Sign in to follow this  

Please save us Malky!

Find some of the negativity to him strange. As a manager he has achieved more than Lambert has managed.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Norwich home record this seasonP9 W3 D3 L3 F10 A10Cardiff home record this seasonP9 W3 D2 L4 F8 A13

Norwich away record this seasonP9 W2 D1 L6 F6 A21Cardiff away record this seasonP9 W1 D3 L5 F5 A15

So you want to swap for a manager whose team, compared to Norwich City, have:Won as many games at homeScored fewer points at homeScored fewer goals at homeConceded more goals at homeScored fewer goals away from homeScored fewer points away from home

I think you''ll need to talk us through your thought process on this one please.[/quote]Still waiting, Wiz.  How will Malky "save" us?

----------Mister Chops-----------------

Norwich home record this season

P9 W3 D3 L3 F10 A10

Cardiff home record this season

P9 W3 D2 L4 F8 A13

Norwich away record this season

P9 W2 D1 L6 F6 A21

Cardiff away record this season

P9 W1 D3 L5 F5 A15

So you want to swap for a manager

Still waiting, Wiz.  How will Malky "save" us?

---------------------------------------------

Quite possibly the dumbest argument I have ever seen. Why on earth did Everton hire Martinez? Or indeed Liverpool Rodgers.

The simple fact is these are dissimilar clubs. Cardiff only recently won promotion as champions, after making the play-offs and a cup final appearance in their previous seasons, we are now premiership regulars in our third season.

If you think we are on a par with recently promoted Cardiff, it only goes to show how good a job Mackay has done, and how bad a job Hughton and NCFC have done.

Lets compare him to the Lambert Mr Chops.

Lambert won League 1, second in the Championship then 12th place PL finish before moving to Villa and failing to pull up any trees.

Malky in his first season at Cardiff got to the Championship play offs and were runners up in the League cup only losing to Liverpool on penalties in the final.

In his second season he won championship and this season his team were never in the bottom three in his time there.

Stands up pretty well against both Lambert and Hughton for me. Not saying it would work though but who knows.

Malky would be more of the same. I would like to see at least one decent game this season.

AVB for me, at least we would see a team trying to play football, God knows what I''m watching at the moment.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]----------Mister Chops-----------------

Norwich home record this season

P9 W3 D3 L3 F10 A10

Cardiff home record this season

P9 W3 D2 L4 F8 A13

Norwich away record this season

P9 W2 D1 L6 F6 A21

Cardiff away record this season

P9 W1 D3 L5 F5 A15

So you want to swap for a manager

Still waiting, Wiz.  How will Malky "save" us?

---------------------------------------------

Quite possibly the dumbest argument I have ever seen. Why on earth did Everton hire Martinez? Or indeed Liverpool Rodgers.

The simple fact is these are dissimilar clubs. Cardiff only recently won promotion as champions, after making the play-offs and a cup final appearance in their previous seasons, we are now premiership regulars in our third season.

If you think we are on a par with recently promoted Cardiff, it only goes to show how good a job Mackay has done, and how bad a job Hughton and NCFC have done.[/quote]I don''t think we''re on a par with Cardiff, and - more importantly - neither does the league table as evidenced by Cardiff''s record being worse than ours both at home and away.  Throw in some spending on some dubious signings, and complaints about their negative and boring style from their own supporters (I suppose at least he''d be used to that) and you have the reasons why I think replacing Hughton with Mackay would be borderline mental.

Another point on Malky - he won the Championship with heavy financial backing and the best squad in the division.  Precisely the same reason trotted out to discredit Hughton''s winning it with Newcastle United.  You can''t have it both ways.

----------Mister Chops----------

I don''t think we''re on a par with Cardiff, and - more importantly - neither does the league table as evidenced by Cardiff''s record being worse than ours both at home and away.  Throw in some spending on some dubious signings, and complaints about their negative and boring style from their own supporters (I suppose at least he''d be used to that) and you have the reasons why I think replacing Hughton with Mackay would be borderline mental.

--------------------------------------

Yep we are 2 points better off than Cardiff! Wow...

Dubious signings? Look no further than our £8.5 million quid man.

But I do agree, I don''t think we should be looking at Mackay as a replacement. There again, if we fall into the situation where Hughton does leave, it is likely we will be in the drop zone so might not have a lot to choose from.

I will hand it to Southampton, they certainly knew what they were doing when they fired Adkins.

The baby faced assassin OGS would be my choice if CH and his 2 henchmen were to be released from their coaching duties.

Snatch OGS from under the nostrils of Cardiff or WBA.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The baby faced assassin OGS would be my choice if CH and his 2 henchmen were to be released from their coaching duties.

Snatch OGS from under the nostrils of Cardiff or WBA.....[/quote]Based on what though?Get past his exploits as a player, he is currently managing at a level that I would compare to Championship at best.I think we should be looking at better than untried up and comers.

[quote user="Wiz"]Theres a lot of Hughton lovers worried atm.[:D][/quote]

I am not by any means a "Hughton lover" as you put it, but would I keep Hughton here over sacking him and appointing Malky Mackay? YES every day of the bloody week! Malky is a very limited manager who hasn''t achieved as much as some of you keep banging on about! Why would we sack our own pretty limited manager and replace him with another, who''s team also play defensive, dour football? Think about it!

If we were going to sack Hughton, I''d hope for a darn slight better replacement than Malky sodding Mackay!

[quote user="Wiz"]

I''m not saying he would, I''m not saying he cound, but would we be any worse off than we are now?

Do the deals McNally.

[/quote]You answer your own question Wiz my old mate.Just to clarify your own position, while you don''t really think it would make much difference, we should spend the required money to buy a manager out of his contract and sack him. We should then hire a different manager who, by your own admission, is probably no better than the one we have.You''re not making a very good argument.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Wiz"]Theres a lot of Hughton lovers worried atm.[:D][/quote]

I am not by any means a "Hughton lover" as you put it, but would I keep Hughton here over sacking him and appointing Malky Mackay? YES every day of the bloody week! Malky is a very limited manager who hasn''t achieved as much as some of you keep banging on about! Why would we sack our own pretty limited manager and replace him with another, who''s team also play defensive, dour football? Think about it!

If we were going to sack Hughton, I''d hope for a darn slight better replacement than Malky sodding Mackay!

[/quote]^^^ This [Y] [Y]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Yep we are 2 points better off than Cardiff![/quote]Indeed but we''re still above them.  We''re only a point below Swansea but on another thread you were quite keen to point out they were above us, not quite so keen to point out there''s only a point in it though.  Funny that.

It is just a matter of time before he goes. He is grasping onto his job with his finger nails and we need to have a plan b in place.

Most fans have turned it is only the most deluded like LDC and Morty who think that he is doing a fine job

Ideally the Messiah back but if that can''t happen then Malky one of the hottest managerial properties and an ex city legend is a good alternative

The fact about Hughton that has me thinking he''s not the man is this.

We had a striker that consistently bagged a hat full of goals for us in every level he played at….until Hughton.

We have proven goal scorers in the team now, but not under Hughton they don''t.

We have players quite capable of creating chances for our strikers, but it doesn''t happen.

We are slow, we don''t make it easy for the player on the ball, no one makes a run.

We play more like a Fussball team than a football team, that has got to be down to manager tactics.

No one is enjoying what''s going on, fans or players.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mello Yello"]The baby faced assassin OGS would be my choice if CH and his 2 henchmen were to be released from their coaching duties. Snatch OGS from under the nostrils of Cardiff or WBA.....[/quote]

Based on what though?

Get past his exploits as a player, he is currently managing at a level that I would compare to Championship at best.

I think we should be looking at better than untried up and comers.
[/quote]

What were Paul Lambert''s actual credentials when our CE appointed him apart from his side giving Bryan Gunn''s 1st eleven a good drubbing?

Actually, Villa approached OGS last season before appointing Lambert after the Norge declined the offer......Two other Prem sides are interested in appointing OGS, why are these clubs interested in a ''based on what'' championship equivalent two-bit ex Man Utd player turned coach?

There''s obviously something about OGS that has attracted the interest of Premiership Clubs.....Incidentally, whilst you''re quick to discount and criticise my personal choice of a CH replacement - who would be your choice to replace CH if he was unfortunately relieved of his duties?

[quote user="noeyedear"]The fact about Hughton that has me thinking he''s not the man is this.

We had a striker that consistently bagged a hat full of goals for us in every level he played at….until Hughton.

We have proven goal scorers in the team now, but not under Hughton they don''t.

We have players quite capable of creating chances for our strikers, but it doesn''t happen.

We are slow, we don''t make it easy for the player on the ball, no one makes a run.

We play more like a Fussball team than a football team, that has got to be down to manager tactics.

No one is enjoying what''s going on, fans or players.[/quote]But do you think Malky Mackay is the answer?

------Graham Humphrey-------

Indeed but we''re still above them.  We''re only a point below Swansea but on another thread you were quite keen to point out they were above us, not quite so keen to point out there''s only a point in it though.  Funny that.

---------------------------------------

Yes exactly. 2 points above recently promoted Cardiff who just sacked their manager. I don''t like to comment too much on Swansea given their Europa league appearances which hinders their league form.

[quote user="Waveney canary"]It is just a matter of time before he goes. He is grasping onto his job with his finger nails and we need to have a plan b in place.

Most fans have turned it is only the most deluded like LDC and Morty who think that he is doing a fine job

Ideally the Messiah back but if that can''t happen then Malky one of the hottest managerial properties and an ex city legend is a good alternative[/quote]

Morty may be demented for all I know, but I have never said CH is doing a fine job. My opinion is that he is struggling to get the best out of the team given the pressure of the league, bedding in new players while getting injuries to key players at different times. That is no reason to want to get rid of him as any manager in our situation is going to have similar difficulties. Time will tell, but we are better off being patient and giving our support to him than thinking the grass is greener elsewhere - because, it usually isn''t.

You also said that malky would never manage a pl club again on this thread ricardo, yet this morning he seems to be odds on for the west brom job. People spout this nonsense because this is a message board and that is what it''s for.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]------Graham Humphrey-------

Indeed but we''re still above them.  We''re only a point below Swansea but on another thread you were quite keen to point out they were above us, not quite so keen to point out there''s only a point in it though.  Funny that.

---------------------------------------

Yes exactly. 2 points above recently promoted Cardiff who just sacked their manager. I don''t like to comment too much on Swansea given their Europa league appearances which hinders their league form.[/quote]It''s funny how Birmingham City never had their form hindered by Europa League football back in 2011/12. They still managed the playoffs in the Championship after their chairman sold off most of their squad after relegation.Whoever managed them back then must be decent to be able to do something the great Laudrup can''t.(By the way, I don''t agree with anything I''ve said above. I''m just using this as an example to why your statement about Swansea above is ridiculous. You can''t remove them from your argument just because they''re in the Europa League.)

-------------The ghost of Michael Theoklitos-----------

It''s funny how Birmingham City never had their form hindered by Europa League football back in 2011/12. They still managed the playoffs in the Championship after their chairman sold off most of their squad after relegation. Whoever managed them back then must be decent to be able to do something the great Laudrup can''t. (By the way, I don''t agree with anything I''ve said above. I''m just using this as an example to why your statement about Swansea above is ridiculous. You can''t remove them from your argument just because they''re in the Europa League.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I don''t remove them from any argument, they are in as much trouble as us. LIke us they have a stronger squad than most of the crap sides in the lower half so I think they and us will be fine.

I just think that they have improved as a side where we have not. And this is with extra problems to contend with like the Europa League, and having their best players pinched.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-------------The ghost of Michael Theoklitos-----------

It''s funny how Birmingham City never had their form hindered by Europa League football back in 2011/12. They still managed the playoffs in the Championship after their chairman sold off most of their squad after relegation. Whoever managed them back then must be decent to be able to do something the great Laudrup can''t. (By the way, I don''t agree with anything I''ve said above. I''m just using this as an example to why your statement about Swansea above is ridiculous. You can''t remove them from your argument just because they''re in the Europa League.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I don''t remove them from any argument, they are in as much trouble as us. LIke us they have a stronger squad than most of the crap sides in the lower half so I think they and us will be fine.

I just think that they have improved as a side where we have not. And this is with extra problems to contend with like the Europa League, and having their best players pinched.[/quote]Sorry, I don''t want to start an argument, but having their best players pinched?1) Joe Allen (A season-and-a-half ago).2) Scott Sinclair (A season-and-a-half ago).3) ????????

[quote user="JF"]You also said that malky would never manage a pl club again on this thread ricardo, yet this morning he seems to be odds on for the west brom job. People spout this nonsense because this is a message board and that is what it''s for.[/quote]

Ha Ha, it will never happen, even WBA aren''t that stupid.

--------------The ghost of Michael Theoklitos-------------

1) Joe Allen (Last Season) £15 millon

2) Scott Sinclair (Last season) £8 million

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some important players poached to contend with. We haven''t had any of our stars pinched (yet). Long may it continue.

Does anybody really believe that Hughton is likely to lose his job imminently?
And is there actually a possible managerial appointment out there that is going to make a watershed difference?

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Does anybody really believe that Hughton is likely to lose his job imminently?
And is there actually a possible managerial appointment out there that is going to make a watershed difference?
[/quote]No  andNo

------Sussexyellow-------

Does anybody really believe that Hughton is likely to lose his job imminently?

---------------------------------

No and Yes, probably, but not from a position in the relegation zone.