Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

is this it?

I''ve enjoyed reading the views on this thread. I admit I''m no Hughton fan but it is often observed that a team reflects the personality of the Manager. Here at Norwich we have a fine example of this.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]The doom and gloom around the place, people saying how they find it boring etc....

Is this as good as it gets for us now?

In the championship we were either going for promotion or fighting to avoid the drop. Even in the Rioch/Hamilton days you sensed we were only 3 or 4 signings away... it was entertaining, the club had "charcters" like fleck, Roberts, hucks, Bellamy etc over the years and the fans accepted their place.

We now sit 14th in the premiership, bottom half, there are no characters, no real relegation threat and no chance of the title. I think deep down the majority of fans know we have reached our limit. There wont be any breaking into the top 6... we might see the odd cup win.

The manger could be Hughton, Lambert, Malky or anyone.... the club will not progress beyond where it is now.

I am sure there are fans out there who would take relegation, possibly even want it. So that we can have our "day" and our limelight again... civic receptions and silverware...

For years we craved an established top flight side... now we have it.... now the future is mid table mediocrity and the odd cup win.... you reap what you sow....

We are premier league....[/quote] No relegation threat?!

----jas the barclay king-------

That would be 11th placed swansea and mid table southampton....

As above. This is it

--------------------------------------

Yep, Swansea, above us despite being hindered by the Europa League due to winning a cup last season. Southampton a massive 8 points above us and almost safe already this season.

It is noteworthy that both these sides score quite a few goals.

-------------chicken----------

I know people like to think we can be as good as Southampton and Swansea, and we can, but the reality is they are one or even two season''s spending ahead of us.

They feel they have a strong and deep enough squad to be paying out £12million + upfront for individual players and more than one of them.

We can and have still been competitive.

-----------------------------------

If Swansea have spent more than us, it can only be because they had to sell one or more of their star players. Part of the reason our spending over 3 years is less than Southampton''s over 2 is we decided to pay off our debts rather than invest heavily in the squad last season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]----jas the barclay king-------

That would be 11th placed swansea and mid table southampton....

As above. This is it

--------------------------------------

Yep, Swansea, above us despite being hindered by the Europa League due to winning a cup last season. Southampton a massive 8 points above us and almost safe already this season.

It is noteworthy that both these sides score quite a few goals.[/quote]Noteworthy in a similar way that both of our first choice strikers have been out for a fair bit of the season each?

--------morty--------

Noteworthy in a similar way that both of our first choice strikers have been out for a fair bit of the season each?

------------------------

Injuries are what the squad is for. Every club has them.

RvW has played in 10 of 18 games. Hooper 13 of 18. Elmander has played in 15 of 18. Becchio 3 of 18.

All Hughton''s signings.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--------morty--------

Noteworthy in a similar way that both of our first choice strikers have been out for a fair bit of the season each?

------------------------

Injuries are what the squad is for. Every club has them.

RvW has played in 10 of 18 games. Hooper 13 of 18. Elmander has played in 15 of 18. Becchio 3 of 18.

All Hughton''s signings.[/quote]I know every club has them.But if anyone wonders why we haven''t scored many goals, strikers being out injured and taking time to get back to full fitness is a pretty good place to start looking for an explanation.And as I previously said, our depth is good, but its hardly world class.

Biggest problem atm is the centre midfield role. Sorry, but we really miss Howson and Tettey. BJ is not good enough for the prem imo. Againsy Fulham this was painfully obvious. You can''t deny that we gifted them a lot of the ball due to mistakes in cm.

I don''t agree with "no relegation threat" we bl##dy well are in trouble if we can''t win games at home against the teams around us.

"Swansea and Southampton are the level we should be at now"

The same Southampton who have spent £20m+ more than us in the past year and a half?

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Swansea and Southampton are the level we should be at now"

The same Southampton who have spent £20m+ more than us in the past year and a half?[/quote]
True, but I''d say more the same Southampton who have a man in charge who has them playing as a unit, and getting the most out of his signings and the previous managers.
We''re hardly playing to our potential like they are. At least they squeeze every ounce out of their players.

No relegation threat? I hope the players don''t have your childish arrogant attitude!!!