Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

NCFC have not renewed SKY television in Stadium

Cant believe the club have removed SKY TV considering how much money comes through the door off SKY.

The club has signed up to BT Sports though

Cost cutting gone over board, a business our size, with as close to guranteed income as a business can get is almost expected to have borrowings.

I would like to call this the thin edge of the wedge, unfortunately it is not and services are being cut back elsewhere, alienating supporters who pay a lot of their hard earned to support the club. If the cost of going to the game came down to reflect the cuts then OK.

It doesn''t stop at matchday either, there have been cuts elsewhere that leave a bad taste in the mouths of the army of people who support the club day in day out.

Signing up to BT sports is logical. The vast majority of Premier League early kick-offs (12:45 PM) are on BT sports, Sky have the later kick-offs (17:30). If most home games take place at 15:00, surely it makes sense to subscribe to the side that will offer pre-match football?

sensible budgeting/cost cutting. also a very strong sign they started preparing for the championship long ago (i do believe mcnally stated the plan of city being a yoyo club at some point in the not so distant past)going down and clueless chris will be in charge to bring us back up

prudence/ambition and all that, its ok ,cause the owners make a decent profit

Well perhaps we all have to make cutbacks. These are difficult times. Maybe the club is being realistic and facing up to the drop at the end of the season brought about by poor player purchases and lack of management ability on the field. One has to remember that the financial guys at the club have planned for a drop in their budgets and said so at the AGM,

I made a cutback this year by not renewing my membership of the Gunn Club. It was not just the membership cost but the price of the beer, the cake and the pot of tea. I also could not understand why the Club was closed during the game so preventing those of us who found the cold on the terraces just too much. On that point I watched the Man U game at my local pub instead of using my season ticket. It was warm, comfy, a very good pint and excelent company from Norwich supporters. I also had a turkey roll as good as anything I have ever had at the Club and cheaper too by far.

On the subject of the game I personally feel that we could have won it if  Hooper had stayed on the pitch instead of bringing Rip van Twinkle on and if our goal keeper had stayed between his goal posts. But then what do I know about the game after watching the Canaries for 35 years and more.

Someone should tell them a good streaming site, save them a fortune.

"Phillip J Fry"

Signing up to BT sports is logical. The vast majority of Premier League early kick-offs (12:45 PM) are on BT sports, Sky have the later kick-offs (17:30). If most home games take place at 15:00, surely it makes sense to subscribe to the side that will offer pre-match football?

That sounds sensible to me. I presume BT costs as well.

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 2013-12-30 9:32 AM:

OMG they will be changing the Pie supplier next.....shocking, absolutely shocking!

Having purchased one if the said pies at the manure match they should change the supplier, the Cook responsible for making it, and those attempting to keep it hot prior to serving - it was awful! Like NCFC nil points!

Sounds sensible, I usually go straight out on the terrace anyway so doesn''t bother me

Sausage rolls are a disgrace along with the rip off cost of tea etc. With £68m TV money you''d think they could treat supporters with a bit more respect.

[quote user="Wiz"]I often have lunch in Yellows, so no Sky will pi*s me off somewhat.[/quote]

dear old Billy Liar ..... only a little while back he was telling us he did not attend games as he could not afford itor was in a wheelchair, but happily was able to climb the stairs to sit in the Barclay

ps any photos of you with that cat ?

[quote user="Herman "]"Phillip J Fry"

That sounds sensible to me. I presume BT costs as well.[/quote]Don''t know how it works for businesses but residential BT customers get BT Sport free as part of their Broadband package

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Wiz"]I often have lunch in Yellows, so no Sky will pi*s me off somewhat.[/quote]

dear old Billy Liar ..... only a little while back he was telling us he did not attend games as he could not afford it

or was in a wheelchair, but happily was able to climb the stairs to sit in the Barclay

[/quote]

Did I say who paid Pompous?................disengage mouth Pompous..............engage brain.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Wiz"]I often have lunch in Yellows, so no Sky will pi*s me off somewhat.[/quote]

dear old Billy Liar ..... only a little while back he was telling us he did not attend games as he could not afford itor was in a wheelchair, but happily was able to climb the stairs to sit in the Barclay

[/quote]see you have changed your signature Mr P can you bring back  winding up the Pompous since 2006 ? that used to give me a guaranteed smile every time i saw it...especially as you didn''t seem to realise you were the most pompous poster on here... and now you have gone to winding up mr weirdo ?  it appears that irony is lost on you Mr P and what with you having superior intelligence to everyone else on here that does suprise me somewhat ...still nobody is perfect i suppose  [:D]

@BobertThe amount of time you have spent watching the game holds no relevance if you haven''t been understanding it. I abhor the attitude of ''I''ve been watching football longer than you and therefore know more about it'' It has ZERO substance or justification in argument so leave it out.''Rip van Twinkle'' (oh dear) was a like for like off the shoulder striker change for a player who wanted to come off. If Hooper had stayed on and torn his clearly tightened hamstring you''d look a right toolbox as a manager.and what? You think Ruddy shouldn''t have committed himself to come for that ball? What was he supposed to do, stand on the line and give Welbeck a free ''moving penalty?''. If anyone''s at fault it''s Bennett for a rash clearance when he should have stepped over the ball and played it out of play or back to Ruddy.

Christ, I need a long lie down

wasn''t it announced that a certain amount of money from every Premiership club should be given to the fans ?It''s paid for free away travel to some grounds, unfortunately it seems to be give with one hand and take away with the other !  

If anybody needs a TV screen before a match that badly then maybe they would be better off staying at home and watching it.   Too much staring at a screen hoping to be entertained is spilling across to matches - too much semi-comatose just sitting there thinking "go on  then, entertain me".  No wonder the atmosphere is so dull these days.   People are anaesthetised by too much passive viewing and have forgotten how to get involved.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]If anybody needs a TV screen before a match that badly then maybe they would be better off staying at home and watching it.   Too much staring at a screen hoping to be entertained is spilling across to matches - too much semi-comatose just sitting there thinking "go on  then, entertain me".  No wonder the atmosphere is so dull these days.   People are anaesthetised by too much passive viewing and have forgotten how to get involved.  

[/quote]

Please tell me this is a tongue in cheek post somebody.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 30/12/2013 9:21 PM:

If anybody needs a TV screen before a match that badly then maybe they would be better off staying at home and watching it. Too much staring at a screen hoping to be entertained is spilling across to matches - too much semi-comatose just sitting there thinking "go on then, entertain me". No wonder the atmosphere is so dull these days. People are anaesthetised by too much passive viewing and have forgotten how to get involved.

Presumably that doesn''t apply to you LDC!

it matters little who supposedly paid, as you are still a liarmaybe you have photos of that catstill nice to see you have mr weirdo and the man of many names trying to stick up for you best not to put too much strain on the former either as he might have another breakdown and start ranting on here at 7am on a Sunday Morning

ps why not tell us all where you left your wheelchair when you walked up the stairs to sit in the Barclay ?pps do you still record Look East every lunchtime as you claimed ?