Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Can you ever date an Ipswich fan?

I sort of did, she was a Tottenham fan but she was very much an Ipswich fan also.

I remember her dad phoning her and laughing about Norwich celebrating promotion from League One. It would have been difficult had I ever actually met him, I''ve always struggled to get on with Ipswich fans just because it is a pretty big obstacle.

Nowadays, I almost ''nothing'' Ipswich because they''ve been poor for so many years. I don''t think I could ever date a ''proper'' Ipswich fan just because I don''t like non-Norwich fans talking s*** about us.

Going out with a Man yoo fan from Southampton was much worse, I remember her telling me I would "never know" what it feels like to lose in the Champions League despite the fact that she had never even been to a game.

Now, I''m not saying that all marriages are unhappy, far from it. BUT.....

It''s bad enough coming home from the football after you''ve lost when your Missus doesn''t know anything about football and offers up titbits like, "It''s only a game" or "There''s always next week".

What about if she was SOOOO ignorant she was a scum supporter? Imagine, losing at home to that shower and then opening the front door, walking into the lounge to be confronted by a grinning binner!! "What was the score again love?" "Aw, better luck next time...it''s only a game..."  - You''d throw your cat at the wall and kick your tea round the living room.

Having a dirty blue and white scarf in the house, or worse still a replica shirt.

No, it makes me feel sick.

[quote user="Koreacanary"]I sort of did, she was a Tottenham fan but she was very much an Ipswich fan also.

I remember her dad phoning her and laughing about Norwich celebrating promotion from League One. It would have been difficult had I ever actually met him, I''ve always struggled to get on with Ipswich fans just because it is a pretty big obstacle.

Nowadays, I almost ''nothing'' Ipswich because they''ve been poor for so many years. I don''t think I could ever date a ''proper'' Ipswich fan just because I don''t like non-Norwich fans talking s*** about us.

Going out with a Man yoo fan from Southampton was much worse, I remember her telling me I would "never know" what it feels like to lose in the Champions League despite the fact that she had never even been to a game.[/quote]Are you twelve?

Have a romantic evening in

Wine dine soft lights etc  But suggest you both wear your respective club kits.

Then when the evening has been consumated properly, turn to her and very gently say...

That''s you like your team well and truly ............(fill in last bit!)[;)]

If she''s keen in the bedroom, perhaps you could get her to try the "Marcus Evans".That''s where you promise her the earth, buy all her possessions for a small sum of money, loan some of them back to her and sell most of the rest, all while constantly f@cking her up the ar$e.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If she''s keen in the bedroom, perhaps you could get her to try the "Marcus Evans".That''s where you promise her the earth, buy all her possessions for a small sum of money, loan some of them back to her and sell most of the rest, all while constantly f@cking her up the ar$e.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Better an Ipswich fan from Ipswich than a Chelsea or Liverpool fan from Norwich.
[/quote]

Are you really sure about that Chunky ? [:$]

Afraid so, Til. Personally I have more respect for any local fan (even those from Ipswich) than a glory-hunter. I grew up right on the border between Norfolk-Suffolk and enjoyed plenty of banter between us and Them. However this banter was reasoned and tongue-in-cheek compared to the arrogant, condescending Arsenal and Man Utd ''fans'' in my school.

It all depends on who you are dating !

[URL=http://s107.photobucket.com/user/SwindonCanary/media/1P5WICHLADIES.jpg.html][IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/SwindonCanary/1P5WICHLADIES.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]There''s a fair share of chubby munters in that lot Swindon.[/quote]

You should be in with a shot then Mr. Tilson. [:D]
[/quote]

I suppose living over The Pond in obese HQ maybe I should take notes from you then Yankee ? [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]There''s a fair share of chubby munters in that lot Swindon.[/quote]

You should be in with a shot then Mr. Tilson. [:D][/quote]

I suppose living over The Pond in obese HQ maybe I should take notes from you then Yankee ? [:P]

[/quote]

Quite agree! You''d have an even bigger shot over here. [:D]

[quote user=" Zak Van Cartman"]The bearded one keeps winking at me. [:$][/quote]Are you sure that''s not just the centre-forward doing a handstand?

I once ''dated'' a girl who lived in Ipswich. From her flat you could see Portaloo Road, and even though she reckons she wasn''t a fan I did find ITFC merchandise dotted about the place.

I quickly came to conclusion that ''dating'' is one of many things more important than football.