Sign in to follow this  
Pat

2013: the facts

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricardo"]I''ts always going to be hard for us in this league because even if we spend money to improve, so will everyone else. The fun part is getting to the Premier League, not so much being in it.[/quote]That''s where you and me disagree, I see no reason we can''t be sitting on 25 points safely in mid table. A good manager can improve the squad, as Hughton has, and get the side playing well.  We are not in a situation like Sunderland, on the decline, or have a weak squad like Palace, or left ourselves without enough backup like West Ham.  We haven''t even had any of our better players poached.[/quote]

And we are proving we''re better than Sunderland, Palace and West Ham.

Last year we heard nothing about Southampton. It was ALL about West Brom though. I honestly believe that most of your posts are fuelled by an inferiority complex or envy.

I don''t buy it can''t be fun for a club like us in the Premier League.

I really enjoyed the first half yesterday, for example.

The fact is if we struggle for points and don''t play exciting attractive football, fans are always going to be frustrated and aim that frustration at the manager.

If we struggle for points but for the most part play well and get the fans behind the team especially at Carrow Road then fans are normally much more lenient.

Additionally, if we perform above expectation result wise but not in terms of exciting football (like last season, for example) then there''s little room for complaint. I certainly wasn''t complaining last season because of exactly that.

This season we''re struggling for points, struggling for consistency, and struggling to perform for more than 45 minutes out of 180.

Maybe not poached, but certainly injured. Do you think that the amount of key injuries so far this season has had an effect on our consistency? It has doubtless affected the ability to make changes from the bench.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And we are proving we''re better than Sunderland, Palace and West Ham.

Last year we heard nothing about Southampton. It was ALL about West Brom though. I honestly believe that most of your posts are fuelled by an inferiority complex or envy.

[/quote]We aren''t proving anything as the season is not yet over.  Lose at Palace and we are below them in the table. Scandalous given their squad.West Brom failed to properly replace their loanee Lukaku.  A massive problem for them. Sunderland are thankfully on the slide, and West Ham were reliant on one striker, without enough quality in backup.  A decision which could cost Big Sam his job.Of course we heard about Southampton last year, it was their risky decision to sack the manager at 15th in the table. They are a recently promoted side on the up.  As much as I feel our squad is on the up and see no weakness with adequate and quality backup everywhere, results are worse than last season. I still think we will be safe, there is plenty of dross in this league.

And West Brom Foggy?

There''s little to choose between half this league and it''s the half we are in. Much as I''d like us to be 25 points clear of relegation it''s unlikely to happen unless there are 3 sides vastly inferior to the rest. Which group of clubs do you expect us to be around? Those in the bottom half or the top 8?