TIL 1010

Cardiff City Now Beyond a Joke !

Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Vanwink

Joined on 29/03/2013

Van Wolfs Winkel

Posts 2,376

Re: Malky sacked!

"Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has already established himself as one of the more colourful foreign owners in English football.

But Tan’s strange habits go a lot further than changing the club’s colours and then deciding to hate the manager – after his bizarre transfer plans were revealed.

According to reports, Tan has informed Cardiff’s board that he prefers them to buy players with the number eight in their birth date.

So for example, any player born on January 8th 1988 would be right in there with Tan, who is planning on splashing the cash on new signings in the new year.

Eight is a respected number in Malaysia, and Tan in particular has a keen likening to it, with the news coming as no surprise to those who know the Cardiff supremo closely."

Looks like the strange ways of Tan continue to surprise, or maybe not!

so any players with an 8 in the birthdate would be feworthose aged between 24-34those who are older and younger who were born in Augustthose who are older and younger who were bornon 8th, 18th, 28th of the month

which pretty much covers most players

So glad we have the owners we do. One of the things I''m most proud of about the last 5 years is that we''ve achieved so much without selling out to some callous, selfish foreign businessman using us for publicity with the ultimate goal of stripping our assets and leaving us in the sh!t once the money dries out. All in exchange for a very small portion of their wealth (much less relatively than how much the paying fans put in) to use the club as their personal play thing, undermime the manager by signing the most famous players instead of the best they can afford and turn the club into a circus like what happened at and is happening at Cardiff, Hull, QPR, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Fulham etc

These owners are the ones ruining football, they''re the reason the financial side of everything has spirled out of control and the regular fan is being priced out of games. Most people blame the TV money, but without it we wouldn''t be able to compete and football would be decided by who has the richest owner

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]So glad we have the owners we do. One of the things I''m most proud of about the last 5 years is that we''ve achieved so much without selling out to some callous, selfish foreign businessman using us for publicity with the ultimate goal of stripping our assets and leaving us in the sh!t once the money dries out. All in exchange for a very small portion of their wealth (much less relatively than how much the paying fans put in) to use the club as their personal play thing, undermime the manager by signing the most famous players instead of the best they can afford and turn the club into a circus like what happened at and is happening at Cardiff, Hull, QPR, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Fulham etc

These owners are the ones ruining football, they''re the reason the financial side of everything has spirled out of control and the regular fan is being priced out of games. Most people blame the TV money, but without it we wouldn''t be able to compete and football would be decided by who has the richest owner[/quote]Couldn''t agree more, well said[Y]

The FA supposedly have a suitability structure in place, to stop things like this happening.Yeah, thats working well.

Be interesting to know which Norwich players have an "eight" in their birthdate before you all rubbish Mr Tan. I know that if you toss a coin one hundred times it comes down 50 heads and 50 tails (or as near as damit). Most of the universe works on numbers so why not a football team?

And when they go to Man Utd on the 28th Jan and get beaten 8-0 by the Red Devils. What will he do then?

[quote user="Bobert"]Be interesting to know which Norwich players have an "eight" in their birthdate before you all rubbish Mr Tan. I know that if you toss a coin one hundred times it comes down 50 heads and 50 tails (or as near as damit). Most of the universe works on numbers so why not a football team?[/quote]

Sorry Bobert but it doesn''t, it only has a 50% chance of landing one side or the other nothing else!!! Out of a 100 throws it could have any number if different results.

Bobert wrote the following post at 31/12/2013 9:45 AM:

Try it and see what happens!

You should play roulette!

Oh Goody, a statistics question.

If you repeated the tossing of a coin for 100 times for a very long time you will get closer to the probability of each outcome...

so most times will fall into the range of 40 heads/60 tails to 60 heads/ 40 tails, but some times the result will fall outside this range, and it is possible that you could get 100 heads, or 100 tails..

and of course it is possible that you could get that outcome the first time you try it.

This an interesting analogy as results in the Premiership this season have been a bit like tossing a coin and I see no reason for that to change.

We need some points soon to pull away from the bottom three, otherwise I fear that we could find ourselves in the thick of a relegation battle.

"Eight is a respected number in Malaysia".....Really? I think what you mean is,its a lucky number for the Chinese.And before anyone jumps down my throat my wifes Malaysian with Chinese parentage,so I know my information is correct.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Anyone else thinking "Leslie Chow from The Hangover" when you see that guy and his toadies?[/quote]No, but then again I''m not racist.

Ultimate blame squarely rests with the ethically challenged Football Association whose primary remit is to regulate the sport to ensure its long-term viability. That they have consistently approved woefully inadequate individuals as meeting the "fit and proper" standards, including Cardiff''s comic book villain, Venkys and Thaksin Shinawatra, currently facing war crime charges back in Thailand, tells you all you really need to know. Everything is up for sale, no questions asked. No doubt if Pablo Escobar had survived, the Colombian drug lord would be pulling the strings at some random PL club as we speak.

Anyone else thinking "Leslie Chow from The Hangover" when you see that guy and his toadies?

No, but then again I''m not racist

If you think my question is racist, that indicates you''re the worst kind if racist. I expect better from you than being an overly sensitive, liberal guilt bully.

I''ve only seen him on tv, and never heard him talk, but based on what''s said about him, and his cheesy mustache, I can see him waving his fingers out the closing limo window.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Anyone else thinking "Leslie Chow from The Hangover" when you see that guy and his toadies?

No, but then again I''m not racist

If you think my question is racist, that indicates you''re the worst kind if racist. I expect better from you than being an overly sensitive, liberal guilt bully. [/quote]Man, all these years and you don''t know me at all.

It''s not racist to suggest a likeness to a fiction papier mache character from Greater Manchester is it? If it is then I wont post this pic.[img]http://www.comedyblog.merseyblogs.co.uk/Frank.jpg[/img]

Houston Canary wrote the following post at 31/12/2013 8:04 PM:

I know you think being overly sensitive about race makes you not racist. Trouble is, that''s exactly what it makes you.

-----------------------------------

You''re not American, by any chance?? Pure conjecture on my behalf, I know, but there''s something about your style ...

Yes I am but I grew up in western Canada to English parents so I''ve got a blend of culture clashes. There are some aspects of each with which I am familiar and appreciate but there are others that leave me on the outside looking in. For one, I just can''t give a flying fig about college sports but they are at least as important (and in many cases much more so) to Americans. I moved down here after college.

He would be mad to take the job. Why not bide your time and wait for the next offer. Turned down Villa before Lambert for this.