Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Nothing is improving

Let me sum up what I am sure many are thinking:

1) Our manager has a record which would have merited the sack at almost any other club

2) Our team lacks consistency and guts. There is no point performing well but losing against Man U if you completely fail against the Fulhams. Net result is relegation form.

3) We are going backwards and not forwards. And one or two results (Palace, West Brom, West Ham) do little to mask this.

4) Our run in is terrible. Realistically this leaves us 16 games to get enough points where we do not need to worry about our awful goals against column. It looks a bigger ask by the day and I am not convinced we can do it when we gather 2 pathetic points from the last few winnable games.

It begs the question that the board need to surely answer. What do they see that the average fan does not see? What is the hope they have?

This is a results business and I feel this team is less exciting, less ambitious, less determined, less hungry, less impressive and less entertaining than the one the last manager put together. With lesser players we should add.

To my mind we are screaming for change at the top before the window opens.

I suppose the Board think

1. CH kept us up last season

2. Summer signings need more time

3. We aren''t in the drop zone

4. Change of manager is a gamble

5. There is a limited number of decent managers out there we could attract

1. No that''s absolute nonsense, we are about where the board have budgeted for I would imagine, they also probably know that Rome wasn''t built in a day.

2. Yes Fulham was a massive disappointment, but as the old saying goes you can''t win em all. Sometimes you lose games, it''s what happens in competitive sport. You make it sound like we lose 90% of our games and are bottom.

3. Not sure this can really be proved, there''s far too many variables just to say "oh, well we have less points than last year".

4. This is STILL the most stupid point being thrown around here. Everyone has to play the same teams twice, and as last season proved, if the title race is over, it may even be the best time to play them.

Ps. Lesser players than Lambert had? Pull your head out of your backside, there''s a reason none of those players left to go and play at a higher level.

If the board does have an Ace up their sleeve then play it now otherwise I do not see us staying up this season the way were going. Our away form is not good and now are home form is declining and I am not just basing this on yesterdays game. If Hull can do it we should be able to. For club we are and the team we have we should not just be sitting off relegation.

There are about ten teams that could get relegated in any given year. We are one of them and we will be for the foreseeable future. We''re not better than fighting relegation, it''s about our level. As we''re not in the bottom 3, our away form and home form really can''t be that bad.

At the AGM it was clear at the time that the board were happy with Hughton and that in the new year we should be around mid table. This clearly is not going to be the case but wether the board act to change things or not is another thing.

But where we are in the league is largely a function of who we''ve played at home. We played well yesterday and lost. Likely the same will be true of the other big teams at Carrow Road. Therefore, our points tally should be much higher than it is today if we are to be on target of avoiding relegation, unless we think we''re likely to win away at Everton, Villa etc.

We''re one win off mid table. Close enough for the board I suspect. And that''s what really matters as far as Hughton''s future is concerned.

I wouldn''t say it''d be impossible to pick up points away to Everton and Villa, we have done previously. I''d really advise not analysing it and worrying about who he have and haven''t played away. We still have plenty of winnable home games coming up.

It is a much more even bottom half of the table this season and i fancy 36 points will keep us up. In a tight table it could come to Gd and only Fulham have a marked worse one.

There isno doubt that we are worse than last season, we had 6 more points at the halfway point last season. Also last season we managed 8 home wins , this season we have 3 getting another 5 will be a huge ask.The Palace game is pivotal to both Hughton and the club. Win and we climb away a bit lose and we can smell the bottom 3. If they are going to get rid then it would have to be after the palace game giving a new person the cup game and January window to make a difference. If we do not make a change in the next couple of weeks then we may as well stick with him and keep fingers crossed. I would like a change but sense he will pull something out of the bag at palace and keep going

Certainly the shooting isn''t improving! We had so many attempts yesterday, but so few on target. Hooper is a bright light, but he too has missed as many as he has scored, it seems.

Manure have a very good keeper, but if we blast high and wide we shall not beat him!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]It is a much more even bottom half of the table this season and i fancy 36 points will keep us up. In a tight table it could come to Gd and only Fulham have a marked worse one.

There isno doubt that we are worse than last season, we had 6 more points at the halfway point last season. Also last season we managed 8 home wins , this season we have 3 getting another 5 will be a huge ask.The Palace game is pivotal to both Hughton and the club. Win and we climb away a bit lose and we can smell the bottom 3. If they are going to get rid then it would have to be after the palace game giving a new person the cup game and January window to make a difference. If we do not make a change in the next couple of weeks then we may as well stick with him and keep fingers crossed. I would like a change but sense he will pull something out of the bag at palace and keep going[/quote]

Actually there is considerable doubt that we are worse than last season.

We had more points at this stage last year because of the ten game run. That was always a freak sequence as evidenced by the poorer run after Christmas. We achieved our level at the end of the season with 42 points or whatever. What skewed perceptions was that we gained and lost points in clumps.

This season has been much more evenly spread and we will again finish around 42 points.

Agree with the 4 points raised. The first names on my team sheet would not be the players Hughton has signed.

We only play well for half a game because on the odd occasion the tactics are right the oppositions coaches respond. The majority of the time we are gutless, look incapable of winning a game, and don''t have a plan.

We need a leader - I don''t think Hughton is one, and I don''t see any in Yellow. In fact I don''t think Hughton has had the fans backing since his first (of many humiliations) at Fulham.

At least he is now having to recognise we need Wes, one of the few the club means a lot to that Hughton hasn''t got rid of. He appears to sign players who do not fit into how we are to play - use wingers but no powerful number 9 with a presence.

I can''t wait to see the excuses from the happy clapppies faithful after the Palace defeat.

[quote user="Wiz"]I can''t wait to see the excuses from the happy clapppies faithful after the Palace defeat.[/quote]

You really don''t want to know what most of us can''t wait to see!

I don''t think much is improving either. I feel like our winnable home games no longer become winnable when we look to struggle on home soil so much.

Hughton won''t leave, whatever happens. He should, but he won''t.

[quote user="NWCoastCanary"]Agree with the 4 points raised. The first names on my team sheet would not be the players Hughton has signed.

We only play well for half a game because on the odd occasion the tactics are right the oppositions coaches respond. The majority of the time we are gutless, look incapable of winning a game, and don''t have a plan.

We need a leader - I don''t think Hughton is one, and I don''t see any in Yellow. In fact I don''t think Hughton has had the fans backing since his first (of many humiliations) at Fulham.

At least he is now having to recognise we need Wes, one of the few the club means a lot to that Hughton hasn''t got rid of. He appears to sign players who do not fit into how we are to play - use wingers but no powerful number 9 with a presence.[/quote]Leadership happens on the pitch it''s not the manager. Scott Parker the other day at Carrow Road demonstrated that well. It is something we''re missing.