Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Entertainment vs Result

Well there have been arguments going on for ages, especially mooted by that talentless cheeky chapie Rob Buttler about Entertainment vs Result in the case of Norwich.I think today was case and verdict to proove the point wonderfully.The game was a cracker and really entertaining to watch despite the fact we lost. I came away thinking that was a really good game of football. If only Hoots had a pair of balls he would have gone for 2 strikers with Wes supporting, especially after the Manure goal.I think in if ever they were, Man Utd were there for the taking today, pretty pants by their standards, but im not going to let anything be taken away from our performance.Everyone can leave that with heads held high, Hoots still has a distance to travel in regards to his tactics and the fact he never takes a risk ( bet he gets cleaned out every time he plays poker )

Hmmm, I came away yesterday not feeling much better than I did on Boxing Day. Yes we played much, much better, but I am very concerned where the goals are going to come from. I don''t have to state the obvious and say you get no points for a good performance. I think I was slightly deflated yesterday because, I agree, Man Utd were there for the taking yesterday and didnt thump us as I had predicted. Before the game we were predicting our scores and there were five of us and I was the kindest by saying we''d only concede 3. Had we taken our chances and maybe had 2 up front, we could have won that game yesterday and things would look a little better.

In answer to your question, I think it has to be result for me, although I do love a cracking game too. Had we won against Fulham, I don''t think you''d hear many complaining about the dire game if we had another 3 points on the board.

Good football does not mean entertainment - playing good football but not winning (yesterday) will get you relegated. Any win is entertaining - Everton last season was not a great game, but suddenly 2 goals in the last 5 minutes makes it extremely entertaining. If we had scored 2 goals in injury time against Fulham people would not have cared how bad we played - we still would have had the 3 points.

Yes we would all like to play like barca, but i would always take a scrappy 1-0 win if offered before a game

Entertainment & Results are not mutually exclusive. In fact, in more cases than not, one follows the other. We did not lose yesterday because we played attractive football or because it was an entertaining game. To get out of the mess we''re in we need to be more positive & more attacking. We''ve seen enough this season to know that being cautious/negative/defensive doesn''t work for us despite the fact we didn''t get the result we deserved yesterday, now is not the time to go back into our shells. If we had played all of the games this season like we did yesterday we would have a lot more points than we have. 

Play positively and the fans will stay with the team longer even if losing, play negative football fans will be happy while winning but as soon as you lose there is a instant feeling of getting what you deserved, that is for me one of the worst feelings after a match.