Sign in to follow this  
djc

Transfer window.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]A cheeky bid for Huddlestone.....I think we once had him on our ''interested'' radar.....[/quote]I always rated him, but questioned his attitude and fitness.Jury is still out for me.

- Centre back to play beside Ryan Bennett, with Bassong and Turner providing competition. I felt we should''ve signed Steven Caulker in the summer.

A winger who can actually cross the ball. I''d like to see us bring in Zaha on loan.

A striker. I''ve heard rumours that Danny Ings will come in with ''Unlucky Luciano'' going the other way. I''d be happy with that. If not Ings, I''d back a move for Jordan Rhodes.

I''m surprised no one''s really made more of Heitinga wanting out of Everton, I think he''d be an excellent signing. Yes he''s getting on a little bit, but he''s got bags of experience at the highest levels (85 international caps for Holland and 137 for Everton while still being very much in favour there up until the beginning of this season.)

He''s confident playing at both CB and CDM, two key positions in which we currently lack stability, and he''ll be looking to secure his place on the plane for the WC so the incentive to give 100% for us would be there every game he plays.

Wages may be a slight issue, but I reckon even in January we could secure him for around 3-4 mil...

He ticks the vast majority of boxes for me.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Scott Brown at Celtic. Not a bad leader if that''s what we want. Poor footballer though, in my opinion.[/quote]On that logic its a pity that lad Hitler isn''t available.[;)]

I for one hope we dont make to many signings and once again have a team of players who haven''t played with each other. Imo we have a good group of player''s who can see us through to next season and beyond. I would love to see Wes and Hooper play upfront together more as from what I saw yesterday they linked up really well and had an understanding from forward players I havent seen here in a while ! I hope we dont break this up and bring in a BETTER player

With the experience that his father had in building his reputation at a ''smaller'' top club (West Ham) I am sure we would be ideal for Tom Ince.

Too many good, younger players (Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bertrand etc.) will see their careers ruined by being at top clubs.

Paul Ince obviously saw this and advised against the big money move in the summer (Liverpool wasn''t it?).

Now would be a good time for him to move to a Premiership club that would give him game time and the chance to enhance his reputation.

A move for Tom Ince would suit us nicely and be an ideal move for him.

Last i heard Tom Ince was silly money...prima donna too. No thanks, and who''d want his eejit of a self named guv''nor dad strolling around CR, giving out every time his son is tackled,subbed or god forbid,not even named on team sheet. Big Time Charlie.

I think Joey Barton would be a good cheap option for experienced ball winning midfielder who can pass the ball,

Chris Martin from Derby. Scored 15 goals this season and is an intelligent player that can pick a pass and not only score goals but create for our strikers as well. Could well be the ideal long term replacement we have been looking for in Wes''s position.

Strong defensive midfielder who can take control of the game, dictate play and keep our defensive line up also pass. We really should have gone for Huddlestone, someone like him would be perfect. We need a significant upgrade on Tetty here

Winger on loan from a top club, I wouldn''t want to spend any money here because we have 4 already but Snodgrass has been poor and Redmond badly needs a rest!

Those two are priorities for me. I don''t know how much money we have available but if we have enough left over we should also look for an upgrade on Wes. We need quality here so it may be better to wait until summer to get the best player we can.

Would like to see Heitinga here. Bags of experience to help sure up a leaky defence, and would be great for Fer too.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]- Centre back to play beside Ryan Bennett, with Bassong and Turner providing competition.  [/quote]

So you want to replace both our Player of the Season and Players'' Player of the Season with a guy who hasn''t been good enough to establish himself as first choice in the 2 years he''s been at the club and an unknown player.

Unless that unknown player is someone like Kompany or Pique I think I''d prefer to stick with Bassong and Turner (the 2 best defenders at the club).

Not sure who, but we desperately need a leader on the pitch, and someone who gives a shit. We need a quality winger, Snodgrass has become a liability, .Midfield would be fine if Tettey, Howson and Fer stayed fit but with Johnson in we have another liabilityA striker to replace RVWA whole set of coaching/management staff

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]- Centre back to play beside Ryan Bennett, with Bassong and Turner providing competition.  [/quote]

So you want to replace both our Player of the Season and Players'' Player of the Season with a guy who hasn''t been good enough to establish himself as first choice in the 2 years he''s been at the club and an unknown player.

Unless that unknown player is someone like Kompany or Pique I think I''d prefer to stick with Bassong and Turner (the 2 best defenders at the club).

[/quote]I also think Bennet is equally as good as the other 2

It may depend on the injury situation - how long Howson is out or how soon Tettey returns. CH has already said that he would be content to soldier on with what he has, if necessary.

It will also depend on the confidence of the board. If they panic, they might be prepared to go into debt. Otherwise I don''t think that the kitty is very large, - certainly not large enough to sign two or three excellent established players at January price levels.

2 must have, 1 nice to haves

We desparately need another def midfielder -  we know Tettey is out for another 6 weeks and we have no cover for BJ,  esp with Howsons current back injury our midfield options are severely depleted

Secondly we need a creative cm.   Wes showed on sat what he is capable of but the manager does not seem to want to persevere with him.  As well as fer and howson have been playing neither are creating enough good chances for the strikers (2 assists from Fer to Hooper away at Watford & WBA about it) - for me this lack of incisive passing is what we are missing.  If these three could deliver its not needed.  Our continued lack of goals is our main concern

We must strengthen our midfield further,  too often players are anonymous, off form or lacking movement, and its the essential area of the pitch,  and we simply dont have options.   All our poor performances have come for the centre mid being either overrun or poor.

We are still short of cb options and signing a new first team starter in the summer is essential,  if we can get one in jan then all good too. 

Finally - give the players a chance,   the criticisms of RvW, Pilks, Redmond etc etc over the recent weeks is just ludicrous.  We have the core of a good but inconsistent side (reminding me of the Fulham about 3-4 years ago,  capable but never quite sure which one turns up!)  it will come.

i would like to see Tim Cahill on loan, stories online say he will be loaned to a premiership club for 6 months to keep his fitness up for the American season.

even at 34/35? he can still do a job at this level and could steady the ship for us.

Defoe wants out of Spurs and they want to sell for approx £5/6m. At 31 years old he''s still a better bet for finding the back of the net than anybody we have now.Forget the MLS rumours, he wants to be on that plane to Brazil and if we don''t go for him then Wetspam will and secure their P/L place into the bargain.

I disagree on defoe,  not international class but at prem level he is a level above Hooper.    However defoe would get no more chances than hoops or rvw with current midfield creativity and his age means its too short term an investment and given the right amo think our two summer signings will click.

As far as Tom Ince is concerned I dont think we are the right club for him.  He is a talented player but we already have a strong selection of wide players,  with Redmond & Murphy all capable of serious improvement alongside the prefered and more experienced snodgrass pilkington & bennett.

Prem experience is also something we are struggling with so I would not want to add to this at the mo.   Fer, Redmond, RvW, Olsson, Murphy, & Hooper are all adapting to prem league demands for the first time,  and it shows in their inconsistency.   Adding another young potential talent seems unnecessary when its does not solve either of our key areas to improve.