Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Can you ever date an Ipswich fan?

I am currently in a relationship with a very lovely woman who is unfortunately from Ipswich. After a few months of getting to know her she said she was an Ipswich Town supporter.

I''m not sure how I feel about this. I love this woman so much but I''m not sure if its possible to have a ncfc/itfc relationship.

What are your suggestions/thoughts

Of course you can. You just have to make sure if ever it becomes serious and there are children, you get to them first.

Lol. There are more important things in life than football. It wouldn''t concern me in the slightest and you have our superiority to lord over her!

Of course you can. You just have to make sure if ever it becomes serious and there are children, you get to them first.

Very good point, Ipswich supporting kids is unthinkable!

I used to go out with an Ipswich supporter back in (thinks) ''96. Yes, that was it, ''96 to err, ''99.It was never really a problem. She was less of a follower than her brother. When I was over at her family''s house, I''d hide the Ipswich mugs at the bottom of a large bag of dog biscuits !!I later went out with a Leverkusen fan. That was no problem at all; we both hated Man U and both enjoyed the fact that Bayern lost to Norwich !

[quote user="SitTee"]I am currently in a relationship with a very lovely woman who is unfortunately from Ipswich. After a few months of getting to know her she said she was an Ipswich Town supporter.

I''m not sure how I feel about this. I love this woman so much but I''m not sure if its possible to have a ncfc/itfc relationship.

What are your suggestions/thoughts[/quote]Bin ''er! [:S]

[quote user="SitTee"]I am currently in a relationship with a very lovely woman who is unfortunately from Ipswich. After a few months of getting to know her she said she was an Ipswich Town supporter.

What are your suggestions/thoughts[/quote]

If it took you a few months ( Good Lord ) to find out she''s an Ipswich supporter surely you must wonder what else she holding back. [:D]

Seriously, despite all the silliness you hear from football supporters about rival clubs, if she''s the right one for you remember that love conquers all.

."I am currently in a relationship with a very lovely woman who is

unfortunately from Ipswich. After a few months of getting to know her

she said she was an Ipswich Town supporter"From ipswich ........ and it took you a few months ?If she starts on about their ''glorious history'' then get up and walk about a bit - maybe consider some compression stockings. Whatever you do DON''T LAUGH.  They do take it deadly serious.Careful about lending any money, and keep an eye if she gets near any collection tins

ps is this her ?

[/quote]Sounds like she''s deeply in love with you if she trusts you enough with the darkest secrets of her soul.

My wife used to watch that lot regularly when she was around 13 or 14 but since we got together she''s Norwich through and through,in fact we got married at CR in 97 with me wearing the new Colmans shirt !

Slightly OT I know but I met my current partner about 3 years ago. On the day we were going to play at Poorman Road I was offered a free ticket (mate couldn''t go) I had to turn it down as I had arranged to take the lovely lady out that night.

Went to a lovely North Norfolk pub and had a fantastic meal and all the while I was trying to get an Internet signal on my phone to see the score. Anyway finished the meal and was sitting in the (crowded) lounge still trying to log on when suddenly got the connection briefly and saw 5-1!!! I let out a girly shriek of ''F**k me 5-1!!!!'' to the disgust of all the middle-aged customers. Had to go home straightaway to check it out!! Must have been a good sign as she has a season ticket as well now!!!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Number 9"]Invite Steve Wright over for afternoon tea.[/quote]If it gets him off the radio, I''m all for it.[/quote]coincidentally that is who the character Alan Partridge is based on

It''s actually quite easy to date an Ipswich fan.

Most of them can be dated back to their ''glory days'' of the late 1970''s.

Bobby Robson, UEFA Cup, Paul Mariner, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc