Sign in to follow this  
treacletown07

Two little man ures kicked out from Aviva stand

There were 3 in the Upper Barclay as well, sat there the entire game not saying anything.

When the match was over I heard them taking about the goal...not Manc accents so clearly more of the plastic fans that team has.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Which one is "the Aviva stand"?[/quote]Before you received the real answer, Lapp, I was going to suggest it''s when they offer you a life insurance policy worth a song as long as you pay premiums sufficient to fill the hit parade. [:D]

The younger one in the aviva was particularly arrogant which goes with the territory.

The home fans barracked him until the stewards acted.They refused to move initially and couldnt see what they had done wrong.

I presume the club will check who bought those tickets and take the necessary actionrather than the recent huffing and puffing in the press, that doesn''t seem to have achieved much at all

What''s your problem treacletown?

The idea that opposing fans shouldn''t be allowed to mix is ludicrous.

As long as you weren''t wishing you could get away with attacking them I don''t see the problem.

You weren''t, were you?

I work within a mile of Old Trafford. Should I be banned from working amongst Manchester United fans? If so 3 of the people who work for me had better stay at home. Along with the 2 Man City fans who have been rubbing it in for weeks. They are all human, not manure or manshit by the way, and none of them are arrogant.

Luckily my boss is a Norwich Academy man (as I often remind him), or Leeds as he prefers to call it.... It helps lighten things up a bit.

If some of our fans have passed on tickets to opposing fans that''s not ideal - but who knows how it came about?

Perhaps the "two little man ures" of whom you speak were nephews of a couple of our season ticket holders, getting a rare chance to see an away game. There''s all sorts of possibilities.

Live and let live why don''t you?

"The idea that opposing fans shouldn''t be allowed to mix is ludicrous."that is not the point, the position of the club (and other clubs) on this matter is clear and those two would have been well aware of that position

"There''s all sorts of possibilities."

so why not try to find out the truth before posting up some conjured up nonsense to defend their actions ?

Back to reality now. There are plenty of signs in and around the ground about the removal of away fans in home areas and has been well published In the press. It is a policy that many football clubs have adopted. The issue was celebrating the goal and not stopping when asked by other fans. They gave the stewards no choice but to remove them for their own safety. They would havebeen ok if they hadnt celebrated the goal. Not knowing the rules is ignorance.

There was a knife incident outside the jarrold after the game which was dealt with by the police. It isnt clear if it was a man ure or norwich fan but I would rather the police deal with it with horses than the stewards inside the ground.

But it highlights the importance of segregation and why away fabs must not be inflammatory in home areas.

The good thing about this is that as far as you could tell there were only 2 Man Ure fans in the whole of the home section of the Jarrold. (There may have been some who didn''t celebrate when they scored) but to have only two celebrating in that whole area is a big improvement on previous years.

Or does segragation encourage a more confrontational and reactionary crowd?    making it a self perpetuating problem?  

I remember sitting with my grandfather in the upper river end surrounded by a set of mike droy chelsea type fans,  great banter rarely safer days.  He passed away in the 80s so was at the very height of the hooligan problems.  

Or the villa cup game last season when the pair in front of me in the lower river end were villa fans.   Who happen to be city season ticket holders as they have lived here for decades - how do we treat them sat in their usual seats??? 

Strange sport football,  intolerant of genuine fans mingling,  yet tolerant of cheating & foul and abusive behaviour both on and off the terraces, with the authorities not allowing standing or drinking in sight of the pitch even from corporate areas.  Such a screwed up opinion of itself.