Sign in to follow this  
Holtcantshoot

“It’s hard to take because we certainly deserved more than what we got.”

If we were given three points for every time Chris said this after a game we''d be 5 points clear at the top by now.New exciting game for the Crystal Palace game: guess the post-match quote after we lose with only 1 shot on target:1. It''s hard to take because we deserved more than we got2. We''ll learn our lessons and move on to the next game3. Hopefully we''ll get a reaction to this in our next game4. There a top side regardless of their league position and it''s always a tough place to come.

I like it when he asks himself the question and then answers his own question! Makes the need for an interviewer a little redundant and would be far more entertaining watching himself interview himself on motd!

Wow. Get out of the wrong side of bed did we ?

Today we had 15 shots to their 7 and 8 corners to their 4…

[quote user="Surfer"]Wow. Get out of the wrong side of bed did we ?

Today we had 15 shots to their 7 and 8 corners to their 4…[/quote]Don''t confuse people with the facts. There are many on here who have problems with awkward things like facts.

Had man utd have had those stats people would say we were "outplayed"

We outplayed a pretty dull Man utd side who didnt even look a top 6 side....

But then the o p probably saw the score and imagined the rest.....

[quote user="Surfer"]Wow. Get out of the wrong side of bed did we ?

Today we had 15 shots to their 7 and 8 corners to their 4…[/quote]

And 0 goals to their 1.

And 0 points to their 3.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Had man utd have had those stats people would say we were "outplayed"

We outplayed a pretty dull Man utd side who didnt even look a top 6 side....

But then the o p probably saw the score and imagined the rest.....[/quote]Man U rode their luck in the first half, scored a fluke and killed the game.  We were very unlucky to lose that, but credit to United, once they went in front they never looked like giving up the points.Not taking one of our chances in the first half was the real killer.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Surfer"]Wow. Get out of the wrong side of bed did we ? Today we had 15 shots to their 7 and 8 corners to their 4…[/quote]

Don''t confuse people with the facts. There are many on here who have problems with awkward things like facts.
[/quote]

You want facts Clappy?

How about Utd missing 4 of their top players yesterday.

Pathetic comment Wiz, you can only play who they put out and I would say only missing 2. I believe we were missing a few as well?

wiz, come on....you and us all know that Manure have a big squad that even when key players are out means they put out a very decent side, Welback coming on as sub is impressive. We on the other hand were missing players who would have also made a difference,particularly Howson who is our form player right now and also Tettey who was on his best run since joining us....... but despite that the team played well, very well and were very unlucky not to get something out of the game...........just accept that. Sure we are all really jarred off that two home games produced zero points, but give some credit for that performance at least.......you can still hate the Manager........but give credit where it is due.........

[quote user="JF"]Pathetic comment Wiz, you can only play who they put out and I would say only missing 2. I believe we were missing a few as well?[/quote]

What, in the Van P, Nani or Rooney''s class JF?

Class is relevant to the team. I would say that Tettey, Pilkington and Turner are major players for us.

I want a change of manager and feel Hughton is the wrong man but yesterday we were superb and he got it right.

[quote user="JF"]Class is relevant to the team. I would say that Tettey, Pilkington and Turner are major players for us. I want a change of manager and feel Hughton is the wrong man but yesterday we were superb and he got it right.[/quote]

Not for the second half he didn''t, he was insipid, limp of all ideas or tactics, he was cowardly and bloody clueless.....again!

I have come to the conclusion that Wiz is colour blind, and for a long time now has actually been watching the wrong games.This would explain quite a few things.

Errrrrr, and we lost - again!

You get NO points for just playing well, and you only get what you deserve in any match which is governed by actually SCORING goals, and defending your OWN goal in a consistent manner.

We have done neither over the last TWO years.

Fifteen home wins so far between 2012/13 season and 2013/14 season speaks volumes.

DJC is the only one on this thread who posts something that''s worth reading.

There''s no point ''dominating'' a game if you can''t score and don''t win

Completely agree but its hardly the managers fault the players didn''t take the chances is it?

[quote user="JF"]Completely agree but its hardly the managers fault the players didn''t take the chances is it?[/quote]

But the buck stops with him.

Yes it does over a course of the season or a fair few games but on one game against the champions, which we dominated and he done nothing wrong in my opinion then you can hardly blame him that we didn''t take our chances can you?

JF wrote the following post at 2013-12-29 3:43 PM:

Yes it does over a course of the season or a fair few games but on one game against the champions, which we dominated and he done nothing wrong in my opinion then you can hardly blame him that we didn''t take our chances can you?

Come on JF, it''s not just about ONE game, it''s about what''s happened during 2013, we have been so poor it''s unbelievable, yes he didn''t do much wrong yesterday, and nor did the players performance rise, but we have a historynof raising our game against the big boys, and yet when it comes to the villas, sunder lands, wig and, swanseas, west hams, fulhams, palaces and similar opposition we fail miserably, every time. That is down to the management and coaching team, and the buck stops with them.

Again I agree and if you look on this and other threads I am firmly in the Hughton out camp because I believe he is getting less from these players than a more capable manager would. But this discussion is about yesterday and yesterday alone. I can''t fault yesterday, I thought we were superb.

It''s clear that Skippy doesn''t understand: you need points to stay in the division; you get points by scoring more goals than the opposition; a goal is where you kick or head that round leathery thing into that wooden framed netty thing. Playing well and having lots of shots counts for nothing. This reminds me of Worthington''s season in the premiership - where we kept losing, but he kept telling us we had played well, and that he''d taken "plosses" ( = plusses = positives ) out of the game. And kept doing this until we were relegated !

Let''s play badly at Palace, have little posession and few shots, but win !

ps: CH is now known as Skippy because he rues ( roos ) so much after every game. I wish he would hop off !

The rules say that you must score more goals than your opponents in order to win. If we were unlucky not to win, then WBA were unlucky to lose to us three weeks ago.

We. like WBA, squandered so many chances, simply because we failed to get the shots or headers on target.

The match statistics at best show where the various parts of our side are strong and where they are weak. Yesterday the finishing was very poor, in that we rarely bothered the keeper.

The statistics do not decide who deserves to win, although they may please or displease fans. It is goals scored and goals prevented, from an all round team display, which gain victory.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]If we were given three points for every time Chris said this after a game we''d be 5 points clear at the top by now.New exciting game for the Crystal Palace game: guess the post-match quote after we lose with only 1 shot on target:1. It''s hard to take because we deserved more than we got2. We''ll learn our lessons and move on to the next game3. Hopefully we''ll get a reaction to this in our next game4. There a top side regardless of their league position and it''s always a tough place to come.[/quote]Yes, they''re all general platitudes. Why does he use them? Because the alternative is to go into where our players have failed in a public forum. He does it to best preserve the morale of his team in disappointing circumstances. I think it''s a very wise media strategy personally.

[quote user="djc"][quote user="Surfer"]Wow. Get out of the wrong side of bed did we ?

Today we had 15 shots to their 7 and 8 corners to their 4…[/quote]

And 0 goals to their 1.

And 0 points to their 3.[/quote]Yet when we win, it''s always ''we were poor and got lucky'' or ''they were on the beach''. One wonders why you''re not inclined to take the view that it was them who got lucky on this occasion.

We outplayed them for 20 minutes. The first 15 minutes they bossed it having 154 passes to our 54. That''s a fact.

We then had our spell having 7 attempts to there 0. Dare I say, second half united were comfortable restricting us to 3 long range efforts.

People that think we outplayed united are exaggerating a bit

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Surfer"]Wow. Get out of the wrong side of bed did we ? Today we had 15 shots to their 7 and 8 corners to their 4…[/quote]Don''t confuse people with the facts. There are many on here who have problems with awkward things like facts.[/quote]

You want facts Clappy?

[/quote]Wiz "manning up" to Ricardo is like Piers Morgan trying to pick a fight with Bank Ki-Moon.