Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Look East sports report

Look East''s sport has always been: a) massively pro-Ipswich and b) absolutely awful. I gave up years ago when Shaun Peel used to use the sport as a platform to get as many awful puns as he could into 45 seconds covering 8 clubs.

Anglia Sport is not much better, can''t remember his name but he can''t read the auto cue and constantly makes elementary mistakes.

It really boils my you know what ''re look east coverage. Up here in north east they give Newcastle,Sunderland and Middlesbrough really good coverage as well as Hartlepool and even Gateshead. Maybe it''s the old hotbed of football thing, I don''t know but maybe if the media gave the Anglian team''s a bit more coverage we wouldn''t have to worry about where the next local hero was gonna come from cos more young uns would see their local teams being focussed on more. There never seems to be a shortage of north east footballers coming through. All I am saying is that by the media bugging up all of our local teams it makes them more attractive to the youth. Norwich,s future players maybe but more important their future fans

[quote user="canarycop"]It really boils my you know what ''re look east coverage. Up here in north east they give Newcastle,Sunderland and Middlesbrough really good coverage as well as Hartlepool and even Gateshead. Maybe it''s the old hotbed of football thing, I don''t know but maybe if the media gave the Anglian team''s a bit more coverage we wouldn''t have to worry about where the next local hero was gonna come from cos more young uns would see their local teams being focussed on more. There never seems to be a shortage of north east footballers coming through. All I am saying is that by the media bugging up all of our local teams it makes them more attractive to the youth. Norwich,s future players maybe but more important their future fans[/quote]

The BBC North East programme is titled  "BBC North East and Cumbria".   I''ve given up watching it as in the ten years I''ve been up here, you are lucky if Cumbria gets a mention once a week.  Its all who has been assaulted here, who has been murdered there, always in the large cities in the North East.  By the time they get to the football I am thoroughly put off and have a poor view of life and what goes on "over there".    I look in on Look East on free-sat quite frequently, but not much better there.  Never seems to be much about Norwich on there, football or otherwise.

Yeah, Can''t argue with your comments too much. All I am saying is that the passion up here is shared by the media. I don''t seem to get that from down in ....... my home and God''s country .... Norfolk. I have been up here 30 years and still count Norfolk as home but feel I am more passionate than our local media.