Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Changing Our Colours

I think the time has come to move away from Yellow and Green.

Yellow is optimistic and cheerful. However it can also suggest impatience, criticism and cowardice.

Green is the color of growth, i can mean envy and possessiveness as a negative, among many other meanings.

However, and speaking frankly, the whole yellow/green combination is camp and effeminate and probably stems from having a woman running the club and Stephen Fry in the boardroom.

We need to be seen as mean, aggressive and "in your face" and you just can''t do that when you are dressed like a children''s entertainer.

I want to suggest black shirts, red shorts and black/red socks. Black for death, red for danger and blood.

Who''s with me?

Yeah. Black shirts. Some red bands on our arms and maybe some silver flashes on our collars. Might even change our badge to a version of St. Pauli''s. That would scare the oppo.

Let''s play all in black and come onto the field wearing cowls or cloaks as a tribute to Wiz. Perhaps we could sacrifice a virgin before kickoff too.Then to make the homage complete we could change back to yellow and green for the following game, then black for the one after that and so on.

[quote user="Herman "]Yeah. Black shirts. Some red bands on our arms and maybe some silver flashes on our collars. Might even change our badge to a version of St. Pauli''s. That would scare the oppo.[/quote]

Yeah! We could use the skeleton of a canary to make us look hard....On second thoughts......................

Surely it should either be to change to a blue shirt,  or white?   with the theme of tame surrender to relegation?   Blue for Tahn, Italy and France who all famously give up at the first sign of a threat