Sign in to follow this  
Footy Bloke

Ryan Bennett

What does the bloke have to do to stay in the side? He''s way better than Bassong and arguably as good as Turner. This is a veiw which isn''t just.mine.

Turner and Bassong are better. Surely even an uneducated person can see that.

I agree with the OP - Bennett has beren better than Bassong This season, and on merit should be in the team. But it looks like we might not have a discussion as Turner looks to have pinged his hamstring. Another first team injury.

Entirely agree, Bennett should have started, I would like him and Martin paired. Everything seems a bit of an effort for Bassong, not a fan

I''m not after a stupid argument. I just want peoples opinions. Isn''t that what football is all about? I''m obviously not a Bassong fan but that doesn''t mean I''m right!

Footy bloke - Bennett was excellent against Man Utd and played very well when he came on today.

To say that he''s "way better than Bassong" is really rather silly though.

In case you haven''t noticed Bassong has actually played rather well in the last three games.

[quote user="Footy Bloke"]I''m not after a stupid argument. I just want peoples opinions. Isn''t that what football is all about? I''m obviously not a Bassong fan but that doesn''t mean I''m right![/quote]Bassong is frustratingly off-form this season. The Player of the season award and captains arm band seem to have resulted in him dropping down a few gears.Ryan Bennett looks better at the moment but I''m not sure either him or Turner are comfortable on the left side of defence (may be wrong there) and Bassong showed last year he can be better than the other two when he''s switched on and on form. May be why he''s getting games in the hope he returns to his best.

I''m glad we have three very good centre backs.

But imo Bennett is the 3rd best and Turner is a better player.

Looked immense again today before his injury, but it is nice to have a very able replacement available so it doesn''t feel like the end of the world when one of Bassong or Turner gets injured.

Nothing between the three centre backs in terms of ability, so whoever is in form should play and atm that''s Bennett, one of the others should be raising their game to play alongside him.

People keep saying Bennett has all this ability and potential but he''s 24 soon, been at the club 2 years and hasn''t been able to establish himself as first choice.

Now is his chance to show if he is any good.

I would probably agree that Bassong and Turner are better players at the moment.

However, they are not so much better that they can keep lapsing in concentration and making mistakes and Bennett has no chance of getting into the side. I''d rather have a consistent Bennett than an out of sorts but slightly better technically Bassong.