Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Pulis

I got hammered for suggesting he would give us more chance of staying up than the current manager, after our performance yesterday I know I''m right, replacing the shit we are served up at moment with his organised but more direct a approach would be a massive improvement! Not proud to say that, it''s just a fact & an indication of how low our performances have sunk to. We are rubbish & given our run in at the end of the season & our away form we probably have to win 6 home games before April NOT A CHANCE

Did you actually see what happened at Stoke. He turned them into a solid mid-league team. But the fans, probably like yourself, wanted better and chased him out. It would have been exactly the same here.

If Hughton is to go then someone like Pulis is not the right choice.

Yes but two seasons of really boring, mid-league football and we''d be going through this in/out bulls hit again. That''s what I''m getting at.

its amazing that people actually want to have the most boring manager at our club. We''ve brought in some great, exciting players who would be wasted in a pulls team

[quote user="mrs miggins"]its amazing that people actually want to have the most boring manager at our club. We''ve brought in some great, exciting players who would be wasted in a pulls team[/quote]

Mrs Miggins to answer you comment, " it''s amazing that people want the most manager boring at our club" I don''t know how many games you go to, but you cannot offer an argument that defends CH''s style/system of play with the players at his disposal, It is abysmal. Long ball or short ball it''s all about results, if we had someone who could throw the ball 60mtr you would be cheering just the same as 95% the crowd as soon as the ball went out of play, it''s called using your assets, we have quick forwards that like to play on the shoulder & need early through balls giving them space to run into, we tend to move up slowly as a unit, then fall back as a defensive unit, that is our BORING system created by our BORING manager. Second point you make "We''ve brought in some great, exciting players!! Have I been missing something here? Yes there have been some decent potential signed, but the type of negative football we are subject to every week does nothing to enhance the reputation of these players, no pace to the attacks & players clearly restricted in there movement forward, Pulis "style relies on well organised defence, speedy & direct wingers & getting the ball as far away from our goal as quick as possible,

If you enjoy watching Turner, Bassong & the rest of the back four pissing about with it until we give it away rather than giving our speedy forwards an opportunity one on one with opposition centre backs then you my friend are very welcome, at least you will have plenty to moan about as we slowly decline week by week.

''decline week by week'' we are 14th, we''ve been progressing

good lord you do talk $hite. Though I would agree pulls'' style started off ok when he had two quick wingers for the first few seasons, but then decided to go against this and just be a ''solid'' team, a team of big guys with less technical ability, speed or a brain, and more muscle. Their plan was to lump it down the line in hope of getting a throw in or lump it to the attacker. Not the football I would like to see us playing, when we have a manager who can still keep us up, who has a good eye for a player and looks to play football.

Yes we do not play through balls enough that is true, I want to see goals like Gary Hoopers when we played west brom every week, but I don''t think i will.

But hey, at least we don''t have pulis in charge. See you at Man U I''m sure

Spartacus - i know its highlights but palace didn''t look too shabby on MOTD just now,
Couldn''t agree more. They passed it, and didn''t lump it aimlessly. Were unlucky not to at least get a point. I fear for how we''ll do there.

Dunno about you guys but I think we were pretty unlucky not to come away with a point today. And in case you''ve forgotten, we beat them under Pulis not so long ago as well.

Looking forward to the game on Wedensday, certainly not fearful on the back of today''s performance. Pulis in and scared of going to Palace?! Madness...

[quote user="Herman "]I struggle to figure out if posters on here are on a wind-up or thick as pig shit!?[/quote]

Norfolk + Football forum = ...you do the math

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Herman "]I struggle to figure out if posters on here are on a wind-up or thick as pig shit!?[/quote]

Norfolk + Football forum = ...you do the math[/quote]

Herman, So because someone offers a reasoned argument for an alternative to the present management/style which doesn''t hold with your own views your only form of retaliation is to resort to some sort of name calling & at the same time admitting that YOU CANT WORK OUT IF ITS PIG SHIT haha thick or what!!!! perhaps you can ask the teacher when you get back! & mrs muggins...clever formula, must be very advanced... what is a singular math? You must come from somewhere other than our fine county, where gibberish is the language of choice!!

If you disagree with my view that''s fine, I''d like nothing more than to revisit this thread come late April & have to say that you were correct & that football as we played against MU has become our normal style, until then my friend lets play a game called f*** off.... You go first

So, hang on, Palace play well and lose, and are unlucky. Norwich play well, and are also unlucky to lose, but we are rubbish and boring?Ok.

[quote user="Herman "]I struggle to figure out if posters on here are on a wind-up or thick as pig shit!?[/quote]Some from column A, some from column B. B mostly though.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Herman "]I struggle to figure out if posters on here are on a wind-up or thick as pig shit!?[/quote]

Herman, So because someone offers a reasoned argument for an alternative to the present management/style which doesn''t hold with your own views your only form of retaliation is to resort to some sort of name calling & at the same time admitting that YOU CANT WORK OUT IF ITS PIG SHIT haha thick or what!!!! perhaps you can ask the teacher when you get back! & mrs muggins...clever formula, must be very advanced... what is a singular math? You must come from somewhere other than our fine county, where gibberish is the language of choice!!

If you disagree with my view that''s fine, I''d like nothing more than to revisit this thread come late April & have to say that you were correct & that football as we played against MU has become our normal style, until then my friend lets play a game called f*** off.... You go first[/quote]

If you think just shouting Boring constitutesreasoned argument and than tour football is boring compared to Stoke under Pulis, then Mrs Miggins has got your number.

It doesn''t make any sense that is why it gets frustrating. Replace a manager you dislike because of his boring style for a manager well renowned for his boring style.

He may get Palace safe and above us, and by all means drag this thread up, if so. But it wouldn''t alter the fact that he wouldn''t have been a good or popular replacement.

[quote user="morty"]So, hang on, Palace play well and lose, and are unlucky. Norwich play well, and are also unlucky to lose, but we are rubbish and boring?Ok.[/quote]

No Morty not on that performance, no one can be unhappy with anything other than the result, unfortunately that was not the way we have been playing for much of the season, I agree there have been occasions when we''ve played well enough, the fact is that it hasn''t been often enough, if that drive & effort had been seen on Boxing Day we would have easily beaten a very poor team, Hull have had the same fixtures as us over the Christmas period are now full of confidence going into the second half of the season, we would have had the same feel good factor had we have beaten Fulham, it seems the current mindset is it will be Ok in the end, unfortunately time is running out, we should be comfortably mid table planning a way to finish in the top 10 not looking over our shoulders at who will finish below us.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Herman "]I struggle to figure out if posters on here are on a wind-up or thick as pig shit!?[/quote]

If you disagree with my view that''s fine, I''d like nothing more than to revisit this thread come late April & have to say that you were correct & that football as we played against MU has become our normal style, until then my friend lets play a game called f*** off.... You go first[/quote]

sorry about the quote blocks but just needed to point this out.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="morty"]So, hang on, Palace play well and lose, and are unlucky. Norwich play well, and are also unlucky to lose, but we are rubbish and boring?Ok.[/quote]

No Morty not on that performance, no one can be unhappy with anything other than the result, unfortunately that was not the way we have been playing for much of the season, I agree there have been occasions when we''ve played well enough, the fact is that it hasn''t been often enough, if that drive & effort had been seen on Boxing Day we would have easily beaten a very poor team, Hull have had the same fixtures as us over the Christmas period are now full of confidence going into the second half of the season, we would have had the same feel good factor had we have beaten Fulham, it seems the current mindset is it will be Ok in the end, unfortunately time is running out, we should be comfortably mid table planning a way to finish in the top 10 not looking over our shoulders at who will finish below us.[/quote]The point I am making is that people would actually compliment a team that they don''t support, rather than give credit where its due to the team they do support. Every good performance is a player revolt, every win a fluke.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="funny old game"][quote user="morty"]So, hang on, Palace play well and lose, and are unlucky. Norwich play well, and are also unlucky to lose, but we are rubbish and boring?Ok.[/quote]

No Morty not on that performance, no one can be unhappy with anything other than the result, unfortunately that was not the way we have been playing for much of the season, I agree there have been occasions when we''ve played well enough, the fact is that it hasn''t been often enough, if that drive & effort had been seen on Boxing Day we would have easily beaten a very poor team, Hull have had the same fixtures as us over the Christmas period are now full of confidence going into the second half of the season, we would have had the same feel good factor had we have beaten Fulham, it seems the current mindset is it will be Ok in the end, unfortunately time is running out, we should be comfortably mid table planning a way to finish in the top 10 not looking over our shoulders at who will finish below us.[/quote]The point I am making is that people would actually compliment a team that they don''t support, rather than give credit where its due to the team they do support. Every good performance is a player revolt, every win a fluke.[/quote]

Maybe it''s because we all want the same thing in the end, just have different ideas on how to achieve them & different ways of expressing those views, I enjoy football, my team is NCFC but I do find it counter productive to just be blind to other clubs achievements & to see nothing but good in everything NCFC, we do have to improve over the next 2 months & that isn''t going to happen playing as we did Boxing Day but will happen if we play as we did in the games against Everton, Southampton, Cardiff, WBA, Sunderland & United.