Cleverley should not be anywhere near the england squad and is proof positive of the big club bias.   Howson is probably better than him, but if playing for manure would be capped by now too... and I dont think he is international class either. 

I actually rate Cleverley, am I the only one.....and also feel that Howson if he keeps the form up until the end of the season and subject to maybe some injuries could be in with an outside chance of getting in the England squad. But, yes, there has alwasy been bias towards players at the "big clubs" to some degree, and will never change.

Interviewed on Radio 5 on Sunday, Roy Hodgson mentioned about the possibility of players coming through as the season progresses - and mentioned Nathan Redmond in that context, so I don''t think Roy is quite so head up the ar*e as some England managers.    Howson may have the potential, but needs to show it on a regular basis and score a few goals too, to have any chance.   If Hooper carries on scoring, he will surely be in with a shout too.

I think Cleverly getting England caps is probably more down to their being a lack of quality English players and the current focus we have on trying to bring through young players.

He''s not international class in my opinion, but who goes ahead of him? Maybe not so much now, with people like Barkley shining, but a season or two ago, how many good young English central midfielders were there playing in teams outside of the top 4-6 sides anyway?