Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

is this forum even bothered with anymore?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Is it moderated? Will there be an update to the software?

Do archant care?[/quote]1. Only when someone pushes the "tell teacher" button.2. No.3. No.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Is it moderated? Will there be an update to the software?

Do archant care?[/quote]
I thought the penny would''ve dropped by now.  This is a little corner of the web where the natural dregs accumulate.  And Archant keeps it open as a social experiment, ie a kind of online Big Brother thing. 
The only draw back with that is Mr P Mainwaring thinks he can vote people off the boards on his own.

Does Archant make any money from it? Probably not. The large ads may help subsidise it but not enough to pay for a full time moderator. So I can''t see what they get out of it, bar a headache.

[quote user="Herman "]Does Archant make any money from it? Probably not. The large ads may help subsidise it but not enough to pay for a full time moderator. So I can''t see what they get out of it, bar a headache.[/quote]It takes no running whatsoever, only when someone pushes the report button. They frequently use it as part of stories they write, basically they are getting fans opinions for free, at the click of a button.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]The pinkun is the most visited of all the Archant websites... it''s a gold mine if they use it properly...[/quote]
You''ve answered your own 3rd question.