Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Interesting to see this pop up out of nowhere

"He previously led Palermo into the UEFA Cup and has developed a strong

reputation for getting the best out of smaller clubs on limited budgets,

identifying and nurturing talented young players and bringing them

through into the first team before selling them on for a profit."Little ld Norwich.  Sack the board!

[quote user="JF"]That is interesting, no smoke without fire as they say.[/quote]

Apart from on the internet, where there is plenty of smoke without fire ;)

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="JF"]That is interesting, no smoke without fire as they say.[/quote]

Apart from on the internet, where there is plenty of smoke without fire ;)[/quote]

True. However this is one of those stories that is do random that you tend to think there must be something in it.

This is to random to be idle gossip in my opinion and the fact he has denied it in the press.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="JF"]That is interesting, no smoke without fire as they say.[/quote]

Apart from on the internet, where there is plenty of smoke without fire ;)[/quote]

True. However this is one of those stories that is do random that you tend to think there must be something in it.[/quote]
If he was alleged to have been asked directly, which he has denied as pure rumour.  
Where the hell has the rumour come from in the first place?

Comes from England apparently;

Although it has often been unclear about the future, there are always rumors that concern. From England they say that there would be an interest of Norwich ...

"I just talk, it is at this time we do not need to talk. My thoughts turned to the next game, the team that currently, quite rightly, is the queen of the provincial , Verona. did not think about anything else. "

A better translation would be - "It''s just talk. Rumours we don''t need now, I''m only concentrating on the next game."

Still, had to come from somewhere...

We are told that players from abroad take time to settle down to our game. How about managers and coaches from abroad with the added bonus of not being able to speak the same language as the team ?.

Are British managers so bad that we have to look abroad ?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]A better translation would be - "It''s just talk. Rumours we don''t need now, I''m only concentrating on the next game."[/quote]Rather heartwarming to find out that supposedly sophisticated Italian managers come out with comments every bit as clichéd and banal as those of their rough-spoken British counterparts.

Why on earth would he leave a club that has narrowly missed out on CL places and had top 5 finishes in the last 5 years to join a relegation scrap here? Totally bizarre rumour. I smell BS and the club being used as a random name in England to influence something in Italy, new contract perhaps?

What wages would he be on there compared to here? And transer budget? Maybe our board have been putting some feelers out.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Why on earth would he leave a club that has narrowly missed out on CL places and had top 5 finishes in the last 5 years to join a relegation scrap here? Totally bizarre rumour. I smell BS and the club being used as a random name in England to influence something in Italy, new contract perhaps?[/quote]Based on that logic, if this manager wanted this rumour to be taken seriously in contract talks then he would have chosen a more believable club than Norwich City...[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Why on earth would he leave a club that has narrowly missed out on CL places and had top 5 finishes in the last 5 years to join a relegation scrap here? Totally bizarre rumour. I smell BS and the club being used as a random name in England to influence something in Italy, new contract perhaps?[/quote]Based on that logic, if this manager wanted this rumour to be taken seriously in contract talks then he would have chosen a more believable club than Norwich City...[:P][/quote]

Maybe its like Borat. Choose somewhere most people will know very little about, then you can use them any way you like...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Why on earth would he leave a club that has narrowly missed out on CL places and had top 5 finishes in the last 5 years to join a relegation scrap here? Totally bizarre rumour. I smell BS and the club being used as a random name in England to influence something in Italy, new contract perhaps?[/quote]Based on that logic, if this manager wanted this rumour to be taken seriously in contract talks then he would have chosen a more believable club than Norwich City...[:P][/quote]After the Quagiarella saga, I think we might be more famous in Italy than Udinese.

[quote user="JF"]That is interesting, no smoke without fire as they say.[/quote]unless you read the sun or watch sky sportswhere smoke seems about all there is

ps agents do push stories to the not too good ''journalist'' who will appreciate something to fill up the pages