop and Malbranque"I have a feeling I read somewhere that Diop misses the game, but even so, it will be hard against a "full-flow" Malbranque who is a pretty good player.Mark .Y.